3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hate how MMF sends out notifications about posts to Tribes versus how Patreon does it?   Patreon just sends the post by email so you can read the update in your email if you want.  Tribes sents you a generic notice that something was posted, with a 'click here' text that isn't clickable and a non-intuitive graphic for the button below that point, which of course requries you to be logged in to read it if it's a Tribers only post....  Seems like there'd be a better way to handle this.  Oh wait, there is and Patreon did it years ago...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Whoops, I know Fat Dragon Games has some scenery & I know I have purchased those sets I need, but I can't recall what the files are called. So I put in the search bar to bring up the maker. I was wondering why nothing came up, then I looked at the text "faRt dragon"....ummm that explains allot!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neatpete said:

Thank you!

I can’t stand it! I’ve stopped looking in my inbox at this point. Just check my library and see what’s there.

Anymore, I do the same. It's pretty much "hey, you got your new files for the month" messages or if they have it a paint contest. I'll eventually look at my library & I'll go through the files after the first of the month.

I will admit, I'm getting tired of the Dungeon Blocks Frontier emails. I need to see if I can block those, but I think those are general announcement type emails. I mean they are nice, but something I'll never use. It reminds me of Lair KS emails. Ok, yes, you have dragons. I have those files now. I don't want or need to hear from you again, unless I'm interested in those again.....

Ok, finally pulled the trigger on the "The Adventure" MMF+ monthly package. I mainly wanted the Dragonbane content. It seems like this will be a 12 month effort which sounds like they'll follow the adventures in the box set. You'll get the minis for the critters, which is very cool. This month's has you start in a small village & you get the 5 pre-gen artwork/characters as your stl files to download. Pretty cool, as I'd rather have those then tokens or generic minis whenever I try to start a Db game at the store again.

Thee are the other benefits:

1 chapter of the “Dragonbane” adventure every month

Monthly monster STLs by Titan Forge from the “Dragonbane” story by Free League

Access to unbeatable deals from partners and industry leaders (there is a 30% code to a store called: Chronicle Cards. Allot of designer rpg dice, but there are some miniature painting products. High prices thou.)

Loot Box of 20 premium Objects including miniatures and adventure modules every month

10% discount to all Store objects (stackable with other discounts!)

No ads

Adventurer badge on your profile

Support the 3D printing community

• Like 1

Just threw in some Jange He Art-Engineering resin into the GKTwo.  The Last Sword elves that printed look quite nice but some supports failed so I'll have to dial it in, I guess.  Printing some calibration stuff now.

Last_Elves_JangHe_Test_1.thumb.jpg.b76273cef737ee07150a803c039dbafa.jpg

Also last sword supports seem to get the job done but require more cleanup than something from OnePage normally would.

• Like 4

Why, oh why are the wires on the thermistor so darn fine?!  Every time I have to take things apart (minor clog this time) I break the darn thing and then it's pretty much a full machine tear-down to run the new wires though... 

This is one of those things where, there has to be a better way...  Elegoo Neptune 2 for reference (basically an Ender clone).  Are there options out there with a heavier wire?  I haven't been able to track any down as yet.  

🙃

• Like 1

I'm actually motivated to start sending feedback suggestions through MMF's form.  I suspect that the form probably points at a file 86 google sheet, but if all everyone does is gripe about it in priviate groups there's no chance they're hearing it. 

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 3

Wow, I really wish there was a % off site sale on MMF right now, ha ha. I have a bunch of maybe files & I don't need them right away, but they bugging me, not having them in my library or at least, pick the ones I really want to use kinda thing.

(why yes, some of these are for RCon (if I go) next year. ::D:)

• Like 1