3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

I think I figured out what I'm gonna first print on the big plate printer:

720X720-ml-indpres-dragevuul09.jpg

Options - 

720X720-ml-indpres-dragevuul11-1.jpg

I forgot I picked that one up last time there was percent off sale on MMF. It's Huge size so 3 inch base (same size as titan or fire giants in 5e). Thou the holiday adventure has a silver dragon that I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on (Epic - 50% sale), so I may end up just printing that instead. At least the metal guy here is in pieces, so technically I could print it on the mini4k. I still wanna print it on the bigger one, just to see all the pieces on one plate. He'll be used in a 17th level adventure in the main story line.

• Like 5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I think I figured out what I'm gonna first print on the big plate printer:

720X720-ml-indpres-dragevuul09.jpg

Options - 

720X720-ml-indpres-dragevuul11-1.jpg

I forgot I picked that one up last time there was percent off sale on MMF. It's Huge size so 3 inch base (same size as titan or fire giants in 5e). Thou the holiday adventure has a silver dragon that I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on (Epic - 50% sale), so I may end up just printing that instead. At least the metal guy here is in pieces, so technically I could print it on the mini4k. I still wanna print it on the bigger one, just to see all the pieces on one plate. He'll be used in a 17th level adventure in the main story line.

A huge red dragon was the first big thing I printed on my Saturn 2. It just felt right. Said goodbye to half a litre of resin though!

• Like 5

Ok, finally pulled the trigger on my MMF BF sale, not to bad, around 40 bucks for about 75 to 80 dollars worth or retail price figures. Mainly ordered for my holiday & short AL game. I did pick up this little guy:

720X720-christmas-owlbear.jpg

I figured, I'd print it up sometime next month. Go along with the "crochet" ghost I picked up last month.

Ok, I just started the slicing process for the holiday stuff. I am blown away by the plate size! The red object is the sliver dragon in it's "cursed" form (a reindeer). I'll add it to the plate of course. Just figuring out what I want on the plate. Lots of gaps for smaller figures. This printer is gonna be fun to use.

screenShot__Wing_Left_-_Adult_Silver_Dragon_(Huge).png

• Like 7

Ok update on the Mighty's first plate of goodies. I ended up tossing onto the plate a ice queen mini from Labyrinth Models, a ice golem lunging from Lost Adventures Inc & their respective bases. I kinda forgot that LM's stuff is defaulted a bit bigger then standard rpg medium size. After resizing her, I place her on to the plate & sliced. It'll roughly take around 10 hrs for this one. So I think I'll get the printer ready here in a few so around 5 tonight, I should hopefully have an adult silver dragon & BBEG for the holiday adventure.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah, that is nice. Oddly they put the code (& copy link) on each page vs the other way for sales. I don't think it would have been as much of a hassle.

So LoTP got me. I'll drop em before the 29th of course. I guess the big piece is what I really wanted & 10.00 for that & so much more, yah no brainer there.

720X720-mousin-thegreatowl-attack-helmet

Their Mousin line is beyond adorable.  I picked up the first one when it came out and came back for November for this one too.  I have to admit I have yet to print any of them as I'm trying desperately to make a dent in my printed but not yet painted pile, but several of the pieces will be printed eventually.  Just so darn cute!  

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Rahz said:

Their Mousin line is beyond adorable.  I picked up the first one when it came out and came back for November for this one too.  I have to admit I have yet to print any of them as I'm trying desperately to make a dent in my printed but not yet painted pile, but several of the pieces will be printed eventually.  Just so darn cute!  

If & when I make a return trip to RCon, I'd love to try & enter that piece into the contest, as I love the scene - a armored owl vs a tiny mouse with simple weapons. It reminds me of Secret of NIMH. One of my favorite movies as a kid. (Hmmm interesting, I didn't know Wil Wheaton & Shannon Dougherty were in that movie. I had to look it up for old time sake. I think I may need to watch it again soon!)

My only complaint is one file has the owl on the tree with mice underneath it & the other is face-off. I'm hoping you can combine these two together.

22 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Has anyone come across a 3D printable brush holder they really like?  Maybe something that can at least hold a few GW pots and/or dropper bottles?

How about a mini-holder?

I know Fat Dragon has one, pretty simple in design. If your really looking, try thingiverse over MMF as almost every time a holder comes out to retail, there will be copycat'ers making it as a printable file.

As far as brush holders, I haven't really looked as I've got Reaper's holders & I used a tall bamboo cup I got at the art store in Eugene, last time I was over there. I also use the silicon one from Game Envy (when I remember I have it, ha ha).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Has anyone come across a 3D printable brush holder they really like?  Maybe something that can at least hold a few GW pots and/or dropper bottles?

How about a mini-holder?

I rather like "Dropper Bottle Flat Rack" by UpInAtoms over on Printables.  It's currently how I store my Reaper paints while I decide what my plan is with them.  Haven't done any brush holders though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heh, I couldn't turn off the alarm while printing, so my wife is gonna hear a very loud ding in about 3 minutes. I told her before I went to bed so she said, just close the door before you go to work tonight. I didn't get to printing till later in the day, as I forgot I wanted to swap out the factory fep for a nfep sheet.

Looking forward to my prints when I get home. I caught a glimpse  of the printer before I left & I at least have something waiting for me.

• Like 4

On 11/24/2023 at 4:09 AM, sumbloke said:

Funnily enough I think someone at Bambu also saw that video because apparently at least the X1 has a special mode for filament drying and includes the instruction to cover with a box.  I'll have to check out if the P1P also has it.  Exploring the menus in the little screen isn't the most enjoyable bit of the P1P experience.

I actually saw that but am currently looking for something to just keep the spool ready to print.  Currently I'm in "Print All of the Terrain" mode so I don't think it's going to be an issue for a while.

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 1