Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Thanksgiving Paint Binge Challenge 2019

Adding to the paint pile:

77016 rats (3)

77640 graveyard entry  (maybe)

Gallardia games mimic

By the end of the week it ought to warm up enough that I can start priming stuff in the garage. 

• Like 4

More priming today: DSCN1274.jpg.3077536f6aa394c0b264eb8350376a2f.jpg

Challenge begins in 13 days.  Looking at last year's thread (I only finished 2 figures in 2018  :wacko:)  I see I have 2 kitsune, a succubus and a griffin still unfinished.  Adding those to the pile.  

• Like 7

Already started, since a few painters had their "99 miniatures in 99 days" sorta threads. 

Johnny Lauck ran some Dungeon Decor KS a few years back, and I finally got to painting. Finished the six human figures, and am working on a ton of tiny bits: weapons, books, scrolls, etc.

Anyway, I posted in Show Off the six figures, but here they are again. Furniture by Tiny Furniture. Game tiles by Galladoria Games.

Colored brush-on primers and washes (Army Painter and Secret Weapon Miniatures) *really* help. Dunno why more companies don't put out at least a basic set of brush-on colored primer.

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3676.JPG

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 6

Found these guys and they are already primed, so why not.  May not get to them, but then again...

IMG_20191118_193834608.jpg.66cec469e2e691ce1bd93e091da600f9.jpg

9 days left to prepare. 

• Like 6

A little more prep work this morning, some figures glued to washers, a few bases base-coated.  The washers will get primed and sanded, and primed again, later tonight or tomorrow. 

DSCN1289.jpg.3a77e9fd5fed162f1c07b67d430e3013.jpg

• Like 6

I went through my collection and this is the start of what I want to get done. Since I've been painting I've only did smaller figures, so I think things like the frog demon, jungle titan and frost giant are going to be fun, and Solar has been one of my favorite minis since I first saw the concept art of it, so I'm really looking forward to that one.

I doubt I will come close to finishing them all, but I think I will get a lot of painting done to have at least a few of them looking better. 

20191119_184120.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

is anyone planning on getting on the hangouts whilst they do this????

I'm not, but feel free to start one and paint along.  I focus better without distractions. 

• Like 1

I'm going to try to participate, but not sure if I can make it.

My try will be a unit of Crocodile Games Mummy Warriors.

• Like 4

I’m adding to my list and planning on making use of my as-yet-untouched contrast paints heavily to run up the numbers for this.

I got the Wrath of Kings Honor & Treachery starter box and I’ve been prepping and basing those guys.

I’m also planning on doing all of the Zombies from a Zombicide box I have that’s still full of grey plastic.  Those guys are going to help me put big numbers up!  Lots of greenish flesh and orange jumpsuits and not much else on them.

• Like 3

Yeah, those zombies will be good for numbers. 

I primed some critters last week: 

DSCN1274.jpg.34726e8ff19354a7cddf598ab95ac3c4.jpg

Currently taking as much ibuprofen and prednisone as possible to get rid of this arthritis flare up before Thursday. 

• Like 5

Broccoli.  I may have misunderestimated the number of zombies in that box.  It’s a lot of zombies.  I killed most of a rattle can of Wraith Bone and I think a filter for my little airbrushing box.

Also, do I count as a mini?  I’m prepped and primed already.

B8FFDA38-1C4E-4C49-B062-9315D9A61B7E.thumb.jpeg.5a6be92f4a02c42bacfa88cd6ea2964f.jpeg

I’m probably not going to try to do all of these.  I might alternate a skewer or zombies with a handful of something else and see how far I get.  It’s possible I’ll end up only painting 1 zombie all weekend too.

I did fill out my contrast paints collection with 8 new ones I picked up at my flgs though.

14FCFF23-68BD-48BE-A825-8A9A7068E6EF.thumb.jpeg.14db840ca74d263411fec8656678349d.jpeg

I also have all but 4 of the WoK starter set prepped and based.  They’re so cool I may choose not to binge paint them though!

258C1229-4708-49DC-BD84-AB0B1405F685.thumb.jpeg.4c87057cec3be560a4212077cace798d.jpeg

I’m hoping to get the rest of them done tomorrow along with priming a few more bones, then on Wednesday I might spend some time noting down some color schemes

Edited by rubegon
  • Like 6

Going to try to knock out most of my Critit Animal KS minis this weekend. Got baking soda and kitty litter glued down on the bases that didn't already have texture the other night. Home with a sick kiddo today so I'm going to break out the airbrush and get them all zenithal primed.

Should hopefully be able to crank them out over the course of the weekend.

• Like 2