3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

1 hour ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Anyone come across a good STL for a miniature coffee mug or cup?

I’m happy to pay for the right one.

It doesn’t need to be life-sized as I plan on using it as a token for a 24 hour Blood Bowl tournament I’m running in a couple of months.

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=coffee+cup&page=1&type=things&sort=relevant

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Is there a way to see how many print jobs your printer has completed? I’d be curious to know how many mine has run.

I'm not sure but it would be a nice feature. At least a hours used meter withdrawal be nice. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Anyone come across a good STL for a miniature coffee mug or cup?

I’m happy to pay for the right one.

It doesn’t need to be life-sized as I plan on using it as a token for a 24 hour Blood Bowl tournament I’m running in a couple of months.

Haven't seen one but I can probably knock something simple together for you if you'd like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Is there a way to see how many print jobs your printer has completed? I’d be curious to know how many mine has run.

If you're running Klipper, it's under the history tab.  No idea where it would be if you're running Marlin or RepRap though. 

• Like 1

In a recent podcast, I heard Ronnie Renton say that they were considering putting out STLs for conversion bits or maybe extra poses of some of their models.  Also, Wargames Atlantic seem to be moving in the direction of making conversion bits for their plastic kits available as STLs.  Seems like an interesting development.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm not sure but it would be a nice feature. At least a hours used meter withdrawal be nice. 

Yeah, even an hours used would allow me to ballpark how many prints I’ve done.

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

If you're running Klipper, it's under the history tab.  No idea where it would be if you're running Marlin or RepRap though. 

I have no idea what any of those things are. I’m assuming they relate to FDM printers? I only have a Mars 3 resin printer at the moment.

7 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Haven't seen one but I can probably knock something simple together for you if you'd like.

If you could, that would be awesome.

I’m just after something simple like these:

image.jpeg.6aae35f42ffdd296c4899052639242cf.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

I’m just after something simple like these:

Threw it up on my Thingiverse. I'd use Printables but I don't know where that falls on ecommerce restrictions....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5634147

Did my best to maintain some thicker walls so it prints well small. I scaled them really small but they should get bigger if you need, let me know if you need any tweaks, I'm trying to work on getting better with OpenSCAD so this is good practice.

cup.JPG

mug.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Threw it up on my Thingiverse. I'd use Printables but I don't know where that falls on ecommerce restrictions....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5634147

Did my best to maintain some thicker walls so it prints well small. I scaled them really small but they should get bigger if you need, let me know if you need any tweaks, I'm trying to work on getting better with OpenSCAD so this is good practice.

cup.JPG

mug.JPG

That’s awesome! Truly above and beyond, thank you so much.

• Like 4

I had been trying to think up a better way to inventory my many many minis than a simple spreadsheet, and I think I may have hit on a good way using a plugin for wordpress.  I got the idea on Thursday, figured out how to do it on Friday, and made my test site this morning.  Which is to say it's not hard to do.  If there is any interest I could make a tutorial for y'all to try out yourselves.  If not, that will save me some typing.

• Like 3