3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good thing about 8k rez is that it would allow a much larger build area at the same rez as now. I'm really pretty happy with my humble Mars Pro 2k rez, but having four times the build area at that resolution would be pretty nice. Usalottaresin though.

One good thing about being somewhat skint is that by the time I can afford to upgrade to new tech, the new tech will be much, much cheaper :)

Edited by MojoBob
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, MojoBob said:

The good thing about 8k rez is that it would allow a much larger build area at the same rez as now. I'm really pretty happy with my humble Mars Pro 2k rez, but having four times the build area at that resolution would be pretty nice. Usalottaresin though.

One good thing about being somewhat skint is that by the time I can afford to upgrade to new tech, the new tech will be much, much cheaper :)

I'm going to wear out my Elegoo Mars, still have two spare LCD's etc..

So yeah, by the time I have to upgrade, it will be cheaper.

It would be nice to have a larger buildplate with good quality prints.

I always try to fill the buildplate since it costs screentime and I rather print 6 hours for a full plate than for a single model.

• Like 1

I totally knew about 8k printers on the horizon but I still went ahead & picked up the Phrozen Mini 4k. I'm glad I did.

Prob will skip the 8k or even bigger plate printers unless one happens to fall into my lap & I highly doubt that will ever happen. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, haldir said:

Mini Mer-cats aka "Purrmaids"?

(not my prints, just something I came across on MMF)

720X720-purrmaids-all.jpg

Well... I think I know a certain niece who needs these....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Cygnwulf said:

Well... I think I know a certain niece who needs these....

The designer (TheKawna aka Alison Taylor) has a bunch of cat-related figures. I just picked up a couple of her cat adventures that may be my new character for my Weds night AL game. (bard & cleric). 

• Like 1

Grump printed up a bunch of Not-Brettonians, in lightish armor, with horses covered in gear.

They look like professional soldiers, riding from one job to the next.

Or GREAT minis for PCs.

I know he was thinking about another Beyond the Borderlands campaign, or something like it.

So am I.

We've been handing Frog God Games's Borderlands Provinces back and forth for MONTHS.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump printed up a bunch of Not-Brettonians, in lightish armor, with horses covered in gear.

They look like professional soldiers, riding from one job to the next.

Or GREAT minis for PCs.

I know he was thinking about another Beyond the Borderlands campaign, or something like it.

So am I.

We've been handing Frog God Games's Borderlands Provinces back and forth for MONTHS.

image.png.0cf927a4e5028b1a4a513198b391ec1e.png

image.png.facfbfeb767012b236fc8c6fa6bb01ad.png

From the Kingdom of Mercia KS.

Actually, I just printed them because they look cool....

There's also some foot versions.

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

Day after tomorrow, preorders open for the Sonic Mega 8K....

https://youtu.be/RTRyLaB7bxw

50 for $1000, 100 for $1100,  150 for $1200, 200 for $1300, 250 for $1400. Each a month later on delivery.

List price, just a bit under $1900.

A 15" screen.

We might be able to squeeze the $1000 version, but with only fifty - it ain't gonna happen.

Time to start saving....

The Auld Grump... or crying....

• Like 1

Yah I'm happy with my 4k when it wants to print. I tried to print a cat bard & I didn't have anything on the plate. So hopefully I can figure out why & get a mini on there for tonight's game. If not generic token (ughhh).

I currently have no need for 15", but I'm sure it will be great for the people that do. The metal exterior looks nice, but the build plate is interesting.  It looks like instead of sloping it so resin wouldn't pool they just built it flat and put drain holes in it?

Now an intermediate size 8K screen could tempt me.

• Like 2