3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

The burn really doesn't start till you get a $125 Patreon bill.

A $50 dollar one is a hard pill to swallow, let alone one that high...ouch.

Ok, I haven't upgraded to 1.9 Chitubox due to some info I got from here & elsewhere, but I'm getting tired of the upgrade nag. Yes, I could turn it off but I like having it on for updates. Chitubox is my slicer & Phrozen 4k mini is my printer. Can I upgrade to this newest version without worry?

• Like 2

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Ok, I haven't upgraded to 1.9 Chitubox due to some info I got from here & elsewhere, but I'm getting tired of the upgrade nag. Yes, I could turn it off but I like having it on for updates. Chitubox is my slicer & Phrozen 4k mini is my printer. Can I upgrade to this newest version without worry?

If Chitubox is your slicer, yes.

The upgrade is causing problems for ALL the other slicers.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I’m still in the process of trying to figure out which ones to back, while dealing with the “new shiny” appeal of all of them. Damn it’s hard. There’s probably 20 different ones I’d back if I could back them all.

• Like 2

Ended up going back & picking up the Artisan Guild Deathtide Jurakin set. 15 dollars sure beats 30, problem is when you hit download, all you get is a jpeg of the entire set.....I know AG is good for the product (one of the few Patreons I'm still supporting), so no worries. I just need those guys for sahuagin stand-ins! :lol:

I wish thou there would have been a spellcaster type in the set.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, haldir said:

Ended up going back & picking up the Artisan Guild Deathtide Jurakin set. 15 dollars sure beats 30, problem is when you hit download, all you get is a jpeg of the entire set.....I know AG is good for the product (one of the few Patreons I'm still supporting), so no worries. I just need those guys for sahuagin stand-ins! :lol:

I think there is a spellcaster.

She's the elf, and kind of naked, riding a tentacle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaganMegan said:

I think there is a spellcaster.

She's the elf, and kind of naked, riding a tentacle.

Yah, not my idea of a sahaugin spellcaster.

Well appears I'll be sticking with 1.8, since Chrome & Edge don't recognize downloads off Phrozen (aka China) site downloads. Both think it's malicious software....sigh. I need a firmware update for the update to work.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, haldir said:

They are nice Sahuagin and you get so much more variety of poses.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

You mean, that's not a normal Patreon bill?

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah, not my idea of a sahaugin spellcaster.

Well appears I'll be sticking with 1.8, since Chrome & Edge don't recognize downloads off Phrozen (aka China) site downloads. Both think it's malicious software....sigh. I need a firmware update for the update to work.

Aside from whether or not Taiwan counts themselves as part of China, in Chrome right click and "save link as."    When it complains to you about how it can't be downloaded securely click the carrot and select "keep." It should go ahead and download the firmware package.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Auberon said:

If it hasn't been posted yet, the LOOT BF sale ended up being a 34% discount.  That would make their old monthly packs about $20.

Which isn't really that good of a sale considering not that long ago they had a specific old Loot on sale for $15 for current members.

Pass.

10 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I started cutting back on Patreons.  It's not that there aren't a lot of great stl's in the packs or that the value is too low for what you get, it's just too many.

Was thinking of just cancelling all of them and doing a pick and choose every month but some I've got in the EB so don't want to lose that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Ah, there's an actual spelcaster in the set!

Pope Blobulbla. Maybe take the big bladey thing off his staff, or do a weapon swap.

I thought about him, but I'm going to use him as Blademaster Makaht. He has some weird "Wavecutter blade" in his stats, so figured that one would work well for him.

6 hours ago, Auberon said:

Aside from whether or not Taiwan counts themselves as part of China, in Chrome right click and "save link as."    When it complains to you about how it can't be downloaded securely click the carrot and select "keep." It should go ahead and download the firmware package.

Thanks, I didn't realize you could click the file in the download bar, as I've never gotten a file, it wouldn't let me download (always thought the was the job of security software????). Also, I thought, Phrozen was a company in China, hence the reaction to the browser not letting me DL something (ie oooo bad stuff..<_<).

• Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 1:23 PM, haldir said:

It was a GREAT month, we added the Patreons one at a time, then forgot to unsubscribe.

Thankfully the next month was ALSO great, so no permanent regrets, we would have spent the money on the same things anyway.

But we did some chopping after that. Patreon prices are better, bit they all hit at once.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 3:00 AM, PaganMegan said:

Ended up going in for a lot of Patreons this month. Not $125, but almost 3 figures. A lot, but I’ll calm down a bit soon. Just getting over my new shiny addiction.

I liked what Broken Anvil Monthly, Artisan Guild, Archvillain Games and The Dragon Trappers Lodge we’re making, along with GameScape3D and SAWANT3D for terrain.

Archvillain Games and The Dragon Trappers Lodge will be staying for next month and I’ll probably add Titan-Forge Miniatures. Not sure if I’ll keep Artisan Guild or Broken Anvil Monthly.

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 2

For me, most of my Patreons are for commercial use, only a few are personal (for now or until they offer a merchant tier):

Loot Studios (not really a patreon but I like their stuff, hoping for a merchant tier soon)

Epic Miniatures - personal right now, as their merchant is just above my limit

Clay Cyanide - Merchant (got one of the last $20 tiers before they added a new higher tier)

Hex3D - Personal/merchant. I love his stuff, been on a mug printing kick from him lately. Gotta show those off here soon

Papsikels - Just moved to his new sci-fi merchant tier. I love what this group does, very cool stuff.

RN Estudio- Also just moved to their merchant tier recently. Love all the cool themes they do.

Great Grimoire - Merchant now as well, love her stuff

Village's hope - Just got on to this merchant tiered patreon. Going to stay on next month then decide if I'll stay with them.

There are others I jump off and on as they release cool stuff for a month, but these are all locked in for me (most, because I don't want to lose my merchant tier)

• Like 3