Jump to content

Will the KS frigate be usable?


Corsair
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't work well with most existing rules sets, which focus on ship maneuvering and ranged combat much more than boarding actions. And it doesn't really represent a specific ship either. Also, historical miniatures gamers are the cheapest people in adventure gaming.

 

But if the price is low enough, I think it might be quite popular anyway, because it's a fun model.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

For those into the historic naval games, do you think that the Kickstarter ship will be popular among historic gamers?

 

 

Not for naval games, but for pirate skirmish games it should be great.   Put two of them next to each other and you can have quite the spirited boarding action! 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Also, historical miniatures gamers are the cheapest people in adventure gaming.

 

This is quite accurate.  I got spoiled by cheap plastic hoplites and Romans during my Hail Caesar phase and then I went into Frostgrave and fantasy minis again and OH MY GOODNESS.  Ow.  I also could fight a navel battle 2x the size of Trafalgar with all the 1:900 fully rigged papercraft sailing ships I have in a tub under my desk.  [War Artisan dot com] is great.

 

I intend to purchase too many of these guys at retail and redo the masts to be irritating I mean accurate, and rig most of them as closely as I can.  ish.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Razig will ride the waves...... Course now I need to finish purchasing and painting my Razig crew....... And of course get the wifee talked into letting get one or two.... Ok two would definitely be pushing the wife to the edge.

 

You're not going to make her walk the plank are you?

 

I definitely will need one.

The only question will be, during KS/PM or Retail?

Depending on World Politics and my trust in that....right now it seems the Brexit thing is steering in a reasonable direction.

Now waiting for US and China to stop interfering with my hobby plans!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gray-edsal-utility-carts-sc2016-64_1000.

 

Cover the top of that cart with a nice water effect base (structurally a piece of plywood would do). Drape the sides with blue cloth. 

 

Put the ship on top. Then it is ready to sail a ballroom sized space at table-top height. Opposing ships will need their own carts. Forts and gun batteries will need entire tables to themselves. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 9
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

gray-edsal-utility-carts-sc2016-64_1000.

 

Cover the top of that cart with a nice water effect base (structurally a piece of plywood would do). Drape the sides with blue cloth. 

 

Put the ship on top. Then it is ready to sail a ballroom sized space at table-top height. Opposing ships will need their own carts. Forts and gun batteries will need entire tables to themselves. 

 

There is even place for the underwater expansion on the lower shelf!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, TGP said:

gray-edsal-utility-carts-sc2016-64_1000.

 

Cover the top of that cart with a nice water effect base (structurally a piece of plywood would do). Drape the sides with blue cloth. 

 

Put the ship on top. Then it is ready to sail a ballroom sized space at table-top height. Opposing ships will need their own carts. Forts and gun batteries will need entire tables to themselves. 

 

26 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

There is even place for the underwater expansion on the lower shelf!

 

 

Sounds like a lovely tournament, so we are you two putting tournament on and where?????

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Sounds like a lovely tournament, so [...] are you two putting [the] tournament on and where?????

 

Next ReaperCon in the ballroom area I suppose. That is the sort of venue I had in mind. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TGP said:

 

Next ReaperCon in the ballroom area I suppose. That is the sort of venue I had in mind. 

And all the tables are islands!!!!!!! We should get shore forts to put on a few and each island could have booty....... You raid the table and take the booty you want!!!!!! Oh I am loving this concept of the tournament.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:
28 minutes ago, TGP said:

 

Next ReaperCon in the ballroom area I suppose. That is the sort of venue I had in mind. 

And all the tables are islands!!!!!!! We should get shore forts to put on a few and each island could have booty....... You raid the table and take the booty you want!!!!!! Oh I am loving this concept of the tournament.

 

Biggest tabletop game ever. 

 

And since sea level would be considered about 3 foot off the floor, everyone seated in the main area would be treated to an...

 

immersive game experience. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...