Sign in to follow this  
Anne

3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

NNNOOOO!!!
You can get her for FREE!

If she's the onyl one you want, she's available as a sample

Thanks for the heads up. I'll prob go after the lizardman boss then using the boss code.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zink said:

This popped up in my youtube suggestions today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbzPkeEMrV0 Tempting idea to do when I get the printer. We wore out my set of Heroquest and I'd use it for other dungeon crawlers too.

Well THERE went an hour and a half...:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Well THERE went an hour and a half...:lol:

I've been watching too many political and news videos on youtube since the world went crazy. This was much nicer. But it also got me looking at more places for stls. I need to be careful or the printer won't be a money saving investment. :lol: Especially interested in some minis from Dungeonworks and wondering if they'll print on an fdm printer.

• Like 6

The first try at this gnome lady ended up with her right arm not supported enough and becoming a lump in the vat.

But take two came out well.

Spoiler

102391309_309557510211420_7841310523700922227_n.jpg.4bbbdd6be32ccaedbe6b66de58eb1060.jpg

• Like 5

Warforged came out great but unless he's facing 15mm figures, I kinda of a pipsqueek......

I really need to learn how to scale better....:blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Arutema said:

The first try at this gnome lady ended up with her right arm not supported enough and becoming a lump in the vat.

But take two came out well.

Hide contents

Congrats!

11 hours ago, haldir said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll prob go after the lizardman boss then using the boss code.

PM sent.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, haldir said:

Warforged came out great but unless he's facing 15mm figures, I kinda of a pipsqueek......

I really need to learn how to scale better....:blink:

There's a free "mini scaler" on thingiverse that is very useful.  I drop it in many pieces, if nothing else to gauge base size as the scaler has a vertical ruler and base sizes on the bottom.  Just remember to remove it before you slice... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rahz said:

There's a free "mini scaler" on thingiverse that is very useful.  I drop it in many pieces, if nothing else to gauge base size as the scaler has a vertical ruler and base sizes on the bottom.  Just remember to remove it before you slice... 

Yah I did have one from Printable Scenery. It must be on my older computer. I should download it again, it was really helpful.

I decided to join up with Printed Obsession Patreon,  yesterday before we headed off for car shopping for my son. Looks interesting + the discount code helps in a purchase from MMF.

• Like 6

@Gadgetman!

I actually ended up finding some at Home Depot.  All back up and running now!

started printing some hobgoblin warg riders.  I’ve got 2 done and will print at least 2 more

8B6DD171-907C-4EED-A3DE-A5BD16758250.jpeg

C2960393-75AD-47F3-91E9-C3FF0C78EBE0.jpeg

4F744EC0-D9AA-4F49-8E4C-389C8F039C90.jpeg

• Like 6

@PurpleLlama Those look nice. Who's the maker?

Decided since I know the animated broom is at a good size, printing those up. I started one this morning after my wife got up for work & thought it'll be done when I wake up but of course, no sleep yet for me. So took that one out did all the post work for it  & started anther one! I'll be halfway to 6 for these. Now watch the players won't mess with the box or won't start a mess & these will all be for naught. ha ha. 

I'm hoping to have my Ender 3 working by the end of the week. In the big encounter, the warforged arrive in a Tank like vehicle which has it's own stats or at least it does while there is a 'forged driving it. It has a ram action. I picked up a stone juggernaut prepainted mini from Tomb of Annihilation set awhile back but I thought with me having my printer going, I'd rather find something that looks better. Lo & behold found something on mmf, that I really like. Problem it's too big for the Photon S plate, gonna need the Ender for this one. Funny thing is the "creature" is only Gargantuan size (15 x 15 feet or 3x3 squares) so it's not that big, just too big for the resin printer.

• Like 4

@haldir

Its from role playing miniatures.  They have a Patreon page, this one I just got from MMF.  They have a couple of other nice hobgoblins as well.  

i definitely hear you on the size issue.  Anything bigger than a large size mini doesn’t fit on the standard resin printers.  I have a Tarasque from Artisan Guild that prints in like 15 pieces.

You could try using the Windows app to split the model and print it in a couple of pieces.  It’s kind of a pain and not user friendly,  but I’ve used it before.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SamuraiJack said:

Interesting.. 3D skulpt supposedly sculptable filament 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xu_I1No7NI

I was about to post something about that. ::D:

Busy buying stls this morning. btw, rocketpig has a 35%  off code off their own site. Code is on there facebook page. Also printing away on those brooms. Funny how, a change of software & resin color changed everything for me. Now I just gotta fine tune my prints. I noticed the squirrel assassin's detail is not a sharp as it could be.

• Like 5

Speaking of successful print. Is there anything else besides side nippers & a exacto blade to remove supports? Just curious what other methods are out there. Some of the tight ones are a pita to remove.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, haldir said:

Speaking of successful print. Is there anything else besides side nippers & a exacto blade to remove supports? Just curious what other methods are out there. Some of the tight ones are a pita to remove.

I only use nippers and exacto, but I also almost never use heavy supports, only light and medium

• Like 1