3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Not on a Scout. ::P:

Picturing a Free Trader in the same scale. ::o:

Thing of it is we'd WANT a Free Trader.

Which would be, what, 1000 hours? :unsure:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna print up the Beta instead.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/16/2021 at 10:01 AM, PaganMegan said:

They ARE working on a Free Trader.

Grump wants the Chimera, which has the KS only parts for this campaign.

That DOESN'T look like a Traveller ship.

The first KSs from 2nd Dynasty were their own designs, not the licensed Traveler stuff.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Corsair said:

The first KSs from 2nd Dynasty were their own designs, not the licensed Traveler stuff.

More it's a.clue that the Salvage game won't be Traveller.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Modular Cutter as a PC ship.

• Like 2

Hoping a print comes out. One of the pregens for RCon is a kobold artificer with the artillerist archetype (so he has a small cannon). I found one on MMF from Goonmaster but print as is, it's a large piece. As I have problems with scaling stuff, I'm just hoping I get it right. At least I won't have to wait long, Chitu says total time will be 46 mins. So if not I guess I'm really only out of the resin I use (2 cents worth, ha ha).

fingers crossed!!  

• Like 2

So I was cleaning up the garage for the game this morning & I came upon a beverage flat (the cardboard tray that holds soda 6 packs, like 4 of them)  that was holding a bunch of mini stuff for RCon & it was tipped over. I recall placing one over my trash can in there, somehow it got tipped. Who knows, I have no idea. How, I have no idea. Anyways, most of the stuff in there was good to go as it was either solid resin printing (a Dragonlock tile) or Bones or other but there was some printed stuff inside. Sadly, 3 of the 4 Skittermanders I had printed out & base sprayed a couple months ago were broken from the impact on the concrete floor...::(:

Two figures had broken off at the ankles & one was broken at the blade of a "doshko aka spear like head" weapon. Oddly I was upset but not upset that it set me off. I guess I was more worried about the Dragonlock tile then the minis. The tile being bigger & thicker then minis, I really didn't want to re-print that. I printed the doshko skitter during the game & I'm workin the 1st of the broken ankle ones. I guess I'm more upset that I've got to do the whole, printing thing, then prime then base spray thing again. I will be doing that as soon as I can.

It could have been worse!!

• Like 2

Weird. We get our Bones Pirate ship the same month that at least four STL Patreons released Pirates.

Crippled God - Nurgle infested pirates?

Vae Victis - fat female pirate! WANT!

3D Art Digital - and mermaids, last month!

Great Grimoire and a bonus older pirate set.

• Like 5
On 8/1/2021 at 12:18 AM, PaganMegan said:

Weird. We get our Bones Pirate ship the same month that at least four STL Patreons released Pirates.

Crippled God - Nurgle infested pirates?

Vae Victis - fat female pirate! WANT!

3D Art Digital - and mermaids, last month!

Great Grimoire and a bonus older pirate set.

3D Art Digital has weresharks for this month - both male and female.

Along with... a dire parrot?

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

I picked up some Bound Pirate Prisoners, without looking first. :unsure:

Grump has gibbets. Grump has pirates. Grump has a BDay coming up. Score!

Those weren't bound pirates as prisoners. It was naked lady prisoners.

I should have looked. These are just embarrasing. I mean not even good looking minis.

But I really do want chained pirates as prisoners, something I can use for both Grump presents and for Ghosts of Saltmarsh.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 4

There was a new version of the slicer I use( Formware 1.0.3.7 ) for download, so I decided to do a bit of a comparison. 

I fired up the old one ( v1.0.3.6 ) and loaded 'Gryphinia_SKIMPY_Pinup (repaired).stl from Artisan Guild. 

That's the unsupported version. I did nothing to it, just started the slicing operation. The 1025 layers(50micron) job took about 4 minutes.   

Then I installed the new version, loaded the same file and clicked on slice...   Less than 1 minute. 

They've been busy implementing some multithreading... and it seems to work... 

• Like 2

Not like we need cash in our wallets but Myminifactory has a summer sale. There are a ton of designers in this one, some very popular ones too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, haldir said:

Not like we need cash in our wallets but Myminifactory has a summer sale. There are a ton of designers in this one, some very popular ones too.

Yeppers! Some at 50%.

Had deja vu, went to order the oni, discovered we already had em.

The Amazon releases are the only Artisan Guild models we don't have. Even those, we have one or two.

If I was smart, I'd plan out what I need for Eberron, then buy just those.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

If I was smart, I'd plan out what I need for Eberron, then buy just those.

There is the Skyship/steampunk maker ArcaneMinis.