Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Arcanaloth?

Other then the spendy prepaint(s) on the secondary market right now is there anything out there that might rep a Arcanaloth, 5e style?

latest?cb=20171010191559

Medium size base.

Since it's a option encounter (depends on whether or not the PCs divert from the path in a Ravenloft AL game) I really don't want to fork over the 20 or so for the prepainted one. I was thinking,  a werewolf scholar type might work but I don't think I've seen anything like that. There is one on Shapeways but that would mean I'd actually have to get my printer working & dialed in before this adventure (it should be in a few weeks).

thanks

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, haldir said:

Other then the spendy prepaint(s) on the secondary market right now is there anything out there that might rep a Arcanaloth, 5e style?

latest?cb=20171010191559

Medium size base.

Since it's a option encounter (depends on whether or not the PCs divert from the path in a Ravenloft AL game) I really don't want to fork over the 20 or so for the prepainted one. I was thinking,  a werewolf scholar type might work but I don't think I've seen anything like that. There is one on Shapeways but that would mean I'd actually have to get my printer working & dialed in before this adventure (it should be in a few weeks).

thanks

Would 77473 or 77474 work?

They are nice reps & I thought about them but I need more of the scholar or even wizard type. Again if the encounter goes as planned, they won't even encounter him & even when they do, he is up in the head of a hollow statue flinging spells as the players.

• Like 3

What's your budget? Dark Sword has some fox-person spellcasters but I think the scale is a bit more "cutesy".

Stonehaven has a Kitsune swordsman who's not armored so you could cut off the sword's blade and turn the handle into a wand.

03802 Dijoro, Female Kitsune is also unarmored and her polearm could be turned into an ordinary quarterstaff.

• Like 2

Stonehaven is out. Great minis but way overpriced. Dijoro is nice but she is a she. I need a male as it repping the arcanaloth inside the statue head of the Amber Temple in Curse of Strahd. I've picked up a few of the DS fox people but I don't think those would feel right as they do have the cartoonish features of anthro-animals.

4 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Aren't fiends typically genderless/genderfluid anyway?

Probably, but I like using whatever the writer has put in the encounter. 

Reading the actual encounter with this fiend from CoS, he appears as a old wizard type anyways (using alter self). So I dont think I'll need this miniature after all. Also reading his monster manual entry, I see why they put in a "safe path" for the AL adventure, he can single handedly take out the party as they are no where near his CR. (Just part of the Curse of Strahd adventure.)

My players are smart so I hope they just use the path given.  If not their character's funerals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Look at 14613, I think you might like it.

Unfortunately, it's too big. That is a 2 inch base. All the Lupin?  Wolfen? Faction are 2 inch base minis. I think there might 1 or 2 that are 1 inch thou. 

Maybe modify a gnoll?

14597_w_1.jpg

Fluff out the tail and add points to the ears.

He is availale in Bones, which will make him easier to modify.

77235_w_1.jpg

• Like 3