3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

A Sparx creation?

Those are 300mm, not 30mm. Yeah, seen them and liked them, and are following the creator.

Missed that.

Resizing that much, probably lose most of the detail.

Still might be worth the work reworking them.

I didn't look at the creator, just at his or her dancers.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:05 AM, PaganMegan said:

Artisan sent us a cyborg Keanu Reeves. ^_^

Cast n Play,  not Artisan.

Not the usual style for either, but nice.

If Grump ever runs that space salvage game, he'd be a good fit, maybe?

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far into the future, when our civilisation has ended and exists only as mere whispers of myths, Archaeologists will enter a forbitting cave and gingerly make their way into its depths.    There t

Always go with the Corgi!   Also I printed a thing! (6 sided die for scale )  

This may have been the reason I kickstarted New Worlds  

Posted Images

That feeling when you FINALLY finish printing your batinov mask after 3 kinks in the roll of black made it fail and you gave up and finished it in orange, and now it's likely going to be too cloudy to use for at least a week.....

This one is about 5.25" in diameter to fit the front of the 76mm scope I've been using to get back into stargazing.  

IMG_20201230_102938243.thumb.jpg.86eff2f956c5cfb15a713fae1c8694ee.jpg

To explain - A Bahtinov mask is a focusing aid for telescopes.  The general concept is, you put it on the front of your scope, and it causes an interference pattern to appear in the eyepiece.  That interference pattern looks like 6 lines coming off the stars that, when your focus isn't perfect, don't meet exactly in the middle.  Adjusting your focus causes them to slide together to meet up.  This is particularly helpful when trying to focus your telescope while using a camera that has a digital viewfinder making it hard to tell exactly when the stars are their smallest points of light.

examples can be found on the wikipedia

• Like 7
On 12/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, PaganMegan said:

Meandered into Cults, looking for elven dancers, for... reasons.

Found elven ballet dancers. Perfect!

Including TOPLESS elven ballet dancers.

Wow, for what I what I want them for, reasons, like I said, those are MORE perfect!

Same sets, the sculptor, very nicely, included options for both.

You have been watching noir films, haven't you?

I think I know the exact sequence you are looking for.

The Auld Grump

• Haha 4
19 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

You have been watching noir films, haven't you?

I think I know the exact sequence you are looking for.

The Auld Grump

DiMDP?

If you don't get it, I'll be happy.

If you do, you'll be playing an NPC for that portion.

Actually, that works if you play that warforged, since warfored mumble, mumble, mumble! ::P:

• Like 3
On 12/29/2020 at 9:48 AM, Zink said:

I've had my printer for about a month and this was the closest thing to a major problem I had. Other than that I had to adjust the eccentric wheels on the bed and nozzle a bit because they had a wobble. I'm very happy with it and feel a bit guilty when I'm not making it work all the time. 

@Zink the fix worked perfect and I didn’t hot glue my fingers to the circuit board. Printed the entire arena from the Pit Fighter KS without a problem and it looks good. 

Switching to the Anycubic Photon to print the minis and accessories from the same Kickstarter. 

Dumb question as I have not printed many flat tokens. What is the preference, print them flat or angled with supports? They are about 30 mm diameter and maybe 5 mm high. 

• Like 4

Looks like I'm back to two functional printers for the new year.  Ender 3 is cranking out a few bases as a test before I move it back to it's home. And the Mars has part of a TIE Interceptor hanging, waiting for the Ender to get moved so I can actually get to it....

Now to put away all the mess I made while working on the Ender, so I can paint....

• Like 6
18 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Dumb question as I have not printed many flat tokens. What is the preference, print them flat or angled with supports? They are about 30 mm diameter and maybe 5 mm high. 

You wanna treat them like bases or like regular minis. If you print them flat, you'll get something called "elephant's foot". Just set them at a slight angle & do your supports. I tried printing some "inspiration tokens for my weekly AL games even with just moving them up a few mms & supporting them that way, I was cleaning out the fep afterwards.......:angry:

• Like 4
19 hours ago, KruleBear said:

I found printing flat tokens that raising them a few (3-5) mm from the print bed and supporting heavily (with light supports right around the edge, so close that they're almost touching - look up 'fin supports' to get an idea) got the best results

• Like 4
On 12/30/2020 at 6:50 AM, Gadgetman! said:

A Sparx creation?

Those are 300mm, not 30mm. Yeah, seen them and liked them, and are following the creator.

I'd never even thought about casting bronzes using a 3-D printer, this opens up a LOT of stuff!

I like that a lot more than jewelry making!

• Like 4

So looking at various LCD screen change-out vids on the 'tube. I've got a couple questions:

The double stick tape that hold the cable to the board. What kind of tape is that? Regular double stick? I use that holding minis to paint cans for spray painting. Same stuff or non-foam backed.

The tape I've seen that pads/hold the screen down. What kind of tape is this?

My last print was anther LCD screen failure print, so I'm thinking it's time I change out my lcd. I just wanna be sure I do it right.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

I found printing flat tokens that raising them a few (3-5) mm from the print bed and supporting heavily (with light supports right around the edge, so close that they're almost touching - look up 'fin supports' to get an idea) got the best results

2 hours ago, haldir said:

You wanna treat them like bases or like regular minis. If you print them flat, you'll get something called "elephant's foot". Just set them at a slight angle & do your supports. I tried printing some "inspiration tokens for my weekly AL games even with just moving them up a few mms & supporting them that way, I was cleaning out the fep afterwards.......:angry:

Thanks. Much appreciated....of course I started changing my FEP and then went out to get the replacements....oops. :down: I either forgot to order them or lost them. Well at least the areas where I would have squirreled them away finally got cleaned. :wacko:

• Sad 3
4 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

What does everyone think of Creality LD-002H?  or should I look at the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K (or even just the straight mini?).  I see the elegoo mars and mars 2 pro also, but those are priced way high right now.

I would say go with the Mini 4k.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

What does everyone think of Creality LD-002H?  or should I look at the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K (or even just the straight mini?).  I see the elegoo mars and mars 2 pro also, but those are priced way high right now.

If you have the budget, any of the new 4K printers look good.

If you just want to make "normal" really nice prints on a budget, I keep seeing ads on facebook that anycubic has the Photon and Photon S on sale.

Personally, I'm happy with my Mars, but when I get another printer it will be a larger format 4K.  Unless something better comes along in the meantime....

• Like 2