3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

2 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Just got a KS update. My Ender 6 shipped today!

I seen in a update, that someone has one & showed some pics of it printing the dog (btw, the dog file in the Ender 3 is very large, I will not be printing that when I get mine). Still nice to see they are starting to hit people's homes.

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Illithar said:

I am really curious to see if the Fallen Angel will have an modular options, their previous one does.

During the poll about that one they mentioned several head/weapon and wing options.

• Like 1

With a little paint on them, the shoulder pads look pretty good. A couple have some weird horizontal lines through them (one each) so I may need to re-lube my z axis.  

AA5E3457-6556-4E29-B239-4E34299C7626.thumb.jpeg.e235b4309b126ce1df489ad745324a92.jpeg

part of my future “Pink is the new Yellow” force.  This is a test model after the dark pink and white inks and some yellow. 

63C443BF-B94A-469A-8F74-2F1948708EE0.thumb.jpeg.2b4cc7790ce33a9af8cf354dc8f33c56.jpeg

he’s a dirty Dark Angel so will not be part of the reborn Primaris Fire Hawks. ::D:

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

There's also a 30% off on Dragon Trapper's Lodge, and they seem to have some neat minis.

Nice, I've been wanting that trio of the female hunter, her dire wolf mount & a alt pose for her, but really didn't want to pay the price for it.

• Like 2

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to try to "fix" my new Mars Pro the hard way if I want to use it, as the replacement parts won't be mailed out until at least the first week of September as per the email I got this morning from Elegoo. This is the replacement unit after my first unit arrived with a bad power supply, and as it was made post-pandemic, it has a pretty severe case of the bad LED array issue, Oo course. And I'm just outside of the return window. Of course. Did I mention the price has dropped twice since I got it? Of course. And now there's a new updated version coming out for what I paid for the (2) non-functional units. Of course.

Sigh.

I did get the free FEPs so I was fine with the first $20 drop, but the $30 drop the day my return window closed along with the detective hardware has definitely introduced a bit of buyers remorse. At least Elegoo is on top of it, doing a great job at trying to rectify the Mars Pro issues while launching 2 new units at the same time amidst a global pandemic. Just stinks to not be able to use something I bought, especially since I thought that hardware wise the resin machine was going to be a lot easier to get up and running ::P:

Oh well, more time to play with the Ender 3 Pro I got in the meantime - nothing like being able to print toys for kids who love watching it work. Keep showing off your prints guys - failures too. The encouragement and education from this thread was a major force in buying my first printer - someday I'll even get to use it!  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I feel bad (sorta). I signed up for Lord of the Print's August Patreon just now, downloading the files & afterwards going to cancel. I really like their Dragons Dueling & seeing the price in MMF, yah no brainer to get it now.

& of course use the discount code to get that Kraken mini, ha ha.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, haldir said:

I feel bad (sorta). I signed up for Lord of the Print's August Patreon just now, downloading the files & afterwards going to cancel. I really like their Dragons Dueling & seeing the price in MMF, yah no brainer to get it now.

I went in for Cometlord in august because I wanted the Lionman and the Insect Warriors, took the welcome pack as well and of course the huge Cyclops from august.

Cancelled because I just don't like the God Emperor and Warden thing for September.

No regrets.

He said he was thinking of sculpting something Aztec in the future.

If so, I'm back again.

Same for Lord of the Prints. I wanted the set from last month, didn't like the new one.

As of now Artisan Guild is the only one I stay with constantly.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I went in for Cometlord in august because I wanted the Lionman and the Insect Warriors, took the welcome pack as well and of course the huge Cyclops from august.

Cancelled because I just don't like the God Emperor and Warden thing for September.

No regrets.

He said he was thinking of sculpting something Aztec in the future.

If so, I'm back again.

Oh I agree. I think allot of these Patreons know that people will do that. They make a bit of cash upfront & then possibly more when people use the discount code. People see their products & maybe come back for more later.

I think I'm gonna trim my Patreons down by 3 this month. I love the style of them, but I don't like the direction they are going. Thou one is re-designing his overall way of his Patreon & he is giving current members discounted monthly fee. I may keep him till next month to see what comes out of it.

• Like 2
On 8/21/2020 at 3:42 PM, Glitterwolf said:

I've just seen what Artisan Guild will do in September.

Kobolds. Usually not my thing, but these...these are so cool.

Looking forward to getting these and the loyalty award is a cool fallen angel.

image.png.43d30646f17aa140a45995f56d4e1a6f.png

image.png.38b7aab7745419dd4f2ee23de6b8ade8.pngimage.png.e0de771b57f4c12729383daaaff208e6.png

image.png.e83091127406668f3dc8f2f49499bb37.pngimage.png.66d9c9c65defb735e0541d7bfe9a307d.png

image.png.5a11acee4ed0798f971f9b61eb58e4aa.pngimage.png.5af0ccf668a848db040875c18021ca3a.png

Kobolds led by a renegade drow, wearing the skull of their former chief, having cheated killed him in ritiual combat. :devil:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2