Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Mech Warriors - Liao Faction

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well done!

I like the greens, the faces are great especially the one with the helmet!

Thanks Glitterwolf!

Even though the faces are very nicely exposed, I had some problems with the eyes being they were so small.  With the lady, her right eye (left as you look at it) after I photographed her the first time noticed that it had turned out horribly so I had to go back and work on it again before my final photos.  Still not completely satisfied.

And the greens, before I put sealant on them, looked a lot rougher.  I only use water ever as a flow agent and I use very watered down layers after the first layer, but it seemed a little grainier than I had originally wanted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iridil said:

These are some old school minis I haven't seen - thanks for sharing them. Great faces!

Thanks Iridil! 

I'm not really too sure about the history of these minis. I don't think they were actually available to be sold for too long. They're MechWarriors, which I understand belong to the Battletech game, and I'd seen these miniatures in passing a few years back and they had always kind of been in the back of my mind as very interesting, even though they were sci-fi and not fantasy.   I saw not too long ago that Ral Partha re-released them, so I got a hold of some and thought I'd start painting the sets little by little.  I'm working on the Liao faction right now, and have the skins painted for them, next is to grab a group of security guard looking types and start working on their clothes which will probably all end up being grey with green details.

• Like 2

You found some very rare pieces. I have been playing BT since the beginning and have never actually found a set of them! Congrats!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

You found some very rare pieces. I have been playing BT since the beginning and have never actually found a set of them! Congrats!

The beautiful part about this is that they are all available again out at Ral Partha's web site, so if you ever wanted to snag some sets, now would be the time while they are still available. They have all five factions that were sculpted back in the eighties available and they really aren't that expensive when you consider that each package comes with eight figures.

• Like 2

I've been told these are the pilots for the Mechs and it's very hot in the cockpit, which is why they are pretty scantily clad.

Those are the old retro cooling vests, think padded/flexible radiators

Edited by SandyBFB
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, SandyBFB said:

I've been told these are the pilots for the Mechs and it's very hot in the cockpit, which is why they are pretty scantily clad.

Those are the old retro cooling vests, think padded/flexible radiators

You are dead right and welcome to the place!

From an OLD Battletecher, yes, I have blown up a Rifleman from overheating! Gotta love the 3025 stuff.

• Like 2

Im a big battletech / mechwarrior fan - I want to see more! I like that they are scantily clad, but not in an erotic way.

Ive definitely destroyed my fair share of mechs with heat. In the best of times you ride that line where the alarms are barking  and you keep blasting - one more crit is all you need....

Really characterful. I'm looking forward to the rest of the crew.

Do you have the Kurita pack? That would be my vote for the next faction.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vulture said:

Im a big battletech / mechwarrior fan - I want to see more! I like that they are scantily clad, but not in an erotic way.

Ive definitely destroyed my fair share of mechs with heat. In the best of times you ride that line where the alarms are barking  and you keep blasting - one more crit is all you need....

Really characterful. I'm looking forward to the rest of the crew.

Do you have the Kurita pack? That would be my vote for the next faction.

I’ve got the other five from the Liao faction on my table to hopefully finish in the next few weeks and then who knows, Kurita might be next!

• Like 2