3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Kinda confused here.

I joined Claycyanide for July, Paid for July, It shows in my membership, July.

July release will be somewhat next week.

And today I got a redeem message on MMF and received all files for June??

Anyone else has had that happen before?

Are they giving away a free month or something?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Kinda confused here.

I joined Claycyanide for July, Paid for July, It shows in my membership, July.

July release will be somewhat next week.

And today I got a redeem message on MMF and received all files for June??

Anyone else has had that happen before?

Are they giving away a free month or something?

I actually got one maybe two? collections on MMF I thought I sure didn't get, but maybe hehe. Since they keep up the previous month till like the 7th? (maybe 5th), maybe you got flagged and were given the june collection because it was still available in patreon? I still got the RPG sounds from cast n play even though I cancelled two months ago. Computers are weird sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Clearman said:

Who here has a large bed resin printer, like a Saturn or larger.

Have you printed any large terrain or buildings?  If so, how'd it go?

Hopefully in a week or two I'll have my saturn set up. I'll let you know how it goes if I can get some terrain pieces set up.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Hopefully in a week or two I'll have my saturn set up. I'll let you know how it goes if I can get some terrain pieces set up.

Cool.

I've historically use my FDM printer to terrain/buildings, but that printer just isn't doing for me anymore.  It still works fine for what it is, but it is approaching 4 years old and I'm just not into FDM prints any more.  That said, I'm trying to justify a larger resin printer, but other than buildings, my need for a larger bed is pretty small.  

• Like 2

So I printed out a large size canopy bed, it came out for the most part but some parts had a very gooey, almost like it hadn't hardened up yet feel to it, Mainly under the top of the canopy (so directly above the bed itself) & then under the bed itself. I printed it upside down due to the end of the canopy. Anyone know why it came out this way? Normally my pieces come out dry & after a bath in the Wash N Cure, it's even drier then it was. There was nothing in the vat & all the supports were there.

I ended up just tossing the piece as I was clearing off the supports & doing general clean up, I noticed I could take my plastic razor blade & I could scrape off the goo like it was layers. I really couldn't reach the underside of the canopy, so in the end it went into the trash, as I didn't want to deal with it.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

is it possible t he cure light just wasn't getting to those areas well?

The post cure, I mean

I can see that with the underside of the canopy but under the bed itself?? Also I hadn't cured it yet I was just removing supports & overall cleanup after a bath in the Wash n Cure. Normally, parts come out of the M4k relatively dry & then washing in the Photon WnC really cleans up the parts. It's been said before that WnC are a indulgence of the hobby, but they make post clean up sooooo much easier.

I was just surprised how gooey those areas were. Luckily where this & an equally sized bookcases are at more or less a rpg encounter (unless the players decide to throwdown). Either way it wasn't needed.

Has anyone ever had a group of files vanish from Chitubox 1.8? 

I had several models loaded and was supporting one of them.  When I switched back to the main screen I noticed I could only see one figure.  Everything was still in the file list on the right, but when I would select one of the missing models I just got a message saying "please select model first." I saved, reloaded, and there was now only 1 model.  The invisible figures had been removed from the file list.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Anyone see the video for the Traveller Scout Ship print?

480 hours, FDM. ::o: 480!

Yeah, I don't know if that one will get built or not!

5 hours ago, alchemist said:

Is there a low berth available while you wait for it to print?

Not on a Scout. ::P:

Picturing a Free Trader in the same scale. ::o:

Thing of it is we'd WANT a Free Trader.

Which would be, what, 1000 hours? :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2