Jump to content

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)


Recommended Posts

Thinking about this guy -

image.png.bdf0a117dffef9a9eae3a0c168d87dd1.png

 

A sloppy, drunk, overly friendly ogre.

 

Fits well for the cops game - best for an early adventure, when the heroes need to talk a potential situation down - deescalating a possible conflict.

 

*EDIT* I always enjoy the orc-dwarf football game encounter - PCs go in expecting to put down a riot, only to find a friendly(?) football game, instead. (And that both sides have both orcs and dwarfs - Cheese Packers vs Steel Workers, not orcs vs. dwarfs.)

 

The Auld Grump

 

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far into the future, when our civilisation has ended and exists only as mere whispers of myths, Archaeologists will enter a forbitting cave and gingerly make their way into its depths.    There t

Always go with the Corgi!   Also I printed a thing! (6 sided die for scale )  

So, I was on the line with an EPAX rep the other day trying to determine if the X1-k would meet the print quality needs we are looking for to produce master copies (close but probably not quite).  Any

Posted Images

I was printing an Artisan Guild wood elf sorcerer:

720X720-kivael.jpg

And something failed.

 

The mini skewed to the left, everything twisting and stretching.

 

I ALMOST threw it away, when I realized it will make an AWESOME ghost!

 

Easy peasy to paint, too.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

 

The mini skewed to the left, everything twisting and stretching.

 

I ALMOST threw it away, when I realized it will make an AWESOME ghost!

Sounds interesting... I feel a mighty need for pictures of that..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Sounds interesting... I feel a mighty need for pictures of that..

I'll try to remember, it looks cool.

 

Another  is printing right now, so we will see if the same problem happens. The suports were all warped on the first one, but I am clueless about WHY.

 

And I am printing the elven ballet queen at the same time.

 

The warped mini will be the ghost of the Prince Consort who was sacrificed in the curse that caused the drow.

 

Then some things from the Heroes Infinite drow set.

 

Doing a soft reboot on the Norse game, since there was so much I didn't get to do.

 

The  main PCs are going to be gone for about  year, so I am having the players create a party for that year.

 

Dealing with the elves is first on the list. Drow and woodsy elves, with spiders EVERYWHERE! ::D:

 

The wood elves worship another aspect of the spider goddess, who was split by that same curse that created the drow.

 

I MAY  have been a bit too ambitious when I created this mess, too much stuff, too little time. ::P: I have about a dozen small dungeons the players never got to see.

 

Grump was the one who pointed out a way for me to have my cake and eat it too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I'll try to remember, it looks cool.

 

Another  is printing right now, so we will see if the same problem happens. The suports were all warped on the first one, but I am clueless about WHY.

 

 

Question, are you using presupported files?

 

If it keeps happening, try to remove the supports/use the unsupported version and place supports yourself.

I no longer use presupported files, most of the times they won't work.

You can use them as a starting point, but check for islands and check for thickness.

I've seen too many thin supports where they should have been a bit thicker, lighter supports where they should have used medium or even heavy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Question, are you using presupported files?

 

If it keeps happening, try to remove the supports/use the unsupported version and place supports yourself.

I no longer use presupported files, most of the times they won't work.

You can use them as a starting point, but check for islands and check for thickness.

I've seen too many thin supports where they should have been a bit thicker, lighter supports where they should have used medium or even heavy.

Presupported.

 

But the next one came out fine, using the same resin.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am finding that companies that use Atlas to provide their supports work pretty well. Also, the Atlas Discord is a really helpful place.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone interested, 2ND Dynasty got the license for Traveller and is releasing 28mm scale versions of the classic scout ship and the Far trader Beowulfe.  I am looking forward to their takes on some pretty iconic ships!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp. Screen on my Mars Pro is starting to fail, I'm getting partially cured deposits at the bottom of the tank after my prints. Fortunately, I already have a spare, get to mess with installing that this weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Illithar said:

Welp. Screen on my Mars Pro is starting to fail, I'm getting partially cured deposits at the bottom of the tank after my prints. Fortunately, I already have a spare, get to mess with installing that this weekend.

 

Let us know how that works out.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Illithar said:

Welp. Screen on my Mars Pro is starting to fail, I'm getting partially cured deposits at the bottom of the tank after my prints. Fortunately, I already have a spare, get to mess with installing that this weekend.

 

Good luck!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Let us know how that works out.

 

 

Surprisingly less painful than I thought it would be. Removing the old screen and cleaning up the old adhesive was a pain, but I got the new one all installed. I have the berserker bunny from Archvillain all printed, I'll post some pictures a bit later.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...