Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Classic Monsters: The Were-Wolf (02139, Jean-paul Duchamps; 77009, Werewolf, Nolzur's Werewolf)

BONUS POINTS for painting Wolves!!

I really like these Werewolves!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every nurse who's worked a night shift in ICU settings knows well the effects of a full moon on people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Nice collection and I enjoyed ready your story.  The moon is great. It fit in so well in the background I wasn't even noticing it until you pointed it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Adrift said:

Every nurse who's worked a night shift in ICU settings knows well the effects of a full moon on people.

My Mom worked 3rd shift for most of her nursing career, often in the ER, so she dreded Full Moon nights, especially on Friday the 13th or Halloween!

GF

• Haha 3

Thanks, everyone! 

On 10/19/2019 at 3:03 PM, Glitterwolf said:

BONUS POINTS for painting Wolves!!

I really like these Werewolves!

:lol: I know my audience sometimes! And you know from wolves, so this is high praise. 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:12 PM, Inarah said:

Nice collection and I enjoyed ready your story.  The moon is great. It fit in so well in the background I wasn't even noticing it until you pointed it out. 

Thanks! It's a subtle touch, but it wouldn't be right to have a werewolf shoot without a full moon. And the story isn't mine, but from the playwright Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi." The excerpt is based on a contemporary account of a murder trial (there are several well-documented werewolf trials, particularly from late renaissance and Bourbon-era France)

On 10/19/2019 at 3:48 PM, Adrift said:

18 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

My Mom worked 3rd shift for most of her nursing career, often in the ER, so she dreded Full Moon nights, especially on Friday the 13th or Halloween!

It is true. Teachers see it as well. There are a couple of historical accounts of medical lycanthropy in which the patients would have episodes on full moon nights despite being kept in windowless rooms.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Changed the name of the Project.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Metalchaos
      Here's the last one from the Dungeon Dweller Wererat 07016 set. I named this on Darric. It was sculpted by Ben Siens.
      Painted up with Reaper's MSP acrylic paint and mounted on a 25mm round base.

• By Metalchaos
      It isn’t the full moon but it's wererat weekend anyways. Here's Bertar the Rogue dragging his loot back to the lair of the thief’s guild.  Here's Bertar the Wererat 07016 sculpted by Ben Siens. Painted up with Reaper's MSP acrylic paint and mounted on a 25mm round base. This mini is part of a three model set from the Dungeon Dwellers line.

• By Metalchaos
      Good evening everyone, here's my latest achievement, Reaper's giant lycanthrope rodent. I painted this feral hybrid for an upcoming D&D session. It's a charming classical setting. The players get to clean the city sewers infested with filthy wererats and their dire rat pets. I made up the stats for this specific model. He's going to be the leader of the group, Brattus the Hill Giant Wererat.

Reaper Miniatures 77292, Giant Wererat sculpted by Jason Wiebe. Painted up with Reaper's MSP acrylic paint and mounted on a 50mm round base.

Have a good weekend!

• By Maledrakh
      Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Werecrocodile. Yup, a werecrocodile. Presumably someone survived getting bitten by a croc and then turned the following full moon, tearing off all their clothes to waddle down to the river and burble at the moon?
      So now we are just waiting for the WereDuckbilledPlatypus and WereMoose with baited breath. Maybe in Bones 5?
      Thankfully this mini does not have any clothing, armour, weapons or other items about it's person. This can work as a monstrous beast of any kind. Even a Kaiju in a game of Epic.
      This came from the third Bones kickstarter.

77447 Werecrocodile
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015
      Sculpted by James Van Schaik
      Bonesium PVC.
      45mm bespoke 3D printed base

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 291 Guests (See full list)