77285: Skeletal Champion

Xiwo Xerase

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it.  I have him ready to paint on my table and should get to it Soon(tm).  I think the shadows are a little dark, maybe I would have gone with a dark purple instead of the brown.  The shadows on the gold armor look good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I like it.  I have him ready to paint on my table and should get to it Soon(tm).  I think the shadows are a little dark, maybe I would have gone with a dark purple instead of the brown.  The shadows on the gold armor look good.

Thanks!

I think the shadows being dark works well with the bright highlights, but maybe that's just me.  I agree that it might look nicer using a dark purple for the shadows (or maybe using a darker purple near the transition to the brown).  I used Walnut Brown because it's what I used for everything else (in his blending class, @Kuro Cleanbrush recommended using the same high highlight color and dark shadow color everywhere on the figure to help bring it together).  If I had planned this out, I might have picked a different shadow color.  (I wonder how the bronze would look with Nightshade Purple.  Future experiment!)

• Like 2