Jump to content

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)


Anne
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Yeah, 13.99 for the files, but let's hope you've a spare kidney to pay for the filament....

 

Funny thing is I have a ton of filament I picked up when I first bought my Ender 3. It's has sat inside the sealed bags ever since I had the glob of death that killed that Ender 3 for a few years. Will I ever print it, who knows? Nice to have the file if I ever do. Kinda like a large "Ravenloft-esqe" castle file I picked up a few years ago. Thou that one might see the light of day when I fill more comfortable with my CR6.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Man it's so nice to have the printer up and running again.  Guess the next order of business is cleaning my washing tank so I can do resin prints again, eh? 

 

Is your washing tank just a bucket or an actual wash station machine?

 

If it’s the latter, don’t make my mistake and not clean it out before trying to use it, only to discover the resin sitting in the isopropyl alcohol has gunked everything up.

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Is your washing tank just a bucket or an actual wash station machine?

 

If it’s the latter, don’t make my mistake and not clean it out before trying to use it, only to discover the resin sitting in the isopropyl alcohol has gunned everything up.

Mine's the Mercury X.  And don't worry, the Voron Trident keeps it agitated enough, but yeah, I do know I need to clean it up, it's just a case of figuring out how to further cure some of the extra schtuff that's in there while it's being agitated.. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We finally (hopefully) found a use for that spool of Replitech Vivid Purple we have that so far neither of us like the general look it has - at least as a filament card or calibration cube. 

 

500% scale Cali-Dragon, which makes it 200mm of awesomeness.  Something like 300g of filament and a little over 100m in length for filament used...  But hey, we'll get a better impression of our thoughts regarding said filament! 

 

Worst case we have a 200mm / 8" (more or less) tall cutesy dragon in a somewhat lavender purple with a shine to it...  Best case hubby gets a new, bigger dragon on his desk. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2022 at 7:20 AM, haldir said:

I'm thinking about getting this "mini" due to Rocket Pig has a 60% code for Father's Day this weekend:

 

285992999_10159127015157981_117117782127

 

Those are 28mm minis on his left leg! The code makes this one 13.99.

 

*Hands you a fistfull of brushes*  

Bet you can't paint it in a week...

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

 

*Hands you a fistfull of brushes*  

Bet you can't paint it in a week...

 

 

You would be correct!!!

 

Considering it takes me awhile to even regular size minis. Now maybe a year long (or more) project.

 

 

I did take a look at the parts the other day. The head is 1 part, where the shoulders - chest - hips are 4 parts each (RF, LF, RR, LR).  The arms & hands are 3 each & I think the legs & feet are 3 as well. The feet are just 1 piece each. Using Chitu, each foot is bigger then the Phrozen mini 4k build plate.

 

Backside has a bunch of towers as well as walls & such. It's held together by large & small square pegs (aka the Rocket Pig way of assembly).

 

 

Got a email last night from RNEStudio & with a code, it's 70% off on files + got the June '22 throwback vault folder with 5 files in it. It's been awhile since I was a member of their Patreon, odd that I got the email. :rock:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mwa ha ha ha ha, fox mischief.  Or dragon mischief in this case I suppose..   500% scale Cali-Dragon because why not, and in Replitech Vivid Purple.  Looking forward to seeing what he looks like in twelve hours... 

 

Looking forward to a 200mm tall dragon.. 

20220621_064407.thumb.jpg.9b3e37971a8ecbc259e912a4033e71aa.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, haldir said:

 

You would be correct!!!

 

Considering it takes me awhile to even regular size minis. Now maybe a year long (or more) project.

 

 

I did take a look at the parts the other day. The head is 1 part, where the shoulders - chest - hips are 4 parts each (RF, LF, RR, LR).  The arms & hands are 3 each & I think the legs & feet are 3 as well. The feet are just 1 piece each. Using Chitu, each foot is bigger then the Phrozen mini 4k build plate.

 

Backside has a bunch of towers as well as walls & such. It's held together by large & small square pegs (aka the Rocket Pig way of assembly).

 

 

Got a email last night from RNEStudio & with a code, it's 70% off on files + got the June '22 throwback vault folder with 5 files in it. It's been awhile since I was a member of their Patreon, odd that I got the email. :rock:

 

 

Well about RNEstudio.. I have been a Patreon ONCE and I get a free mini from them about every month? Als got that code and set yes..

 

As for the Rocketpig Statue..wouldn't it be easier to wait for halloween, buy a skeleton human sized and then stick some toy castle towers to it's legs and fit some minis in there?

I mean, this monster is almost lifesize?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

 

Well about RNEstudio.. I have been a Patreon ONCE and I get a free mini from them about every month? Als got that code and set yes..

 

As for the Rocketpig Statue..wouldn't it be easier to wait for halloween, buy a skeleton human sized and then stick some toy castle towers to it's legs and fit some minis in there?

I mean, this monster is almost lifesize?

 

Prob, bit this one would be allot cooler then a deco skeleton. :poke:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

anyone recognize this bust? I was attempting to organize some of my print files and found it in a zip archive that doesn't have a name on it, so I'm not sure where I got it.  There was also a tarasque in the archive...
image.thumb.png.eab37be635abba309a793b119d90abe0.png

Tarasque_1.thumb.jpg.43fd711d0863895659e9d0560ff8b269.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

anyone recognize this bust? I was attempting to organize some of my print files and found it in a zip archive that doesn't have a name on it, so I'm not sure where I got it.  There was also a tarasque in the archive...
image.thumb.png.eab37be635abba309a793b119d90abe0.png

Tarasque_1.thumb.jpg.43fd711d0863895659e9d0560ff8b269.jpg

 

 

Lord of the Print

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

We... pulled the trigger on the Saturn 2.

 

Surprising exactly no one.

 

The Auld Grump

I won't be getting it (only got a Mars 3 six months ago), but I did note that it's basically 1.3-1.5x the build size of my Mars 3, despite the printer footprint being only slightly larger than the Mars 3.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...