3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

Anne

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, Cygnwulf said:

True.  I guess the old grognard in me still objects to not being able to just buy a software package once and be done anymore.  It's all about recurring revenue streams now....

FormWare is Buy Once.   

Anyway...    

My Ender 3 MAX is misbehaving, so I'm bribing it with some new parts...    

The Micro-swiss Bowden Dual Gear Extruder.  

The brass wheel of the old extruder feels a bit worn, so this was probably in the nick of time anyways.   

Just one problem. The filament sensor doesn't fit any more. I've bodged it up so it hangs in there for now, though.   

A quick check of the X-axis showed that it was NOT level any more, either, and the design is just pants. I'll have to much about with tolerances and stuff and see if I can get it back into position.   

I'll make some exentric nuts to do it properly later. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Anyone have experience printing OnePageRules Terrain?  Is it set up more for resin printing than for FDM?

They only recently started making Small terrain for resin.

Almost everything is FDM. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got my Ender 3 MAX adjusted close enough to correct that I could try another print...   

It was still making clicking noises and uneven extrusion, though.    

Today I got a package with those Blue PTFE tubes that Creality has. They're supposedly even slipperier than regular. And a package of 'cleaning filament'...   

did a 'cold pull'(heated to 230, pulled the blue PLA I was using, pushed the cleaning filament in, turned the heat down to 90, waited until it cooled, then pulled the cleaning filament out), but it didn't look bad...

Removed the PTFE tube, and... it was missing a 2x4mm section across it about 5 or 6mm from the end. 

Ouch!   

Replaced the nozzle because I suspect the missing material is in it, and also installed the new PTFE tube. Now I just need to level the bed... again... 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I got my Ender 3 MAX adjusted close enough to correct that I could try another print...   

It was still making clicking noises and uneven extrusion, though.    

Today I got a package with those Blue PTFE tubes that Creality has. They're supposedly even slipperier than regular. And a package of 'cleaning filament'...   

did a 'cold pull'(heated to 230, pulled the blue PLA I was using, pushed the cleaning filament in, turned the heat down to 90, waited until it cooled, then pulled the cleaning filament out), but it didn't look bad...

Removed the PTFE tube, and... it was missing a 2x4mm section across it about 5 or 6mm from the end. 

Ouch!   

Replaced the nozzle because I suspect the missing material is in it, and also installed the new PTFE tube. Now I just need to level the bed... again... 

Is that Capricorn brand or something different?

I'm wondering if that blue tube was sent with the CR-6.....hmmmm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Is that Capricorn brand or something different?

I'm wondering if that blue tube was sent with the CR-6.....hmmmm

Yeah, I believe it was Capricorn.   

Just couldn't remember the name when I posted last night.   

That stuff deforms a lot easier than the regular PTFE tubing, though, so DO NOT use pliers to cut it. Sharp knife only.  

• Like 3

Finally got off my butt and cleaned my dirty isopropyl and replaced the broken spinner on my wash station so I could print for the first time since November.

I still have to change a broken FEP on my second tank and replace some semi-working LEDs on my curing station, but at least I’m printing again.

• Like 6

Sliced my first files in quite awhile yesterday.  3 huge dead trees from Cast n Play.

I may attempt to get them printed today. I need to see if the the Mega4k is working correctly.  

• Like 3