Sign in to follow this  
Anne

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

7 hours ago, haldir said:

So looking at a upcoming adventure for my Sat. group, the villain is a green hag. I thought I'd print off this one as my green hag minis are good minis but some reason they don't fit this scenario. Looking at mmf, I come across 2 that will fit. One is from Duncan Shadow & the other is (name escapes me, it's on the computer downstairs....) but I like both. The Shadow one is more of a grisly scary hag & the other is a more traditional style with a skull staff. I figure I can work the staff even into her disguise as she is suppose to be a "young girl" in disguise when they meet her. I figure make it a beat up teddy bear. The scary one would work as well. Now I have to decide which one I like best.

At least satyr will be easy as I've only got 1 (Reaper's metal) & I need 5 or 6 of them. I was going to get a prepainted one, but it's a wimpy uninspiring mini but I recall Cast n Play's "Greek" Patreon month. Hey I'll actually print something from a Patreon purchase!! :lol:

Have you seen these?

Om MMF from Heroes Infinite( Raging Heroes)

image.png.3c03d0142f09419f2dc62877d64dc4e4.pngimage.png.343b95db33087733e307bb4a19ff6243.png

Or the female ones from Artisan Guild?

image.png.c8cb40980503dc218fcf946defec2bb5.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Have you seen these?

Om MMF from Heroes Infinite( Raging Heroes)

image.png.3c03d0142f09419f2dc62877d64dc4e4.pngimage.png.343b95db33087733e307bb4a19ff6243.png

Or the female ones from Artisan Guild?

image.png.c8cb40980503dc218fcf946defec2bb5.png

I did.

I almost went with those, until the Cast N Play came up in the same search (Boadkins or something like that is what they are called in their line up). To be honest, female satyrs just feel wrong to me, but then again that is coming from a traditional Greek mythos view of things.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, haldir said:

I did.

I almost went with those, until the Cast N Play came up in the same search (Boadkins or something like that is what they are called in their line up). To be honest, female satyrs just feel wrong to me, but then again that is coming from a traditional Greek mythos view of things.

I can make things MORE confused!

The Greeks had satyrs, and there were no female satyrs.

The Gaels had glastygs, just like satyrs, but there were no MALE glastygs!

I only know about this because I have a Grump, and grumps know these things. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So I had a failure with the previous giant owl mini I was printing. I'm not sure if the mini came off the supports or what, but I had a giant owl imprint on the FEP....<_<.

Anyways, so I actually purchased a giant owl stl off mmf this morning. It's made by Velrock & it's pretty good looking. At more detailed then the free one I found. The free one is nice, but I like a little bit more detail.

The Velrock giant owl:

720X720-owlfront.jpg

720X720-owlback.jpg

Now I didn't print the base/post as I'm just attach a Reaper flight post/base to it.

I looked over to my printer & I see the progress bar was around 80 to 85% done but I couldn't really see the print. I decided to check through the window with my phone light. Popping out of the resin was a owl face!! Looking good!

I think I'll print off the orc demon next. I won't need him for at least 3 weeks but still always nice to see if anything goes wrong or not.

• Like 5

Birdie came out great. It might be one of my best prints yet. 

This was from earlier. It's washed & cured now. 

Probably do anther one tomorrow when I get home from work. 

20201107_173326.jpg

20201107_173317.jpg

• Like 7

2nd owl had a slight mishap on it's left wing. I noticed the support failed a bit, so it doesn't have a full tip but it's not a disaster & will work for a game mini. I got some Gorilla mounting putty this afternoon while we got our weekly groceries trip & glued up the Reaper flight bases. They all look great!!

• Like 2

So... The Phrozen Sonic Mighty is a thing that might be happening with my Christmas bonus ...

Anything else have any thoughts on it? Larger plate though slightly less height than the mono x and Saturn, they're boasting a whopping 80mm/hour print speed

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 4

Now that I KNOW we are getting a resin printer, I have pretty much stopped trying to do miniatures on the CR 6.

We are going to have a LOT of terrain though. ::):

I went to Thingiverse and looked for Mordheim, which led to Ulvheim, which led to a LOT of free terrain and buildings.

Now my prints are taking almost as long as Grump's. ::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Today work announced that they will be giving out a $300 thank you for not dying from covid* bonus.  It makes the Pit Fighter 4K printer bundle quite tempting.

*Not exactly how they phrased it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Auberon said:

Today work announced that they will be giving out a $300 thank you for not dying from covid* bonus.  It makes the Pit Fighter 4K printer bundle quite tempting.

*Not exactly how they phrased it.

Yah our COVID raise which was taken away in May or so goes to arbitration either this month or Dec. This is in due to our union, as it shouldn't have been taken away in the first place. We shall see what becomes of it.

• Like 7

In all honesty, it looks like a radio shack barfed on my desk! :blink:. Screws and fans and little electronic  bits all over the place.  And tomorrow I am going to have to organize everything to make sure I remember how to put it back together!

• Like 7