3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after nearly making myself bankrupt with the MMF sale, Epic decides to preview the Prince of Demons (Demogorgon). As if that wasn't bad enough, they had to preview MULTIPLE poses of this nasty character.

Looks like I'm hooked for another month  lol

Reverend Shartan

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

(in B5 Kosh's voice) And so it begins...

Yes, I have temp set up the Mars 2 pro and am printing off a 4+hr print from Mia Kay's women of tabletop KS. crossing fingers (by the way. set up was incredibly easy, that worries me haha)

• Like 5
On 8/24/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

Are we talking Top Secret/S.I.?

A Cheapass card game originally titled Before I Kill You, Mr. Bond - before they got a C&D order.

There was also a James Bond/007 RPG - from Victory Games.

It was... amazingly good, actually - the system has since been reprinted as Classified, by Expeditious Retreat Press, with the Bond IP stripped out.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
On 8/25/2021 at 3:23 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

(in B5 Kosh's voice) And so it begins...

Yes, I have temp set up the Mars 2 pro and am printing off a 4+hr print from Mia Kay's women of tabletop KS. crossing fingers (by the way. set up was incredibly easy, that worries me haha)

The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

• Like 1

So, my financial situation is changing (for the better!) and I decided to splurge a bit and pick up an Anycubic Wash and Cure 2.0. It just arrived yesterday and I was able to take the time to set it up and wash/cure the piece I had waiting on the printer. I didn't have quite enough solvent to fill it to max, so putting the plate in with the print still on it wasn't an option this time (the piece is one half of the base for Ritual Casting's Cassidy West). The printer does come with a basket that you can put things in and/or mount the build plate on, but if the piece is too big you have an extra bracket to mount the plate higher. But, not enough solvent, so into the basket it went.

I am actually pretty surprised how well it cleaned it, the piece is hollow and I was curious how well it would take care of that. But, the holes are large so I think the solvent was able to flow through the inside and clean it. It came out great and the curing process was also pretty simple. The curing space is also larger than my little Mercury. 

My only con so far would be that it is noisy, regardless of which operation you are doing. Not really a major issue depending on where you have your printing setup, but I think it is worth mentioning.

All in all I am pretty happy at the moment. I am going to reorganize and cleanup my printing space, it's gotten overly cluttered. Having the wash and cure will help me consolidate a bit and hopefully my whole process will be smoother going forward.

• Like 7

I noticed thay one of the minis I picked up via the sale was labeled SFW.

I made the mistake of looking for the NSFW version, I thought that I could use it to add scandal to my Eberron campaign, and found it on Cults.

Remember that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, where the Nazi melts from the eyes out?

Yeah.

Imma need a gallon of brain bleach.

Futanari. My eyes may never be the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I noticed that one of the minis I picked up via the sale was labeled SFW.

I made the mistake of looking for the NSFW version, I thought that I could use it to add scandal to my Eberron campaign, and found it on Cults.

Remember that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, where the Nazi melts from the eyes out?

Yeah.

Proof that I am wise beyond my many years - I'm not going to ask.

The Auld Grump

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I noticed thay one of the minis I picked up via the sale was labeled SFW.

Yeah.

I did an image search for something awhile back and mixed in with what I was looking for were all these women.  Except they didn't look quite right.  One WTF later I realized someone had Photoshopped some futanari.  :rolleyes: Truly hentai inspired, even my forearm could not compete.

• Like 2

Thought this was pretty cool.  A 3d printable portable paint rack.  I stumbled across it on Cults, but no links because it's commercial.

It official name is Scissor Paint Rack, so should be findable pretty easily.

image.png.bb3da05f74fc2157be495b44a853b15e.png

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Downside......I'd need about 15 to 20 of these to hold my paints

Honestly I'm in the same boat.  I don't plan to use this, but it did get the juices flowing.  I'm thinking about using the ideas here to come up with something similar, but more suited to my needs.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

This came into my FB feed. Looks interesting (at least from the videos showing how it works, and how it "folds down")

Downside......I'd need about 15 to 20 of these to hold my paints (I'm not saying that's a bad thing......)

Reverend Shartan

Don't use it for home, use it when painting on the road.

Take enough paints to fill that, some brushes, and a few minis.

• Like 3