3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

The Eye is some sorta evil god, the gryph guys are guarding it or something along those lines.

Odd, I don't think I ever got the left line on my original board. Anyone know of anything for the new board/firmware for the Ender 3 (using the 1.1.5 I think that's it) board? The option on there are like uhhhhhh ok what does this do? Oh wait I don't want to screw up the initial settings...... that sorta thing.

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far into the future, when our civilisation has ended and exists only as mere whispers of myths, Archaeologists will enter a forbitting cave and gingerly make their way into its depths.    There t

Always go with the Corgi!   Also I printed a thing! (6 sided die for scale )  

So, I was on the line with an EPAX rep the other day trying to determine if the X1-k would meet the print quality needs we are looking for to produce master copies (close but probably not quite).  Any

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, haldir said:

The Eye is some sorta evil god, the gryph guys are guarding it or something along those lines.

More what we are likely to use it for - in Mordheim and Frostgrave. ::):

My plans for the gryphkin is more Blight oriented.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

So, assuming that the floaty bits are Wyrdstone, what do you think Mordheim warbands would try to do about this?

1.jpg?token-time=1596163751&token-hash=p

In Frostgrave, I suppose those could be floating chunks of magical ice....

The Auld Grump

Megan's response - her warband would shout 'Mine!' :lol:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

@haldir have you tried moving the prong to the left side of the bed instead.of the center?  Might be a good way to see if it's a leveling issue.  I will say most of the problems with the ender I have had are with leveling.  (The Prusa is self leveling which is at the same time better and worse

• Like 4

Far into the future, when our civilisation has ended and exists only as mere whispers of myths, Archaeologists will enter a forbitting cave and gingerly make their way into its depths.   

There they find a skeleton draped across a mysterious object...   

As they step closer, the skeleton suddenly animates, rises and slowly moves towards them.

The archeologists stand petrified with fear as it gets close enough to touch, but doesn't seem intent to harm them. 

'H... h... Honoured Guardian' one of them exclaims, dropping to his knees, 'we did not mean to intrude! We will leave immediately, and touch nothing!'

'My... name... is...' the skeleton rumbles slowly, somehow managing to speak without vocal cords that turned to dust aeons ago... 

'My name...' it rumbles again, somewhat quicker, 'Haldir... Do anyone of you have a new nozzle for my printer?'   

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Haha 14
10 hours ago, haldir said:

Odd, I don't think I ever got the left line on my original board. Anyone know of anything for the new board/firmware for the Ender 3 (using the 1.1.5 I think that's it) board? The option on there are like uhhhhhh ok what does this do? Oh wait I don't want to screw up the initial settings...... that sorta thing.

Weird, I've had the left line since day one, maybe your original board was an older spec than mine.....

I have the 1.1.5 board, but I just stick with the settings I know (heating the nozzle for clogs, moving the Z axis so I have room to change the nozzle after clogs, moving the extruder to make sure the clog is gone.....can you tell I've been dealing with clogs lately?). Oh and printing from TF.  Not sure why it changed to TF......

• Like 4

Fired up the Mars last night for the first time in...  9 weeks?  I had left the resin in the vat and checked it for leaks before starting, mixed up the resin and fired it up to print a couple Hero Forge characters for our new Pathfinder 2 game.  They printed fine and I left them to drip overnight.  Cleaned, removed supports and they are curing now.  Other than one of the bases having a couple little wobbles in it (I may have gone a bit overboard with the hot water when removing the supports...), they will be ready for primer in a few minutes. 

Now I have to have a serious self-talk about all the stl patreon's I'm following and trim the list a little... 

• Like 6

So I decided to try something new and used Blender to modify a couple free models I had downloaded.
These are some saber tanks. Had to make the guns bigger for fear that they would not print at that scale, though they are still very small. There is also a bar on the back behind the hatch that is very tiny that may disappear as well.
10CD0A93-FFB8-4176-8973-C1F6F9A1C773.jpeg.17e77a2baca97f8f872f61ad3fa6321c.jpeg

The second modification was a little bit more complicated. I replaced the side guns on the at-st s with rotary blasters. First attempt printed out fine, but I got the joint between the gun and the head a bit too thin and broke them off one of the heads while removing the supports. So I went back in and buffed them up heavily.
Here is the first rendition.
 733E5DE2-AD64-4D71-ACFD-8DD17573C2A0.jpeg.9819f8fe2a2b067239909fd52433bb4c.jpeg
Here is the buffed up version.

3E1F46FD-40EC-4D3E-B90A-AD8DC8BC0031.jpeg.19dd4dda67a10290766d1ec8d3efeed9.jpeg

Now if I can figure out what a bad contiguous edge is I’ll be doing good.

• Like 7

"Curious is the trapmakers art - his efficacy unwitnessed by his own eyes." - Ancestor, Darkest Dungeon.

SO! I think I have some things figured out. After some after looking further at some of my recent print issues I did some testing and poking around. I did look up how to replace the LCD in my printer (since that showed me where the cable was at and how to get to it), but before I did that I decided to test it first. I remember doing this when I first got the printer, but it skipped my mind until @Cygnwulf mentioned the screen being the possible culprit. The test went without issue, not glitching or artifacting that I could see. However, it my poking around I did find out that the USB stick that the Mars Pro comes with is... less than good. They are cheap thumbsticks prone to failure. I recovered what I could off of it and switch to one I already owned. Fortunately, it was already formatted in FAT32 (I used it to back up PS3/4 saves). I have to prop it up a bit when I plug it into the printer but it reads fine. I managed to print off the rest of the mini last night and got him assembled.

IMG_20200716_211756_1.jpg

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

yeah, I dind't even think about that, I tossed my photon stick in a drawer the day it came home and started using a Samsung BAR Plus drive.  Fits tight and has never given me a problem.

The stick I have (not the one that came with the printer) is a durable weatherized one, it's a bit heavy on one end, and since the plug on the Mars Pro is flat not tall, I think that's what is causing the droop. Either way, I can use the sticks own cover to keep it propped up without issue.

• Like 3

Question:

I use these settings for the elegoo mars / grey resin

image.png.82d4e185f136658fdeb4f035c9678da8.png

Now Raging Heroes ( lair of the spider queen) recommends these settings.

What would be the benefit/ or drawback using these?

image.thumb.png.e21000c333d2279944b3112b80e87354.png

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Printed a large base, orc for scale.

Now...we will have to wait for the one who occupies it, maybe tomorrow.

20200717_193521.jpg

20200717_193536.jpg

20200717_193611.jpg

I suspect you and I may have acquired the same thing(s) >_>

• Like 4
  • TaleSpinner changed the title to 3D Printing General Discussion (merged)
  • TaleSpinner pinned this topic