3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

22 hours ago, Corsair said:

I've gotten two of their previous KS and will definitely be on this one. That Scout with the wingtips looks great. With any luck you might see it at ReaperCon.

Yah I picked up the "Falcon" esque one back when they were on sale during the holidays. Neat stuff, just nope, nada, no way on MMF (as a crowdfunding site) for me right now.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So browsing through the new files I got & the undead T-Rex by Duncan Shadow is broken up into 10 pcs. 8 if you don't count the internal pegs as x3. Funny thou it's tongue is seperate from it's head. Odd that it's broken right where it leaves the teeth behind.

I'm debating on using resin & a UV light to assemble this one.

Gonna be a fun one to print out.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, haldir said:

So browsing through the new files I got & the undead T-Rex by Duncan Shadow is broken up into 10 pcs. 8 if you don't count the internal pegs as x3. Funny thou it's tongue is seperate from it's head. Odd that it's broken right where it leaves the teeth behind.

I'm debating on using resin & a UV light to assemble this one.

Gonna be a fun one to print out.

You might want to ask if these files can also be sent as one file or with smaller breaks as the printers get bigger and bigger. Not sure how open the creators would be to this though as that would possibly require more supports.

• Like 1
On 6/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, haldir said:

Traveller comes to crowdfunding..........Myminifactory crowdfunding......<_<.

Good designer behind it thou 2nd Dynasty 3d, so they know what they are doing when it comes to modular spaceships, just MMF. I have bad feeling that this might be the norm for stl crowdfunding anymore.

Crowdfunding and in house distribution, so yeah. ::(:

It's too bad that their platform kind of sucks broccoli.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

You might want to ask if these files can also be sent as one file or with smaller breaks as the printers get bigger and bigger. Not sure how open the creators would be to this though as that would possibly require more supports.

There is a one piece file as well. ^_^

I don't mind the multiple pieces. This way if something doesn't print you're only tossing a part of the mini vs the entire thing (being a huge mini).

• Like 2
On 6/25/2021 at 9:00 PM, Corsair said:

I've gotten two of their previous KS and will definitely be on this one. That Scout with the wingtips looks great. With any luck you might see it at ReaperCon.

I was picturing a ranger with fancy shoes. <_<

22 hours ago, TripleH said:

Me trying to perform maintenance on my printers.

image.png.10e8cbcf3b348ef73ac5ff14884ab833.png

That's the problem - you forgot to tighten the Whoseawhatsit back down, after you were done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Saturn is back on Amazon - $500, with free shipping (I think for everyone - hard to tell, we already have Prime).

The Auld Grump

That's awesome. I got mine back on june 7th, still need garage cleaned to set mine up (I'll have a small, medium and large setup once I am ready, as I have a mars, mars 2 pro and now a saturn. Oh and two neptune 2's in the house)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

That's awesome. I got mine back on june 7th, still need garage cleaned to set mine up (I'll have a small, medium and large setup once I am ready, as I have a mars, mars 2 pro and now a saturn. Oh and two neptune 2's in the house)

They breed on you. ::):

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That feeling of finding a a Skittermander-ish stl after thinking it's been discontinued due to possible copyright infringement!!!!

While I doubt Paizo would go after fan made free stls of their character concepts, you never know (especially when the stl is better then anything they've made as a miniature so far!!! :lol:)

Totally forgot I need the Skittermander PC minis & I knew there were stls of some on the net, but nothing was coming up using google & yeggi. Either then link would flame out or whatnot. I was starting to figure it was taken down. Eventually found em as they are using different file names then what you see on yeggi.

• Like 3