3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

I'm thinking about getting this "mini" due to Rocket Pig has a 60% code for Father's Day this weekend:

285992999_10159127015157981_117117782127

Those are 28mm minis on his left leg! The code makes this one 13.99.

• Like 4

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm thinking about getting this "mini" due to Rocket Pig has a 60% code for Father's Day this weekend:

I doubt if that qualifies as a mini anymore...what a monster!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Picked that walking fortress up & a few other files. You can't beat 60% off prices!

Also picked up RPG's version of the Astral Dreadnaught. That'll be a neat one to print up (FDM on that one of course).

720X720-store-thumbnail-astralterror.jpg

• Like 3

Whooo, my Trident lives again, although I need to figure out why doing a g28 turns my Nevermore fans on when they're keyed to be activated by the heater_bed being turned on (and then have idle timeouts for once its off), but that's a problem for future me after he's gotten a night of sleep. 

Future me also has to put the panels back on, but gets to negotiate with hubby as to whether it's purple or orange ABS going in, but no matter what in all of this the input shaper mount is definitely being printed because that definitely needs to get sorted out this weekend... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

How easy is it to slice up a model?

My son wants to mount the head of Charizard on a shield, like one would a moose or similar for a room he’s built out of Hirst Arts casts.

You mean chop the head off of an stl and just print the head on a shield? Probably take a few minutes to do the modelling. This sort of computer kit bashing is something I've been learning how to do. If you have an stl of Charizard I could do it for you. I'm not so good at creating organic shapes but I have been making a few of my own buildings and vehicles.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Zink said:

You mean chop the head off of an stl and just print the head on a shield? Probably take a few minutes to do the modelling. This sort of computer kit bashing is something I've been learning how to do. If you have an stl of Charizard I could do it for you. I'm not so good at creating organic shapes but I have been making a few of my own buildings and vehicles.

Yeah, exactly that. Just chopping off Charizard’s head, then gluing it to a shield.

I could just print the whole model and cut the head off after, but that seems like a waste.

This is the STL I am using - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4750833

What software do you use to cut it up? I use Chitubox for my slicing. Is it something I could do on there?

Unrelated, but the forum software merged my replies. Where can I find modern furniture STLs?

I’m just after “regular” modern items like fridges, TVs, sinks, toilets, computers, etc.

Also, has anyone seen a good teddy bear or rainbow STL?

Yep, this is what happens when you ask your kids if they want anything printed? 🤦‍♂️😂

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Yeah, exactly that. Just chopping off Charizard’s head, then gluing it to a shield.

I could just print the whole model and cut the head off after, but that seems like a waste.

This is the STL I am using - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4750833

What software do you use to cut it up? I use Chitubox for my slicing. Is it something I could do on there?

Unrelated, but the forum software merged my replies. Where can I find modern furniture STLs?

I’m just after “regular” modern items like fridges, TVs, sinks, toilets, computers, etc.

Also, has anyone seen a good teddy bear or rainbow STL?

Yep, this is what happens when you ask your kids if they want anything printed? 🤦‍♂️😂

I've used meshmixer for things like this but I'm getting better with Blender now so use it more often. Does this fit what you want? Not sure how big it is but resizing in your slicer is easy enough.

image.png.320738ea37323897bc261b0727d633c6.png

It can be downloaded here https://www.mediafire.com/file/nisqaepmk0ovgvq/charhead.stl/file If it doesn't want to print as a single model I can upload the head and shield separately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zink said:

I've used meshmixer for things like this but I'm getting better with Blender now so use it more often. Does this fit what you want? Not sure how big it is but resizing in your slicer is easy enough.

It can be downloaded here https://www.mediafire.com/file/nisqaepmk0ovgvq/charhead.stl/file If it doesn't want to print as a single model I can upload the head and shield separately.

Awesome!

I’ll show it to my son tonight, but I imagine that’s exactly what he wants.

Thank you so much.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zink said:

I showed it to my son and, as expected, that is what he wanted. He said thank you very much for doing that for him.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2022 at 12:20 AM, haldir said:

285992999_10159127015157981_117117782127

Yeah, 13.99 for the files, but let's hope you've a spare kidney to pay for the filament....

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

I showed it to my son and, as expected, that is what he wanted. He said thank you very much for doing that for him.

Glad I could help. Only took about 10 minutes including finding and modifying the shield.

• Like 3