3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

Figures, ready to C&P my BF discount codes into my cart on MMF & they are having website issues...

2 options, website is down page or, codes doesn't transfer over. I guess I can always try tomorrow. Pretty much will clean out my save for later list.

• Like 2

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MMF BF sale is borked (I've been using that word allot lately!?!). I let the site reset before trying to enter the codes again, after the crash/shutdown the other day. Unlike some of you slackers (hehe) I actually have quite a bit in my cart, mainly stuff I've had in my Save for later list. Also, if I do decide to go to RCon next year, some files for those as well, I figured get it now & not have to worry about them later. Anyways, I pasted all the codes in to the box & when it stops churning, only half my list has a discount?! WT#? I know I have a couple files that don't have codes, but I have things from Rocketpig, RNEStudio, etc etc obvious code vendors that aren't discounted?

What's odd is I deleted my codes & just inputted Rocketpig's code & it accepts it. So who knows what's going on. At this rate, I may or may not bother with any of them besides files I know I'll need soon.

• Like 2

Ok, after a bit of cart wrangling, I was able to get a the files I had in my cart, minus a couple in particular, Bestiarium Games. For some reason, when you input their code, it says no discount, who knows why & I'm not in the mood to contact mmf customer service to find out. What I had to do is make 3 separate orders as for some reason, some of the codes don't play well with others. What I did was, take the files that weren't showing discounts & save them to the later list, & the rinse & repeat. It came down to Rocketpig, RNEStudio & Bestiarium as the 3rd cart, with Besty not being purchased at this time.

At least I can say I've got mostly what I wanted & the hobby budget has been disintegrated for the rest of the month + most likely next month as well. Thou, I'll prob pick up the Bestiarium files during the Holiday sale, as they weren't that much with the discount. Also, I see D&DBeyond is having a BF sale later this week, so I'll check out if Dragonlance is included & probably will get that. Other then those, I'm tapped! FLGS's BF sale doesn't sound enticing enough to go down there this year, so sadly I'll probably not get anything there this year. I was hoping they would have something I'd be interested in, but eh, oh well.

• Like 2

Geetech is selling a 2K Resin printer for $99...   

B/W LCD, typical 82 x 130mm LCD, but 190mm print height.

Geeetech_20211111143937_3.jpg.473ca4fa9b6d001f4e301bb0f7c7ecc1.jpg 

How good it is, is anyone's guess. 

It's cheap and has a B/W LCD, so it should be usable, at least. 

It also uses .ctb files, so it can at least be used with Chitubox, and possibly a lot of other slicers.   

Shipping costs might be an issue for some, though.   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Geetech is selling a 2K Resin printer for $99...   

B/W LCD, typical 82 x 130mm LCD, but 190mm print height.

Geeetech_20211111143937_3.jpg.473ca4fa9b6d001f4e301bb0f7c7ecc1.jpg 

How good it is, is anyone's guess. 

It's cheap and has a B/W LCD, so it should be usable, at least. 

It also uses .ctb files, so it can at least be used with Chitubox, and possibly a lot of other slicers.   

Shipping costs might be an issue for some, though.   

Personally, at this point I’d rather pay a little more to get a 4K printer. You can get a Saturn 4K for $299 at the moment with free shipping.

I’d probably go with a Mars 2 for $99 or a Mars 2 Pro for $135 over that unit.

• Like 2

Anyone else find they occasionally end up with STLs slightly off the build plate?

I must be accidentally lifting them up on the Z-axis when arranging the STLs on the build plate because it’s happened to me several times now.

Just spotted another mini I’d lifted off the build plate now. Fortunately I thought to check only a few minutes after starting the print, so I didn’t waste much time or resin, but it’s probably happened 2-3 times in recent memory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Personally, at this point I’d rather pay a little more to get a 4K printer. You can get a Saturn 4K for $299 at the moment with free shipping.

I’d probably go with a Mars 2 for $99 or a Mars 2 Pro for $135 over that unit.

Yeah, the Mars 2 or Mars 2 Pro are probably better printers. They don't use any higher resolution LCD, though. 

The big point for the one at Geetech is the added 30mm build height.    

They're all great for small terrain and not-insanely-detailed minis, though.   

not everyone can get a Saturn 4K at that price or free shipping, or are hesitant to pay that much for something they have no prior experience with. Or they don't need the detail.  

As long as it's not the AnyCubic Photon Zero, though... 

(I got hold of one, very, very cheaply... Slightly used. Probably used for one or two prints. 100micron X/Y resolution. Honestly, you can SEE the pixellation. you'd have to be a pretty sick individual to even think of comparing it to other printers)

One day I'll pick a model and print it on all my printers just to show the difference in quality...   

Actually, we really need a 'Sir ForQuality' or something, a free download mini .STL with decent details, for comparing printers and resin properly.   

• Like 3

Anyone have any experience with the FLASHFORGE Finder 3.0 3D Printer (or FLASHFORGE in general)?

A relative of a guy in my gaming group is looking at buying one and asked for my opinion, but I have no experience with FDM or FLASHFORGE, so trying to do a bit of research into them for him.

It seems pricey compared to Enders and Neptunes (the price in the link is in AUD, but an Ender 3 V2 is $356 on Amazon AU in comparison, so half the price and the Neptune 2S is $262 now and $350 normally). So it’s double their price.

Edited by Olaf the Stout
Removed link
  • Like 1

Heads up, commerce links aren't allowed on the forums @Olaf the Stout.  Best way is to just give the search description and/or title and say it's on Amazon Australia 🙂

Totally unrelated, I wonder how much trouble I'd be in with mom if I printed dad a few things that are clearly dad jokes.... Just in case, Well in that Case, and A Round To it being just a few....  I suspect dad would get a kick out of having some props to do his dad jokes with... 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Heads up, commerce links aren't allowed on the forums @Olaf the Stout.  Best way is to just give the search description and/or title and say it's on Amazon Australia 🙂

Totally unrelated, I wonder how much trouble I'd be in with mom if I printed dad a few things that are clearly dad jokes.... Just in case, Well in that Case, and A Round To it being just a few....  I suspect dad would get a kick out of having some props to do his dad jokes with... 

Whoops, apologies. Link removed. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 8:31 AM, haldir said:

MMF BF sale is borked (I've been using that word allot lately!?!). I let the site reset before trying to enter the codes again, after the crash/shutdown the other day. Unlike some of you slackers (hehe) I actually have quite a bit in my cart, mainly stuff I've had in my Save for later list. Also, if I do decide to go to RCon next year, some files for those as well, I figured get it now & not have to worry about them later. Anyways, I pasted all the codes in to the box & when it stops churning, only half my list has a discount?! WT#? I know I have a couple files that don't have codes, but I have things from Rocketpig, RNEStudio, etc etc obvious code vendors that aren't discounted?

What's odd is I deleted my codes & just inputted Rocketpig's code & it accepts it. So who knows what's going on. At this rate, I may or may not bother with any of them besides files I know I'll need soon.

We've been making our orders one company at a time.

We are printing not-eldar for Megan's mum. We have both of the Heroes Infinite sets.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2