3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finally decided I'm going to acquire a printer, now it's just a case of whether I choose to go with something on the less expensive side like a Neptune 2, or if I wait a bit for RatRig's Minion...  Or just go nuts for the brick wall all the learning curve at once V-Core 3 (or Voron v2.4). 

And I suspect in the next year I'll also get a resin printer, even though me and neoprene gloves don't get along well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, haldir said:

What I've seen Anycubic FDM printer "Vyper" looks like a good one as well.

Looks interesting.  I'm curious as to how it actually performs in the wild though, and if it has the problems of the printers it copied from...  And I'm curious if it will be like the Neptune 2, where it's similar as the one it's cloning, but has a few extra nice touches.  Marketing looks nice on the Vyper, to say the least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Looks interesting.  I'm curious as to how it actually performs in the wild though, and if it has the problems of the printers it copied from...  And I'm curious if it will be like the Neptune 2, where it's similar as the one it's cloning, but has a few extra nice touches.  Marketing looks nice on the Vyper, to say the least. 

A scale modeling channel on YouTube I watched tested that printer. Looked pretty good from what I saw.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I've finally decided I'm going to acquire a printer, now it's just a case of whether I choose to go with something on the less expensive side like a Neptune 2, or if I wait a bit for RatRig's Minion...  Or just go nuts for the brick wall all the learning curve at once V-Core 3 (or Voron v2.4). 

And I suspect in the next year I'll also get a resin printer, even though me and neoprene gloves don't get along well. 

Don't use Neoprene, use Nitrile. 

Big difference. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Don't use Neoprene, use Nitrile. 

Big difference. 

*blinks a few times* wow brain, what a wrong word to put in.  I meant nitrile gloves, something I react to nowadays. 

Neoprene gloves are for diving typically... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

*blinks a few times* wow brain, what a wrong word to put in.  I meant nitrile gloves, something I react to nowadays. 

Neoprene gloves are for diving typically... 

Okay... that blows orc... 

And Nitrile is considered the safer choice to Latex gloves. 

That leaves just Vinyl gloves. And that really... yeah... sorry. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Okay... that blows orc... 

And Nitrile is considered the safer choice to Latex gloves. 

That leaves just Vinyl gloves. And that really... yeah... sorry. 

I'm sure I'll figure something out.  10-15 minutes in gloves every now and then shouldn't be too much of an issue I figure.  I'll just make sure it isn't a regular amount of time in gloves over the course of a weekend.  A few people have suggested some ideas that might also work, like those thin cotton gloves to put inside as a barrier layer.

What's going to be difficult though is sticking to the idea of a less expensive printer, Voron just announced their Trident printer, aka the v1.9.  Not on the site yet, but it should be listed soonish.  A lot of quality of life improvements on it o_O

14 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm sure I'll figure something out.  10-15 minutes in gloves every now and then shouldn't be too much of an issue I figure.  I'll just make sure it isn't a regular amount of time in gloves over the course of a weekend.  A few people have suggested some ideas that might also work, like those thin cotton gloves to put inside as a barrier layer.

What's going to be difficult though is sticking to the idea of a less expensive printer, Voron just announced their Trident printer, aka the v1.9.  Not on the site yet, but it should be listed soonish.  A lot of quality of life improvements on it o_O

I think using an inner glove might be a good idea if you're allergic to the nitrile.

It would be bad if you would buy a printer and then have a problem with handling the prints.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Wavering on getting a luxury air yacht for Eberron.

But $40 normally vs $20 on sale.

resize-luxury-yacht-offer-2.jpg%20

Okay, I give up on adding images on the tablet. I don't know whose update messes it up, but they are no longer working.

This is now 50% off, so for $7,50 now...Dragon Trappers during the MMF Sale

Schermafbeelding 2021-08-16 175727.jpg

• Like 3