Alien activity in sector five!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      Some random conversions I threw together.

Frank Buck, from Chronoscope, converted to a fantasy figure by adding some Boneyard pieces I picked up at ReaperCon.

NOVA Female Trooper head swap. An extra Tara the Silent donated her head

Attempts at some baby griffons using the falcon and cat from one of the Bones Familiar packs. I'd rather have a rainbowsculptor or Talespinner sculpt, but these will do for my D&D campaign.

• By Inarah
      Started these back in October, specifically the Sara Blitzer conversion.  Was working on them at Reapercon, finished them during the Minivember challenge.  Based and sprayed last night. I also completed one more of the Tisdale cousins, from the BoGW.  They are ready for the game tonight. 

From left to right: 80024, 80049, 80014, 80019, 80021, 80010.

• By kristof65
      Some of you have probably seen my Tycho AFV for my Nova Corp figures, and the Rottweiler Grav Tank I'm working on for my IMEF figures.  They've been quite fun to create. And now I've been going through my collection of other Reaper Chronoscope figures, and I've realized I've got a few other groups of figures that I could make similar sized units from. If I do that, it would be only fair if I gave them each a vehicle.

Since it will be a little bit before I actually get around to any of these, I thought I would ask you all what sort of look you would envision for vehicles for these various factions:

Cyber-Reavers - Given the Terminator vibe of these minis, I'm thinking something along the lines of the Hunter Killer flying craft from the movies. 

Kulathi - ???

Bathalians -  ???

Blackstar Corsairs - ???. I'm thinking maybe some sort of drop pod or drop ship for them? Or maybe just a bigger walker? 

The Gray Aliens already have a flying saucer, so they're good. 

That's what I have in my collection already (mostly thanks to 3 Bones Kickstarters).  But I went ahead and browsed through the Chronoscope line in the store, and while I don't really see any other groups of minis that are big enough to make complete units, there are a few that were inspiring, should additional minis for them come along:

Illyrians (2 minis) - ??? 

Blood Nebula Mercenary (1 mini) - ???

Alien Overlords (3 minis) - ???

Sligg (3 minis) - ???

There are also enough sci-fi hero types, such as Kirby McDowell Space Privateer and Bonnie Futuristic Heroine, to assemble mercenary like unit. They'll need a vehicle too. 

So let's see your thoughts and ideas. 

• By Chaoswolf
      I've been on a bit of a Sci-Fi kick recently, so I'm going to be converting and painting up the Bones version of the Nova Corp troops.

The original head on this guy has a horrible mold line, so I swapped it with a GW Dark Eldar.  

Nothing wrong with her head, I just don't like having a bunch of clones, so I'll be giving her a bare head.

With new head (from GW Wood Elves).                                                                                

These are the same figure. The one on the left has the head from the female trooper added. The one on the right is the original head; as you can see the detail is lousy, so it got cut off.

The head/helmet with the lousy detail from the guy above is now hanging on her belt.        

These guys have some extra equipment added.

One of the guys from above is going to become a sniper.                                            

And his rifle, courtesy of a GW Tau.

That's all for now, but I have a few more conversions to do before painting starts.

• By RouterMike
      I had an idea that I wanted to paint up my Nova Corp folks as black-clad security troops, but I also wanted to add color to the reflections, since most objects are not true black, and life is rarely all black and white. So I have two troopers that I painted up in blue and purple.

So my questions are two-fold. Which of these colors works better as a representation of black-clad troops? Also, how can I improve the highlighting/coloration for the rest of these guys? Bear in mind, what you see in the pictures below is about the best I could pull together for brush control yesterday.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)