Sign in to follow this  
Anne

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Is it just me, or do 3-D printer owners... evangelize? 

The Auld Grump - I sent them to Cast n Play, solid, chunky 3-D models....

No, no, we don't...

But while we here do you have some time to talk about our Lord and Saviour, the Resin Printer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Except that for it to be a pyramid scheme, we would have to get some sort of kickback from the printer sellers.

I know they haven't paid me, yet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Elegoo Mars.

Does anyone tinker with the "Light -off Delay" and the "Bottom Light-Off Delay" ????

I always kept them at 0.

Any recommendations?

image.png.8f69177c955c9ddefec741a7cae13406.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Except that for it to be a pyramid scheme, we would have to get some sort of kickback from the printer sellers.

I know they haven't paid me, yet...

They actually do.  I have received, to date, 4 bottles of resin from AnyCubic, simply for making positive Amazon reviews of their products (3 of the 4 were unsolicited and the 4th I was planning on doing anyway once I got time to understand the product better).

• Like 6

13 hours ago, TripleH said:

875906123_MicrosoftTeams-image(2).thumb.png.adaad8174370169aa6ea9e1189d6bd3c.png

We keep the Creality in our bedroom.... :wow:

The Auld Grump - it really pretty quiet - less loud than the fan in our window, come summer - and when we do hear it, it is generally at the end of its run. ::):

• Like 4

Well, not only do we have a whole lot of not-mind-flayers, we also have two or three neothelids.... (Two definite - the other is a critter that I have been thinking of as a purple worm with a complex set of mandibles.)

I think Megan should have plenty of ilithids, neo and otherwise.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For those having difficulty finding high concentration IPA - I am hearing good things about denatured alcohol, which is in nowhere near as short a supply.

It is sold as fuel in hardware stores.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

Those with resin printers, how many prints in a row do you usually go before needing to clean the vat? Just curious.

I top off the resin level after each print and only clean the vat if a print fails.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Clearman said:
41 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

Those with resin printers, how many prints in a row do you usually go before needing to clean the vat? Just curious.

I top off the resin level after each print and only clean the vat if a print fails.

Same.  And even then, for most failures, 'cleaning' the vat means pouring all the resin out through a paint strainer into an empty bottle, squeegee-ing it with a petg scraper, a quick wipe with a dry kitchen towel (which then goes into the cure box for a bit before disposal) before reinstalling and refilling with the filtered resin.  
I only actually CLEAN clean the vat when changing resins.  For that the vat itself gets into the rinse tank and completely washed, kitchen towel dried, then allowed to air dry for a bit before going back in.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

32 minutes ago, Clearman said:

THIS!

• Like 2

So looking at a upcoming adventure for my Sat. group, the villain is a green hag. I thought I'd print off this one as my green hag minis are good minis but some reason they don't fit this scenario. Looking at mmf, I come across 2 that will fit. One is from Duncan Shadow & the other is (name escapes me, it's on the computer downstairs....) but I like both. The Shadow one is more of a grisly scary hag & the other is a more traditional style with a skull staff. I figure I can work the staff even into her disguise as she is suppose to be a "young girl" in disguise when they meet her. I figure make it a beat up teddy bear. The scary one would work as well. Now I have to decide which one I like best.

At least satyr will be easy as I've only got 1 (Reaper's metal) & I need 5 or 6 of them. I was going to get a prepainted one, but it's a wimpy uninspiring mini but I recall Cast n Play's "Greek" Patreon month. Hey I'll actually print something from a Patreon purchase!! :lol:

• Like 4