Sign in to follow this  
buglips*the*goblin

Warlord Games Sturmgeschutz (StuGly the ugly StuG)

Since I was asked for pictures of my StuGly duckling's repaint, I decided to do up a thread.  I had painted this with a rather poor job of splotchy camouflage and then left it, intending to replace it with a Rubicon Models StuG.  I will still eventually do that, but I'll have some tasks for a StuG before then so StuGly here gets a repaint.  This is just put on over the existing basecoat, so I'm not too fussed about the finish.

I did look for some paint camo schemes to see if there was one I liked, but didn't find anything thrilling so I followed the First Rule of German Armor:  when in doubt, paint squiggly lines all over it.  

StuGly001.jpg.368f43bb050e59226ba957e7580f4d83.jpg

StuGly002.jpg.593ae57d81ccde07f34d62c16e43dbd5.jpg

So as it progresses into (hopefully) something not too bad, I'll update.  In the meantime, enjoy the brown and green spaghetti.  

• Like 9

StuGly003.jpg.3615fb6268efae05fa6f084fccec9976.jpg

StuGly got a wash.  I used some Secret Weapon washes that arrived yesterday.  Dark Sepia and Heavy Body Black.  I should have tried the soft body first, tbh, the heavy body was so dark I had to thin it half and half with reaper wash medium.  But, it worked.  I also think Sewer Water might work better for dark yellow than the sepia, I'll find out when I get to the big cats.  

This probably looks overdone, but it's that way on purpose for the next step.  

• Like 10

So in working on StuGly I decided that I really just hate it too much and went ahead and ordered the Rubicon one.  So when that comes in I'll finish this WIP off with that, start to end.  I just can't even look at the Warlord/Italeri one, it's such a vexing, wretched little thing. 

• Like 4