3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

4 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

What printer is it?

Its an Anycubic Photon Mono X, which comes in 4K and 6K flavors.  Anycubic is currently having a sale on their site.  The 4K is currently $330 off list price while the 6K is $50 off.  That is a bit deceptive though, because the 4K has a higher list price than the 6K.

I think whoever greased the Z-axis rails at the factory sneezed while squeezing the tube. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While looking at my past purchases from MMF I noticed I bought a bunny rogue that was a better rep for one of my player's rogue character, I printed that yesterday. Afterwards, printed up a Yuan-ti/medusa (half human/half tail body type) sorceress stand in & was worried a bit as she is a slightly complex, bigger figure then I've been printing. I checked the print before I left for work tonight, & it appears I've got a print to clean up in the morning. :winkthumbs:

So I didn't clean the print when I got home this morning, but I did before I left for tonight's FLGS game. As I thought the figure was a large size figure, I was worried that it wouldn't print right. Much to my surprise she was medium size but slightly larger figure due to her tail half. Figure is from Epic Miniatures. I wanna say this is only the 2nd figure I've printed from them (first was their version of the catoblepas, anther reason why I was worried about the failure as I had a hell of time getting that figure to print correctly).

720X720-1014-gorgon-sisters-stheno-behea 

Her skirt kinda gives me that, "oh crap her legs didn't print feel", even after seeing the sculpt in person, but it's just that a skirt that covers her front half. There is a little bit of mis-print near the area where it'll glue to a base on the back, so I'm not worried about it. She'll make a great end boss for side mission in my Weds Night "Saltmarsh" campaign.

This is the bunny rogue, even has a eyepatch, as my player's rogue is a ex-pirate.

720X720-mmf-october-21-rabit2.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Auberon said:

Its an Anycubic Photon Mono X, which comes in 4K and 6K flavors.  Anycubic is currently having a sale on their site.  The 4K is currently $330 off list price while the 6K is $50 off.  That is a bit deceptive though, because the 4K has a higher list price than the 6K.

I think whoever greased the Z-axis rails at the factory sneezed while squeezing the tube. 

Turns out I was wrong, I don't have this printer, sorry.  Some of the features in the pictures you showed look remarkably like the Sonic Mini 8K.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, haldir said:

While looking at my past purchases from MMF I noticed I bought w bunny rogue that was a better rep for my player's rogue. Printed that yesterday. Afterwards,  printed up a Yuan-ti sorceress stand in & was worried a bit as she is a slightly completed, bigger fig then I've been printing. I checked yhe printed before I left for work tonight,  it appears I've got a print to clean up in the morning..:winkthumbs:

As for bunnies...Comet Lord has a new Easter Bunny...

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133124.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133135.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133149.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133201.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133213.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Question: what is objectively better, the Anycubic Mono or the Anycubic Mono SE? Need a quick answer, might take advantage of this sale.

EDIT: The question is now moot. It appears that Anycubic's website will let me order the Mono 4K, but it won't allow me to get the deal for the Mono SE.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/16/2022 at 8:32 AM, Glitterwolf said:

As for bunnies...Comet Lord has a new Easter Bunny...

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133124.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133135.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133149.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133201.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 133213.jpg

We just watched the Twilight Zone movie a few weeks ago.

Something a lot like that is pulled out of a hat.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Question: what is objectively better, the Anycubic Mono or the Anycubic Mono SE? Need a quick answer, might take advantage of this sale.

EDIT: The question is now moot. It appears that Anycubic's website will let me order the Mono 4K, but it won't allow me to get the deal for the Mono SE.

Late, but this may help yah in the future, as Anycubic has similar sales all the time, IIRC:

https://all3dp.com/1/anycubic-photon-mono-se-x-the-differences/

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, haldir said:

Late, but this may help yah in the future, as Anycubic has similar sales all the time, IIRC:

https://all3dp.com/1/anycubic-photon-mono-se-x-the-differences/

I did find that, but thank you. I actually chose the Mono SE right up to the point that the website denied me from continuing on.

