Jump to content

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)


Recommended Posts

On 9/18/2021 at 3:07 AM, Reverend Shartan said:

 

Is it worth the price for the Dark Elves, Megan ?

I'm seriously thinking of getting this for my group when they run through the Temple of Elemental Evil.....

 

Reverend Shartan

Well, I think so.

 

But Megan also plays Twilight Kin for Kings of War, so can use these for both Pathfinder and KOW.

 

The terrain is pretty sweet, and the troops are very good.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, said to say Creality has lived down to it's horrible reputation for horrible customer support. Will be taking the Ender6 to a local computer shop to see if a new SD card reader will fix it's problems.

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've debated on using funds I saved for RCon, but didn't use this year (spending was way down for me) on upgrading my memory in my computer. Would I see a significant gain in 3D related stuff if I went from 16 to 32gb? Also since it has been forever since I've upgraded memory or anything else inside a computer what am I really looking for when it comes to memory?

 

thanks!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of computer, how is the memory organised now, and which graphics card do you have?   

 

My HP ProBook made a giant leap when I upgraded it from 8 to 32GB, but it would have done even if I had only gone from 8 to 16GB, or possibly even by dropping in 2 x 4GB modules because the nVidia card in it doesn't like single-channel RAM. Going to two modules solves that issue...  

And 32GB is the max it can support... 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

What kind of computer, how is the memory organised now, and which graphics card do you have?   

 

My HP ProBook made a giant leap when I upgraded it from 8 to 32GB, but it would have done even if I had only gone from 8 to 16GB, or possibly even by dropping in 2 x 4GB modules because the nVidia card in it doesn't like single-channel RAM. Going to two modules solves that issue...  

And 32GB is the max it can support... 

 

 

My system is a Dell XPS 8930

 

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11700 processor(8-Core, 16M Cache, 2.5GHz to 4.9GHz)

Windows 10 Home English

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2933Mhz

256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB 7200 rpm 3.5" SATA Hard Drive (I've added a 3rd 6TB HD)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That card is supposedly a pretty decent performer even today, as long as you don't plan to use RayTracing or DLSS as the card can't do that natively.  

Frankly, I don't think adding more RAM will do much to speed up that machine. 

 

How full is that NVME drive, and brand?  

Some will slow right down if they drop below 30% free... 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

That card is supposedly a pretty decent performer even today, as long as you don't plan to use RayTracing or DLSS as the card can't do that natively.  

Frankly, I don't think adding more RAM will do much to speed up that machine. 

 

How full is that NVME drive, and brand?  

Some will slow right down if they drop below 30% free... 

 

 

 

I'm not sure, it's whatever Dell put in the machine. I do need to transfer files from it to the other drives (something I've been doing allot of lately). It's roughly give or take 80% full, so yah gotta move more files. I just need to set it to go to the other drives when I save & such. 

 

Also, no worries on using those programs, as I'm just using it to look at/manipulate stls for 3d printing. I'm not doing anything fancy with them.

 

I remember now, when I purchased this machine I opted to get the better video card in lu of the RAM (thus why it only has 16).

 

Just curious, but this is the memory, I'm considering:

 

Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4W

 

or this one

 

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMH32GX4M2D3600C18W

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, PaganMegan said:

Look at Heroes Infinite. A $15 set goes to $200!

 ::o:

 

$200!

 

IMO this is a huge problem. Several companies have it but that's a good example of it being almost silly.

I appreciate that need to drive the monthly sales as 'in' profits but I can't imagine that those exorbitant prices aren't a barrier to actual purchase in the Aftermarket side of things outside of extreme sales.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The high prices is because they don't really want buyers. They use MMF as a Fulfillment system and as advertising. 

They want more Patreons, because a buyer is maybe $10 every few months, while a Patreon is $10 every month. 

 

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Just curious, but this is the memory, I'm considering:

 

Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4W

 

or this one

 

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMH32GX4M2D3600C18W

 

I would check what the motherboard supports first. 

According to Intel, your CPU may be able to handle 

DDR4-3200 (PC4-25600)

 

Anything faster is most likely not worth the money. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

EPIC has a sale on MMF 50% off till 30 Sept.

 

Lately I didn't care for their whole sets but I did want some minis from them, this was a good opportunity to get the ones I wanted.

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105059.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105311.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105346.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105444.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105637.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 111442.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 111618.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 111728.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2021 at 2:26 AM, Glitterwolf said:

EPIC has a sale on MMF 50% off till 30 Sept.

 

Lately I didn't care for their whole sets but I did want some minis from them, this was a good opportunity to get the ones I wanted.

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105059.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105311.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105346.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105444.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 105637.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 111442.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 111618.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 111728.jpg

 

I've been with Epic so long, as of this month I have EVERY set they have released:) Only thing left for me to do (other then continuing with them), would be to become a merchant for them:)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Phrozen just sent out a teaser e-mail saying the next big thing was coming. Anyone thinking either 8K standard sized printer or perhaps another company taking a whack at the new technology like Anycubic is?

 

I'm thinkin it'll be a DLP printer. Seems to the new 'OOOOOOO shiney" thing in printers now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...