3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back we backed the Pinup Corps scantilly clad Not-Imperial-Guard on Frontiers.

They promised that it would be finished months ago.

And it was - sort of. They finished all their promised models - but every few months they add something new to the already finished release....

I am impressed, and I suspect that Megan will be adding female Not-Imperial-Guard to her Blessed Sisters army for Grimdark Future.

So far the ogres are the only models painted up. (Female ogre... in fishnet blouse... *shudder*)

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well come this Saturday, I will join the bigger plate party as far as 3d resin printers. Finally pulled the trigger on a Phrozen Mighty 4k printer. I seriously thought about the 8k, but right now there is a over 250 dollar difference between the 2 on BIG RIVER & I just didn't want to wait for the 8k to come down in price. Phrozen is having a sale on there. I love the result I get with my Mini4k so I think I'll be happy with the bigger plate for the bigger stuff I can't print on the mini.

I did also upgrade the wash n cure station & picked up the Phrozen version. I seriously thought about getting the Elegoo version, but I noticed the wash only goes up to just under a 10 inch plate. So even if I do go with the 8k Mighty (doubt any time soon of course) at least I won't have to replace the WnC station. I will have to re=position my printers when I set up the new stuff as current area has no room for those. I have a spot upstairs, I just need to clear it up.

I also order this:

71f3mYBw8wL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp

It's a card playmat, but I think it's huge, so I think I'll just turn it into a giant mousepad when I finally set up my new (if you call 2019 new.....) desk eventually.

• Like 6

After changing the turning on the heat, releveling and changing the FEP I thought that the latest print had printed successfully but a closer look shows some flaws even if nothing seemed to pull off the build plate.  Messing around with one of my previous failures makes me wonder if I've done something to the resin.  Could it be too flexible maybe?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I'll say that it's easier to find videos on how to set up your printer when new and dial it in for exposure times, etc., than it is to find anything about troubleshooting a printer that worked almost flawlessly for a good long while but now is giving trouble.

So true. There’s so much general information, that locating specific use cases is near impossible.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2023 at 5:57 PM, haldir said:

Well come this Saturday, I will join the bigger plate party as far as 3d resin printers. Finally pulled the trigger on a Phrozen Mighty 4k printer. I seriously thought about the 8k, but right now there is a over 250 dollar difference between the 2 on BIG RIVER & I just didn't want to wait for the 8k to come down in price. Phrozen is having a sale on there. I love the result I get with my Mini4k so I think I'll be happy with the bigger plate for the bigger stuff I can't print on the mini.

I did also upgrade the wash n cure station & picked up the Phrozen version. I seriously thought about getting the Elegoo version, but I noticed the wash only goes up to just under a 10 inch plate. So even if I do go with the 8k Mighty (doubt any time soon of course) at least I won't have to replace the WnC station. I will have to re=position my printers when I set up the new stuff as current area has no room for those. I have a spot upstairs, I just need to clear it up.

I also order this:

71f3mYBw8wL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp

It's a card playmat, but I think it's huge, so I think I'll just turn it into a giant mousepad when I finally set up my new (if you call 2019 new.....) desk eventually.

We gotta find you a Squirrel Girl T shirt!

• Like 1

Since I'm using a mix that includes Siraya tenacious and some abs-like (I think)that I've thrown the bottle away, I'm planning to go back to Siraya fast and do some test prints.

Do people like the cones of calibration?  When I got this thing it printed out some test prints without problems so I've never looked too deep.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Since I'm using a mix that includes Siraya tenacious and some abs-like (I think)that I've thrown the bottle away, I'm planning to go back to Siraya fast and do some test prints.

Do people like the cones of calibration?  When I got this thing it printed out some test prints without problems so I've never looked too deep.

Tenacious will separate and settle to the bottom of the resin sits in the tank for more than a couple of days. I always stir it if it’s sat for more than a day. If it’s several days I’ll pour it back in the bottle, shake it up and repour to make sure it’s mixed properly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2