3D Printing General Discussion (merged)

I need to decide what minis I want to print off & put in the Goodwill box. I'm trying to get the box out on Weds this week, so who knows.

Warforged came out very nice (he currently "cooking" in the UV light due to anther rainy day today). It looks big, but I think it's the way he looks like: He's built like a offensive lineman in football. ha ha

Fixed "Tippy" the squirrel, all I needed to do was glue a  .05 cent piece to the bottom.

I decided to work on the next adventure after the one I'm gonna run on the 6th next month. Figured might as well since, I'm gonna to run bi-weekly & share the GM duties with anther guy that had a great game going before the shutdown. This one is mostly undead, some unique undead like a warforged wight & a ogre zombie.

• Like 8
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far into the future, when our civilisation has ended and exists only as mere whispers of myths, Archaeologists will enter a forbitting cave and gingerly make their way into its depths.    There t

Always go with the Corgi!   Also I printed a thing! (6 sided die for scale )  

So, I was on the line with an EPAX rep the other day trying to determine if the X1-k would meet the print quality needs we are looking for to produce master copies (close but probably not quite).  Any

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, haldir said:

I need to decide what minis I want to print off & put in the Goodwill box. I'm trying to get the box out on Weds this week, so who knows.

Warforged came out very nice (he currently "cooking" in the UV light due to anther rainy day today). It looks big, but I think it's the way he looks like: He's built like a offensive lineman in football. ha ha

Fixed "Tippy" the squirrel, all I needed to do was glue a  .05 cent piece to the bottom.

I decided to work on the next adventure after the one I'm gonna run on the 6th next month. Figured might as well since, I'm gonna to run bi-weekly & share the GM duties with anther guy that had a great game going before the shutdown. This one is mostly undead, some unique undead like a warforged wight & a ogre zombie.

Which Warforged set is it?  The Warforged Wizard that was in our Box of Goodwill is one of the things that pushed me over for a resin printer...though I missed out on them in the Patreon!

• Like 3

The 2 'forges I've done so far are these:

Warforged ver.1 by Schlossbauer (Myminifactory)

Warforged ver 2 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3839159

Same designer but his thingiverse account has allot more different sculpts this MMF!!

#2 is the giant one, thou I did use a scale file, but it still came out big. (think like Andre the Giant size)

• Like 6
2 hours ago, haldir said:

The 2 'forges I've done so far are these:

Warforged ver.1 by Schlossbauer (Myminifactory)

Warforged ver 2 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3839159

Same designer but his thingiverse account has allot more different sculpts this MMF!!

#2 is the giant one, thou I did use a scale file, but it still came out big. (think like Andre the Giant size)

I queued #2 up recently since the upgrade to resin.  I have an FDM print of them but it wasn't the same.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Is that a wrecked MD-80?  looks broccoli-ing sweet.

I think its based on an MD-80.  the tail section is printing now. 

It also has two wrecked wings but I don't know if I will be printing them just because I don't know if they add much to the overall impression

That, and I sort of like the idea that someone made off with the wings for fenceline ::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The wings sheared off when the plane hit some sturdy trees. The fuselage continued to glide a little longer while breaking up but the wings were left behind...

The DC-9 design with tailmounted engines means there's nothing to hold the wings off the ground when it crashlands, so it will do a proper belly-flop and skid onwards, unlike a 737 or 747 where the engines will hit the ground before the body. (If the engine on one side touches before the other side, or has a lot more friction against the ground, it'll cause the wreck to swing about, break off the wings and start rolling while breaking apart.)

• Like 4

I *think* my micro sd card for the Ender is finally dying.  I've been having random issues for a while now but the last day or so it seems to be every print is just stopping extruding or something, but if I send commands it extrudes fine.....

I'd at least like to remove that as an option. Of course I can't find a spare around here anywhere.  I was going to grab on at Best Buy at lunch, but I had 5 minutes to run in a grab one and when I got there there were at least 8 people lined up outside waiting to get in (why is Best Buy so popular on a Tuesday at 5 to 1 in the afternoon?). So it'll have to wait......

(maybe I should finally get the micro sd to sd converter.....I've got SD cards all over the place.....)

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

(maybe I should finally get the micro sd to sd converter.....I've got SD cards all over the place.....)

I bought one for the same reason.  That and I don't like handling the tiny micro-SD cards.

The only complaint for the one I bought is the ribbon cable is way too long.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Clearman said:

I bought one for the same reason.  That and I don't like handling the tiny micro-SD cards.

The only complaint for the one I bought is the ribbon cable is way too long.

Just ordered a 2 pack (was as cheap as a single) and 5 pack of cards.  Looks like the big river is getting closer to normal for shipping...it should all be here by Friday.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I *think* my micro sd card for the Ender is finally dying.  I've been having random issues for a while now but the last day or so it seems to be every print is just stopping extruding or something, but if I send commands it extrudes fine.....

I'd at least like to remove that as an option. Of course I can't find a spare around here anywhere.  I was going to grab on at Best Buy at lunch, but I had 5 minutes to run in a grab one and when I got there there were at least 8 people lined up outside waiting to get in (why is Best Buy so popular on a Tuesday at 5 to 1 in the afternoon?). So it'll have to wait......

Do get one of those converters. I have one glued to my WanHao...   

(If you're just a tiny bit careless when inserting a uSD card on a i3 v1, it'll slip between the wall of the slot and the edge of the hole in the casing, and then you have to take the controller housing apart... Also, uSD slots are weak and will eventually fail some way or other. And the cards are just too fiddly)

The Ender has some sort of 'continuation' function to help the user elf up the print further by resuming it after a powr fail, right?    

Well, that function is based on writing ot the uSD card often. That will eventually fail the card.  

And cards are cheap, toss them at the first sign of irregularity.

• Like 3
  • TaleSpinner changed the title to 3D Printing General Discussion (merged)
  • TaleSpinner pinned this topic