Sign in to follow this  
Anne

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

We went through another spool.

That makes three, just so far.

Need more black.

And ilithids do not love filament printers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Found set of printable bits to use a spool as sci-fi terrain.

Spool_2.thumb.jpg.c5d79b3a2ff751e4b3172f693e57943f.jpg

But it's actually pretty chunky so it used a bit of filament.

Spool_1.thumb.jpg.f4e9db5a6135c418d9fb2e5897303030.jpg

And so does the circle of life continue to turn....

Confirming that all filament colors are not used equally - so far, two black, two white, and well into the grey.

The other colors, not so much. (We will be using the red for a dragon, and I plan on using the green for the Nautilus - since it makes a good under color for brass, bronze, and copper.)

Blue might be used for the remorhaz we got from Epic. We need to replace the white.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2

Soon we will need to start printing Christmas presents I think - I just found Ars Moriendi via the Cast n Play Kickstarter, and was horrified by the prices... until I realized that it is 50DKK to the US Dollar....

Mythic_Mugs_Bundle_2.jpg

Around a buck a mug, plus there is a Hallowe'en discount.

Plus, one for Jon - and maybe something @ub3r_n3rd should look at -

01-Orc-Skull-Mug.jpg

Not incuding link - Commerce Rules.

PLA filament is food safe, but not dishwasher or microwave safe - so good for beer and soda pop, not for hot cocoa.

The matching lids are not included, but are free downloads.

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Soon we will need to start printing Christmas presents I think - I just found Ars Moriendi via the Cast n Play Kickstarter, and was horrified by the prices... until I realized that it is 50DKK to the US Dollar....

Eh, no. 

50DKK is US$7,97 today, according to an online calculator I found. 

• Like 1

The mugs are not meant to be drank out of directly.  They are sized to insert 12oz soda cans and there are adapters that allow different size cans to be used. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

I am now wishing we had gotten two CR-6 during the KS.

I print big things, Megan prints lots of smaller things, and the printer is runnining 20/7 on the average.

I get one day, mostly, then Megan gets two, mostly, but a few of my prints take more than a day.

The Auld Grump

Thin squidly tentacles.

Have you named one of them Squidward yet?

You need to get @PaganMegan the new High Definition, Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K, since she is printing small minis.  The details are unbelievable.  I can't wait until the one we have on order arrives. 

• Like 3

On 10/25/2020 at 1:02 PM, Glitterwolf said:

She's listed ad Little Red Riding Hood.

And while were on the subject, I'm also going to get this from 3D artguy.

image.thumb.png.8284bf77ccba7e50b681de3a5d8c9891.pngimage.thumb.png.64515cadc15e618a1108f089d105807f.png

Is her name Marja?

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, Gadgetman! said:

Eh, no. 

50DKK is US$7,97 today, according to an online calculator I found. 

Yeah, I think I did something weird while editing, not sure how. I was aiming for $6, and somehow got $50. Fumble fingers and loose math, not incredibly bad math.

It's about $0.16 to the 1DKK.

Sent the link to one of my other players (not in a current group) - his immediate thought was the same - presents for players. He was the first among us to get a 3D printer - an Ender 3, I think.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:54 PM, Clearman said:

The mugs are not meant to be drank out of directly.  They are sized to insert 12oz soda cans and there are adapters that allow different size cans to be used. 

Yeah - I looked and found that PLA is food safe - but apparently the ridges from 3D printing are a germ factory, and hard to clean. Either cans or an easily cleaned insert.

The Auld Grump - I am using the tablet again - Megan is doing homework and cussing at the computer.

• Like 1

There was a KS a while ago, 'Open Top' where they made a can opener for soda cans that cut away the entire top plate of the can...   

I believe they have their webshop up now...   

• Like 1

Wahoooo!! After some failed attempts with the whisps minis. I decided to try & print the chain devil for my game this Saturday. It actually came out great!! (At least for me anyways).

Love my wash n cure system!!

Currently printing up a mephit mini that I'll need for next Saturday (Nov 7th). Hopefully it comes out as I can always use the file for the other mephits when needed.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump - I am using the tablet again - Megan is doing homework and cussing at the computer.

That wasn't cussing, those were POWER WORDS!

Worked, too, I finally got Blender to do what I wanted it to do when joining two parts.

I may have left a snap to grid on, so the two parts kept not meeting where I wanted them to go together :blush:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/27/2020 at 2:38 AM, Corsair said:

Is her name Marja?

Well Marja knows how to tame a wolf, hope it never comes to the head chopping though. ::P:

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 1

Well mephit mini appeared to be ok. It finished while I was asleep. I took a peek before leaving for work tonight. 

I decided to also switch resins. I had been using abs like resin vs regular, both Elegoo brand. I bought the abs without looking at the title closely. I only had a little bit left in the bottle but figured eh, might as well give the regular a try. Heck it worked when I switched from trans green to grey! :lol:

Will print out a 2nd mephit when I get home.

• Like 1