3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

Some good news for today! Kinda been down a bit with my FLGS having to put a halt to live events & roll20 being a PiTA for me to try & learn, but my first LCD screen came today!! 5 days quicker then what was estimated. I can handle that!

• Like 6

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/14/2020 at 4:30 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Patreon for about $10/€ 10 gives you a monthly set and the first month the welcome pack.

A physical mini or two will be all you get for that money.

And when you pay attention to the sales on MyMiniFactory you can get real bargains.

For example

Artisan Guild is going to add these to the welcome pack as soon as they reach 7000 patreons and the parrot at 6700!

The welcome pack alone is already huge with 3 trolls, a pack donkey, 3 gargoyles, a bust, a campsite, a watchtower and pallisades and some smaller stuff.

Can't wait for that parrot!!!

6664 backer at this point.

image.png

Is he the leader of the Parrots of Penzance?

Blame Grump, not me. Six years abo I had never heard Gilbert & Sullivan .

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Woo! First print is a success! Snakes didn't come out super detailed, I'm blaming antialiasing on that one. One of the snakes came out flat, needed more supports. Had a hard time viewing the head so I'm not surprised I missed areas. Still, very happy with how it came out.

Medusa.thumb.jpg.374d2007d3f9bb2b1542793440df6172.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Woo! First print is a success! Snakes didn't come out super detailed, I'm blaming antialiasing on that one. One of the snakes came out flat, needed more supports. Had a hard time viewing the head so I'm not surprised I missed areas. Still, very happy with how it came out.

Welcome to anther aspect of the hobby!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Humansquish said:

I have her STL as well.

She looks great!

Congrats!

I did print the Queen with the snakehair and such, they were detailed, I have antialiasing on max.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Phrozen you devils, my wallet can't take this abuse....

image.png.019734c1e28631f430b0371132d3559d.png

Elegoo has also teased the announcement of the announcement for the Mars Pro 2 Monochrome. No details beyond that yet though.

On a slightly different topic, I am looking at switching up the resin I use. I am discovering some... properties of the water washable elegoo grey that are a bit troublesome. The WW stuff is much more brittle than other resins, it also has issues with very fine parts. Not just detailing either, but very light supports have problems as well, they will almost disintegrate as it is printing. So, to that end I am looking at some different resins.

Does anyone have any experience with Siraya's 'Fast' or 'Build' resins? Those are two that have caught my eye at the moment. 

• Like 3

4k resin?? Is this like HD tvs.......:rock:

As far as Siraya, take a look at Amazon's reviews. They seem pretty positive about it.

Debating whether I wanna put in the LCD today or not. Probably be better if I do it tomorrow. Working on just a couple hours of sleep after I got home from work this morning.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, haldir said:

As far as Siraya, take a look at Amazon's reviews. They seem pretty positive about it.

Debating whether I wanna put in the LCD today or not. Probably be better if I do it tomorrow. Working on just a couple hours of sleep after I got home from work this morning.

I would replace it when you're well rested and sharp.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Illithar said:

Elegoo has also teased the announcement of the announcement for the Mars Pro 2 Monochrome. No details beyond that yet though.

On a slightly different topic, I am looking at switching up the resin I use. I am discovering some... properties of the water washable elegoo grey that are a bit troublesome. The WW stuff is much more brittle than other resins, it also has issues with very fine parts. Not just detailing either, but very light supports have problems as well, they will almost disintegrate as it is printing. So, to that end I am looking at some different resins.

Does anyone have any experience with Siraya's 'Fast' or 'Build' resins? Those are two that have caught my eye at the moment. 

I think that's the one I've heard good things about on some of the 3D printing FB groups, but that is prohibitively expensive to get in Canada.

I've been happy with the standard Elegoo resin so far.  The blue and grey have both worked well for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I would replace it when you're well rested and sharp.

Ah, but you see, I work better with just a little bit sleep vs 6 or 8 hrs. Just my nature with having a graveyard job & a family life.

One reason why I can DM on Mondays. So, at work I had this crazy idea of having "Backyard D&D" weekly games till it gets cold around here (October usually). I'd like to get my store involved so I may run it by them. Use the store/website for the sign-ups & such but of course the games will be in my backyard.....socially distance of course.

I need to go up there later, or tomorrow anyways, so I might as well see what they say.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, haldir said:

I suspect it's in reference to a 4k display resolution on the screen itself.

EDIT: Even if the 3,840 x 2,160 pixel arrangement companies claim as "4k" is NOT actual 4k resolution!

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3