Corsair

Size of Wallcrawler 59018

11 minutes ago, Corsair said:

How big is this bugger? There is no mention on the site. Thanks

I've never seen that figure before. And now I need it. ::D:

From the price, I don't think it can be very big. It's only slightly more expensive than the average metal human mini.

• Like 3

Tiny. Probably about  the size of a medium sized dog mini.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's a fun critter!

Would look good on a tree/wall/rock/in a cave etc..

• Like 3

Aha! Pics acquired! 

IMG_20191016_192451913.jpg.02b50cafb05f647902a43b598a2cbabd.jpg

The brass ring is 1". You can see that it's fairly large - it would squeeze onto a 1' display base, or fit comfortably on a 40mm base, even be large enough to fill a 2" if you wanted space to do interesting basing. I would say that a 25mm base would be too small. Below I've put one on a 32mm, 40mm, and 2" display bases - keep in mind that none of these are fully assembled, and the legs almost double the width of the body.

IMG_20191016_193526824.jpg.e77d46fd39115144b53c5197b6dbadc8.jpg

They come in 6 pieces - the body, and a sprue with 4 identical legs and the head. Not too difficult to put together, but the legs are too fine to pin - you'll want to glue them in a position where they will not need to take pressure - possibly even gluing the body and leg tips belly-flat to the base, so the weight of the body is not on the legs. Also the legs are very fine and do not stay attached to the sprue, so be very careful opening the package - they're easy to lose!

Sorry if that's more info than you needed - I figured I'd dump it here so people searching in the future can find it. I love this mini - I think it's heartbreaking how often it goes overlooked for being a Chronoscope, since I feel it has lots of great fantasy potential!

And now that I've dug my little box of them out, I might just paint them... I've been meaning to for a long time...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Aard_Rinn said:

Not too difficult to put together, but the legs are too fine to pin

That sounds like a challenge. When I get one of these, I will accept that challenge. 

::D:

• Haha 3

I mean, while I am always a fan of another episode of Doug Sundseth's Bad Decision Thursdays ::P:, I'll clarify; it's not super-bad regardless. I grabbed a couple more pictures so you can see what I mean:

IMG_20191016_195538761.jpg.297e6b71816b844b7f5e1b72e8318d26.jpgIMG_20191016_195613992.jpg.0fa8f9ddd6761cad1f8e40cee8287d12.jpg

If you look, the leg doesn't connect straight in - it's an insect leg with a knob of muscle before the straight, so you've got a very narrow area to pin if you want to get the right angle. That's a smal-sized paperclip for scale. Additionally, it does have those... quasi-pins?... that some minis have, a little ball of pewter to fit in moulded sockets along the side. I'm quite sure the legs can support the weight of the mini as moulded for display/light use, but if you're doing anything with a risk of top-down pressure they're going to warp and split, as much due to the thinness of the metal as anything. Putting it belly-down in GS/basing stuff is as much to prevent that as keep the legs attached... It's really fiddly, which is why mine have gone unassembled for 4+ years despite being one of my first loves from Reaper.

That said I'd be really into seeing how you pin/assemble it! I'm working on a couple ideas for what to do with mine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Aard_Rinn said:

Actually, @Corsair, @Doug Sundseth, would you guys be interested in doing a group paint thread and seeing if we can get some other people in on this, if we're all looking to paint one? It might be fun for that!

I might be willing to do that, but I'm not going to place another order with Reaper this month. (They're getting ... N Dollars from me already. :unsure:)

That does look like a small point of contact, but I have pinned a broken sword blade back onto its hilt before, so I'm pretty sure it's possible. Though you're probably right that with the creature's low profile and careful basing it wouldn't necessarily need pinning.

• Like 2

First off, thanks for the incredible effort you put in on the answers! I don't know if I will be doing one now, as I found a mini that is going to serve for me. If you guys decide to do one, I guess I will too!

• Like 3