3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

On 6/2/2022 at 11:54 PM, haldir said:

Spartan Warriors by Francesca Musueci

Once, the other half of Artisian Guild, they decided to go their own path on Myminifactory.

This will be on Frontiers, thou. At least if you sign up now, you get 2 free warrior stls.

Are they still together for AG?

Are these like sideprojects for them or did they break up?

• Like 1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Are they still together for AG?

Are these like sideprojects for them or did they break up?

They did break up, Andrea works alone on AG, but that doesn't stop him from promoting her project. But I'm not too fond of Frontiers, even more so since it became 19% more expensive than Kickstarter.

• Thanks 1

Unlike KS, I do believe once you've pledged, you're locked in. No way of backing out if something comes up, that prevents you from backing. Unless,  they've  changed that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jadeite said:

They haven't changed that and now taxes are added on top of the pledge.

Yah,  anther reason I won't ever use MMF for crowdfunding, considering I normally don't pay taxes on online purchases....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

GRRRRRRR, still fighting with the Ender. Gonna figure it out eventually....but.....👿

I need to fiddle with CR6, cause right now it's just a dust collector. Even thou I had some fdm prints sent off, I may see if I can print them off, as I'm still not ready to print something big on there.

Amazons on Frontiers, there is a code for 50% off Francesca's line on MMF. It's only good while the crowdfunding is going on. I may use it as I really like the reptile women, as they'd make good Yuan-ti.

Thou I wish they'd having something similar to the type with snakes for arms (odd combo, but a yuan-ti type).

• Like 3

Every so often I go on a trawl through the 'top' pages on thingiverse without a search term, just to see what's new and popular.  I get to see interesting solutions for problems, creative solutions for things that weren't problems to begin with, and sheer internet nonsense mashups like Dwayne 'The Squirtle' Johnson, I also find some inspired gems like this:

image.png.476c9f279fbaeb20ea831d76fe20e889.pngimage.png.b7e73db7dc949a7ced86688be5948218.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Finished printing a run of bases for all the OPR minis I've been printing, went to refill the vat, and realized that I have let myself run completely out of resin for the first time since I first got my photon back in november of 2019.  This is an odd feeling.

So now the decision time comes, buy more of the same, or branch out and try some new ones?   I've been using the same two resins for like a year and a half now.....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 3

I just finished off my first litre of resin this week. Fortunately I’ve got another litre ready to go.

I think I’ll be sticking with light grey as my default colour going forward unless I want some sort of translucent effect as the creamy white colour I used for my first litre was really hard to see the details on the unpainted prints.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

I just finished off my first litre of resin this week. Fortunately I’ve got another litre ready to go.

I think I’ll be sticking with light grey as my default colour going forward unless I want some sort of translucent effect as the creamy white colour I used for my first litre was really hard to see the details on the unpainted prints.

Yah, I've tried other colors & I always go back to light grey (aka primer grey). I like the color for when it comes to priming & such.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Yah, I've tried other colors & I always go back to light grey (aka primer grey). I like the color for when it comes to priming & such.

I got white as my first bottle simply because Siraya Tech had it on sale at the time. I intend on painting all my prints, so I’ll be priming them in another colour anyway, but it would be nice to see the details on the raw prints.

• Like 3