3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Since it's fun to declare war on your wallets, take this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/corvusgamesterrain/paintpal-a-travel-hobby-system

I've seen this pop up on FB for the past few weeks. Nice to see it's funded. I know it's not the professional version of a travel kit, but it looks interesting. I really like the container for 24 dropper bottles....

I might end up backing this.  We'll see.

Reverend Shartan

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Reverend Shartan said:

I've seen this pop up on FB for the past few weeks. Nice to see it's funded. I know it's not the professional version of a travel kit, but it looks interesting. I really like the container for 24 dropper bottles....

I might end up backing this.  We'll see.

Reverend Shartan

Same here. I do like that it's modular so that you can print what you need, and having it be FDM means that my library can print them out for me.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Reverend Shartan said:

I wonder if more than 1 of each tray can be stacked on top of others.....if you print 2 of the 24 bottle containers, would they stack ?

I'm up to date on the comments, but haven't seen this asked or addressed......

Reverend Shartan

There's a gif under the title "OK, Show Me How it Works" that shows that they do indeed stack on top of one another.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

There's a gif under the title "OK, Show Me How it Works" that shows that they do indeed stack on top of one another.

I understand the base components stack together.....I'm curious to see how this pans out

Reverend Shartan

• Like 3

I am muttering like old Yosemite Sam right now. Bought the Ender 6  on the KS last year, but by the time it fulfilled, we were getting ready to move, so it has not been assembled. Today Emma and I unboxed it and assembled it, well made and went together quickly. However now it is not reading the SD card. So will pick up another card today and hope that is the problem. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I am muttering like old Yosemite Sam right now. Bought the Ender 6  on the KS last year, but by the time it fulfilled, we were getting ready to move, so it has not been assembled. Today Emma and I unboxed it and assembled it, well made and went together quickly. However now it is not reading the SD card. So will pick up another card today and hope that is the problem. Fingers crossed!

Cards are notoriously bad because they use no name cards. I use SanDisk for all my stuff, thankfully no failures so far.

• Like 1

Side effect of so many AWESOME 3D Patreons, it's getting hard to find a mini for Grump's B-Day that we don't already have in some way.

BUT no waiting for delivery, so printing and painting can start the same day as finally finding it!

Found a cool bridge for an airship, he can use it for his Darkjammer game and I can use it for Eberron, so I got both of us something for his B-Day. ::):

The Fire is still hating posting pics.

Legend Games Pirates set.

Talk about a First World Problem? ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
On 9/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, PaganMegan said:

Side effect of so many AWESOME 3D Patreons, it's getting hard to find a mini for Grump's B-Day that we don't already have in some way.

BUT no waiting for delivery, so printing and painting can start the same day as finally finding it!

Found a cool bridge for an airship, he can use it for his Darkjammer game and I can use it for Eberron, so I got both of us something for his B-Day. ::):

The Fire is still hating posting pics.

Legend Games Pirates set.

image.png.70d69295b5751a8d98f9a387300a6e0b.png

I did notice that you painted it to match the orrery I painted for you a few years ago... for your then Eberron game.....

Talk about a First World Problem? ::D:

Tell me about it - this is coming up in Iain Lovecraft's latest KS Tale of Two Cities.

image.png.5ad0d6a86b2c70abaa68f7e45078d58e.png

After decades of wanting a mini for a vardo, for the last few years they have been popping up like mushrooms after a rainstorm - and all better than I could have hoped for.

What rotten luck!

*EDIT* The birthday mini that most caught my eye -

image.png.58ab1f79773601e489bb17bdff4bb014.png

Megan printed both this version and the birthday suit version.

Amazingly, it was this version that she had painted! :lol:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

*EDIT* The birthday mini that most caught my eye -

What's the name of this ?

In other news, I've been half following the launch of the anycubic dlp kickstarter...  biggest takeaway is that the mods are having to work overtime on their facebook group to shut down all the hate they're getting over the fact that it crashed kickstarter.....  

• Like 4