Sign in to follow this  
Anne

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

12 hours ago, haldir said:

Well mephit mini appeared to be ok. It finished while I was asleep. I took a peek before leaving for work tonight. 

I decided to also switch resins. I had been using abs like resin vs regular, both Elegoo brand. I bought the abs without looking at the title closely. I only had a little bit left in the bottle but figured eh, might as well give the regular a try. Heck it worked when I switched from trans green to grey! :lol:

Will print out a 2nd mephit when I get home.

Strikethrough to say "whenever I felt like it...."

Mephit mini came out great!! Saves me some bucks buying either a prepainted one (spendy) or anther prepainted mephit & repainting (hassle) or getting just one Reaper mini (Blood imp pack of 3) in the mail. If I'm gonna order Reaper minis, it's gotta be more then 1 or 2!!

Just going to let it set for a bit before slapping some white primer on it (ice mephit)

2 in a row! I'm on a streak! :lol:

• Like 5

On 10/27/2020 at 7:00 PM, PaganMegan said:

That wasn't cussing, those were POWER WORDS!

Worked, too, I finally got Blender to do what I wanted it to do when joining two parts.

I may have left a snap to grid on, so the two parts kept not meeting where I wanted them to go together :blush:.

You know better than I do - I didn't even know Blender has a Snap to Grid function.

Sure enough, it does! ::o:

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My printer is pissing me off.  I got a hole in the FEP, so I changed it.  Now all of the prints are sticking hard to one corner of the FEP and are pulling off of the supports during printing.  I think i got the FEP too tight with not much pay for loosening it.  I hate changing the FEP!  I have one more left in stock, so I will have to change it out again tonight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Swap to using laminating pouches instead?  

There was a link to a YT video a while ago about how to use them. 

Have you cleaned the problematic corner of the FEP film?

• Like 3

I'm trying out the epax non-fep film, so far it hasn't gone well. stuff seems to be ripping off the supports worse than it was with the traditional fep.  

Then again, I was in the habit of using ptfe spray on my regular fep and I omitted it for this because I thought it might interfere with the oxygen permeability of the nfep

• Like 3

Christmas may come early this year.

I've been planning to upgrade my Epax to the new 2k mono screen.  This upgrade also requires a new main board and light array.  I've been holding off on the large purchase until my current screen failed, and I wasn't sure when the pocketbook would allow it or whether Epax would have even newer technology available.

Well, my current develop a gaping dead spot yesterday, and I think the stars are aligning so I can make this purchase tomorrow.

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 7

1.png?token-time=1605023079&token-hash=e.

This little gem is a freebie on drivethrurpg right now. Just look for 3D printable Pumpkin Monster from Black Scroll Games.

1.jpg?token-time=1605023079&token-hash=h

Print it's eye in white or clear filament/resin for a glow effect with a LED

1.jpg?token-time=1605023079&token-hash=-

File comes in 3 versions.

• Like 5

I thought I had enough giant owl prepainted minis (the celestial owl) but some reason, I've misplaced 2 of the 4 I have so I found a simple but effective miniature for it. Printed it this afternoon & came out great! I'm in the process of printing anther one. There is a flying base included but I didn't feel like printing it for 4 hrs. I'll just use Reaper's flight base for them.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 12:09 AM, haldir said:

I thought I had enough giant owl prepainted minis (the celestial owl) but some reason, I've misplaced 2 of the 4 I have so I found a simple but effective miniature for it. Printed it this afternoon & came out great! I'm in the process of printing anther one. There is a flying base included but I didn't feel like printing it for 4 hrs. I'll just use Reaper's flight base for them.

Celestial owl?

Who makes it?

I have a mighty need!

On 10/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, haldir said:

1.png?token-time=1605023079&token-hash=e.

This little gem is a freebie on drivethrurpg right now. Just look for 3D printable Pumpkin Monster from Black Scroll Games.

1.jpg?token-time=1605023079&token-hash=h

Print it's eye in white or clear filament/resin for a glow effect with a LED

1.jpg?token-time=1605023079&token-hash=-

File comes in 3 versions.

Audry 2 and the Great Pumpkin had a kid?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:
On 10/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, haldir said:

Celestial owl?

Who makes it?

I have a mighty need!

Prepainted Celestial Owl?

That's from WotC's DDM.  It was #2 in the Unhallowed set.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Prepainted Celestial Owl?

That's from WotC's DDM.  It was #2 in the Unhallowed set.

Yah & it's very spendy for what it is on aftermarkets.

The file I printed out was from here: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/giant-owl

The design was simple but it works. If your looking for a more detailed one, search for user name: Velrock on mmf.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or do 3-D printer owners... evangelize? 

Sam's parents are now getting a 3D printer, or maybe two....  Because we have been talking to Sam, and Sam has been talking to Jamie and Andrew.... (Sam is missing her own after school game -  she had been running it for two years, starting when she was nine.)

The Auld Grump - I sent them to Cast n Play, solid, chunky 3-D models....

• Like 3