Sign in to follow this  
Anne

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Some more accessories for my space monkeys.  

E8068E32-1BBD-4054-9F5B-F8B58D574E32.thumb.jpeg.5c036a4a1938df1ada490a2a5cbee0ee.jpeg

supposed to have the same Phoenix logo as I printed out last week but again, due to the clear resin, I can’t see anything...  time to clean them up and cure them and see how they actually look.  

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

50% off on LOOT STUDIOS in MMF only for 19/20 august!

Oh for... this is turning into Steam sale levels of shenanigans.

Except they happen every few weeks and I don't already own everything that's on sale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Illithar said:

Oh for... this is turning into Steam sale levels of shenanigans.

Except they happen every few weeks and I don't already own everything that's on sale.

They have a LOT of sales indeed.

So, never buy something for the whole price, it's bound to go on sale someday soon?

Or at least there is something equally interesting on sale...

• Like 3

Humble Bundle has a collection of fantasy STL files: scatter terrain, furnishings, and some minis as a bundle.

I'm trying to resist since I don't need more temptation to get a printer.  :rolleyes:

Ron

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

They have a LOT of sales indeed.

So, never buy something for the whole price, it's bound to go on sale someday soon?

Or at least there is something equally interesting on sale...

Or with a patreon discount code ::P:.

In other news it looks like my new bottle of resin will be here sooner than expected, hopefully this Friday. I think I will do a full refresh on my printer as well: re-level the build plate and swap out the FEP. I drained and cleaned my vat this last weekend and noticed there are a few dings in the FEP. I figure now would be a good time to just replace it.

• Like 3

Bulette is curing in the WnC. I would have Washed in there but I need to get some more Denatured Alcohol. I will admit, I wasn't sure about leaving the print in the printer for as long as I did but the piece came out like it just got done printing. Just was busy or the table was full of my daughter's cosplay stuff. I'm still going to change out the FEP thou, as I still wanna see if it's the FEP causing the problems vs the LCD.

(that reminds me, while I'm in town tomorrow, I'll pick up the correct 3 screws that I need to get. The ones I got last time to replace missing one were a tad bit too long.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vutpakdi said:

Humble Bundle has a collection of fantasy STL files: scatter terrain, furnishings, and some minis as a bundle.

I'm trying to resist since I don't need more temptation to get a printer.  :rolleyes:

Ron

Indeed, I made a thread about it in the KS section.

• Like 2

Ugh... well, I hope I don't have to do the FEP thing again any time soon. That was quite arduous, especially the big screws. Gotta put them in as symmetrically as possible, and it does get easier the more you have seated. And yes, I did take off both sides of the protective film ::P:.

Gave my screen a good scrub down with a bit of IPA as well. There was... something on it, I think a spec of resin got on the wrong side at one point. No scratches on the screen though, so that's good. Also cleaned out my ultrasonic, since I wont be putting any IPA/Denatured alcohol in that. I'll do the re-leveling of the build plate later.

• Like 3

I've just seen what Artisan Guild will do in September.

Kobolds. Usually not my thing, but these...these are so cool.

Looking forward to getting these and the loyalty award is a cool fallen angel.

image.png.43d30646f17aa140a45995f56d4e1a6f.png

image.png.38b7aab7745419dd4f2ee23de6b8ade8.pngimage.png.e0de771b57f4c12729383daaaff208e6.png

image.png.e83091127406668f3dc8f2f49499bb37.pngimage.png.66d9c9c65defb735e0541d7bfe9a307d.png

image.png.5a11acee4ed0798f971f9b61eb58e4aa.pngimage.png.5af0ccf668a848db040875c18021ca3a.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am really curious to see if the Fallen Angel will have an modular options, their previous one does.

I am really liking those Kobolds, the one with the shovel and the really dynamic one with the pick are my current favorites.

• Like 2

Ahhh, cool minis for such a mook enemy. :lol:

Fallen angel, I'm a bit torn over to be honest. I have so many fallen angel stls allready. Still free stl is a free stl (well relatively speaking of course).

Totally spaced off downloading around half of my Patreons this month, working on that as I type. Currently a throwback award is at 9.6.....& it's done!! 9.6 GB of stl. from Epics N Stuff....jeesh.

• Like 3