• Like 3

I've been inventorying my stl files, but suddenly in the last week explorer became really unstable and started crashing whenever I would open a folder with a lot of stl files in it.  It wasn't happening with anything else, so I waited for another crash, opened Event Viewer, and checked to see if it gave me a hint as to what was going on.

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ChiTuBox64 1.8.1\Qt5Core.dll

Curse you chitubox.  I'll try the old uninstall/reinstall and see what happens.  IIRC the latest and greatest version requires a firmware update to use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Auberon said:

I've been inventorying my stl files, but suddenly in the last week explorer became really unstable and started crashing whenever I would open a folder with a lot of stl files in it.  It wasn't happening with anything else, so I waited for another crash, opened Event Viewer, and checked to see if it gave me a hint as to what was going on.

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ChiTuBox64 1.8.1\Qt5Core.dll

Curse you chitubox.  I'll try the old uninstall/reinstall and see what happens.  IIRC the latest and greatest version requires a firmware update to use.

It's specifically Chitubox's thumbnail generator thing. I uninstalled Chitubox a while a go, but I believe the thumbnail part is an optional part of the install.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Illithar said:

It's specifically Chitubox's thumbnail generator thing. I uninstalled Chitubox a while a go, but I believe the thumbnail part is an optional part of the install.

That would make sense, but like a lot of software it's "why now?" I checked when I upgraded, and it was April of last year.  So chitubox and explorer got along for 10 months and then month 11 they had a marital dispute or something.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 10:19 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

I just had to scrap my planned Quayside and River Gate boards for Mordheim.

I just couldn't fine the stone quays that I wanted - so started laying out the design for wooden piers and docks, and adding the needed models to our collection.

Then I went looking for a grim ship to have off the dock....

And found exactly what I had wanted in the first place.

image.png.0e6dfcfde0c5fe7dede36115c040d1a4.png

image.png.1e298071cb4f844af3d30061dae792c0.png

image.png.28a1bcd28416aba482c80d9f991129b2.png

image.png.8ad0a03621ebc934fa822011793efea8.png

Ah, well - it's not like the wooden docks and piers can't be added in - but, dang, couldn't I have found this BEFORE starting the layout?

The Auld Grump

I printed off some of those piers when they first came out [ and as my first fdm printer was dying]. They looked really good with just raw resin….I really should paint them up.  Printable scenery has great stuff designed for fdm printers. 

On 3/16/2022 at 12:30 AM, haldir said:

While looking at my past purchases from MMF I noticed I bought a bunny rogue that was a better rep for one of my player's rogue character, I printed that yesterday. Afterwards, printed up a Yuan-ti/medusa (half human/half tail body type) sorceress stand in & was worried a bit as she is a slightly complex, bigger figure then I've been printing. I checked the print before I left for work tonight, & it appears I've got a print to clean up in the morning. :winkthumbs:

So I didn't clean the print when I got home this morning, but I did before I left for tonight's FLGS game. As I thought the figure was a large size figure, I was worried that it wouldn't print right. Much to my surprise she was medium size but slightly larger figure due to her tail half. Figure is from Epic Miniatures. I wanna say this is only the 2nd figure I've printed from them (first was their version of the catoblepas, anther reason why I was worried about the failure as I had a hell of time getting that figure to print correctly).

720X720-1014-gorgon-sisters-stheno-behea 

Her skirt kinda gives me that, "oh crap her legs didn't print feel", even after seeing the sculpt in person, but it's just that a skirt that covers her front half. There is a little bit of mis-print near the area where it'll glue to a base on the back, so I'm not worried about it. She'll make a great end boss for side mission in my Weds Night "Saltmarsh" campaign.

This is the bunny rogue, even has a eyepatch, as my player's rogue is a ex-pirate.

720X720-mmf-october-21-rabit2.jpg

Which month/set from epic is that medusa from? I thought I had all of their sets, but I fail to remember that one:( Funny, I don't recall have failures with epic before.