Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Thanksgiving Paint Binge Challenge 2019

Looks like a great bunch of figures.  

It is 5 hours from "official" start time, but if you have time to paint tonight, go ahead and start.  I'm not going to be fussy about when people start and stop.  The challenge is to get as much stuff painted as possible. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Looks like a great bunch of figures.  

It is 5 hours from "official" start time, but if you have time to paint tonight, go ahead and start.  I'm not going to be fussy about when people start and stop.  The challenge is to get as much stuff painted as possible. 

Thanks!  I was planning on working on a couple of my long-term WIPs tonight, but I’m itching to try out those contrast paints.  I think I will go ahead and start on some of these guys - maybe some lizardmen...

I’ll post an update tonight if I make some progress.

• Like 2

This looks awesome! 

it looks like some of you are going to binge enough minis to count 30 for the month! 

im closing in on my goal of 20, but I doubt I will add a lot to it over the holiday.  perhaps 3? 

as for prepped but not started - I have a frog.  (reaper  killer frog 02665)

but ill stop by and see how y'all are doing. 

• Like 4

I think I managed to knock out 150+ terrain bits, mostly from Johnny Lauck's Dungeon Decor, and Itar's Workshop. Also got some Reaper Graveyard KS done. Second pic has some Malice RPG Treasures I painted last year. Last pic includes mimics from Galladoria Games that I also painted before. Just realized I didn't take a pic of 25 skulls from Itar's Workshop, and the first pic cropped out some bits. Whatever.

Game tiles are from Galladoria Game's Crown and Laurel Tavern. Battlemat is Loke Battlemat's Slaughterfields. If it's brown, I used Army Painter brown Soft Tone ink wash on it. If it's ochre, I used Army Painter Skeleton Bone. I'm done with the bits, since I have a Galladoria Games Chrismas mimic to work on (see the WIP forum). Keep painting! 

Reaper Graveyard WIP : https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/89180-reaper-ks3-graveyard-with-secret-weapon-miniatures-stone-wash/

IMG_3681.JPG

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3685.JPG

IMG_3682.JPG

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 8

After thinking upon it....I'm in. Assuming of course that the Undead Turkey Spirits of Thanksgiving Eve don't devour me on my upcoming gas station run. But seeing as how most of what's on my Shelf of Incompleteion is from last year's attempt, might as well see if I can finish them this year.

100_1063.JPG.27dd50c9bc7c4b0e4c88d8a70e9fae8c.JPG

Witches, Witch Hunters Wiz Kids minis and Mousings all around 90% completion. 

100_1064.JPG.491ef125708bc9ab9cbe0d80f85f2691.JPG

Witch Hunter reinforcements that have a ways to go.

100_1066.JPG.1461dab9bc5d76f82ceef47eb2303496.JPG

Barely begun Witch Hunters and Christmas Pirates.

100_1065.JPG.17f9c5b7d572f36518647ad8a7487fee.JPG

More Mouslings barely begun.

100_1067.JPG.c639daaa49df6b918e5ee4c4c4c87a81.JPG

Unit of Coffee Dwarves that I doubt I'll finish, but I might be able make some head way on.

Now to brave the Darkness and the Poultry...

• Like 8

On 10/14/2019 at 3:21 PM, Inarah said:

Who's in with me? 

Maybe...

...I am up way too late. First 18 hours (at least) of Holiday are otherwise committed.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ced1106 said:

I think I managed to knock out 150+ terrain bits, mostly from Johnny Lauck's Dungeon Decor, and Itar's Workshop. Also got some Reaper Graveyard KS done.

Terrain - now *that’s* the way to run up the numbers! :winkthumbs:

Got a late start after making my share of tomorrow’s feast (cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes), and playing Mario Kart with the kiddos.

I started on the lizardmen with my first use of GW contrast paints.  I’m pretty pleased with them, I have to say.  For “quick” tabletop quality paint jobs, they definitely a success.  The quality/time ratio is very high.  The process is basically: prime with Wraithbone; paint biggest color, touch up with Wraithbone, paint next color, etc.

Have 3 colors on these guys so far - I think I need 2 more and maybe some details and the first 6 are done.  Tomorrow

938973E1-E0D1-4EE7-A5BB-B2BC64498707.thumb.jpeg.3af75a12677dab15e99757f422feda2f.jpeg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Maybe...

...I am up way too late. First 18 hours (at least) of Holiday are otherwise committed.

Good thing this challenge lasts several days. :)

I'm starting with this lot:

15749643337436661382909767154548.thumb.jpg.ea730c50a1b29529bab53fd47e17b311.jpg

• Like 7

On 11/26/2019 at 1:48 AM, rubegon said:

Also, do I count as a mini?  I’m prepped and primed already.

Awesome thought!

Did some work on Demogorgon and his base this am, as well as some airbrush touch ups on my unit of M1 Abrams for Team Yankee (WW III tabletop game)

Hope to do more later...

• Like 6

No photos yet, but I got 5 more Space Marines done, and am working on finishing up a unit of 10 Crusaders I started about 15 years ago. 

And on top of that, I got my 3d printer running. 

• Like 7

Hot damn!  We’ve got some production going!

Didn’t get much time to paint today because turkey, but just finished up these 6 guys.  Debating between starting a kebab of zombies or a handful of darkreach monsters next.  Leaning towards darkreach...

C375E982-6B14-4334-BDD3-07EE846BBA16.thumb.jpeg.0da6d9af3e78476fc0f9e47e1295c34d.jpeg

• Like 7

Day 1 Progress

2 Female Barbarians

2 Female Rogues

5 Witch Hunters (pics later this morning, waiting for the matte sealer to dry)

Things will likely slow down a bit from here, as all of those were mostly done already. Might have another couple done by dawn. 

• Like 5