Knight of the Dinner Table

[SPLIT] 3d printers

FDG tiles were one of the main things I was planning to print when I got my printer.  I still don't think I've printed any....

Between deciding to build a board for CAV, and getting hooked on Sci-Fi vehicles, and then moving away from my play group, they dropped way down the queue.

Reminds me, Tom sent out a preview link for his upcoming KS the other day.  I should track that down and check it out...

• Like 5

Go figure. After two years of my Snapmaker not being operational, I finally managed to get it up and running over the long weekend. What happens? The very first print job that I queue, some frame pieces for the enclosure so I can make it about 120mm taller, and 90-95% into the print job and the pieces get knocked over leaving me with a birds nest. ::(: 

• Sad 6

5 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

FDG tiles were one of the main things I was planning to print when I got my printer.  I still don't think I've printed any....

Between deciding to build a board for CAV, and getting hooked on Sci-Fi vehicles, and then moving away from my play group, they dropped way down the queue.

Reminds me, Tom sent out a preview link for his upcoming KS the other day.  I should track that down and check it out...

It just go to the KS preview page (which is on here.)

I never used supports on the few tiles I printed out. Thou when I printed a tower quarter floor, that is when my problem/blob of death occurred....sigh. I see allot of people print the basic floor tiles on their side & a boatload of them at a time. I'm not sure how long it take, but I guess if you can do it, go for it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, haldir said:

It just go to the KS preview page (which is on here.)

I never used supports on the few tiles I printed out. Thou when I printed a tower quarter floor, that is when my problem/blob of death occurred....sigh. I see allot of people print the basic floor tiles on their side & a boatload of them at a time. I'm not sure how long it take, but I guess if you can do it, go for it.

i wonder if that takes more or less time.  i might have to give that a try

right now a 4x4 cottage takes 21 hours of build time.  Seriously considering making molds for the rooftops and gluing them together

• Like 2

Does anyone have any suggestions for stopping those big bed adjustment dials on the Ender from unwinding during a print?  mine keep unscrewing themselves.  i probably need to lower the z stop so i can put more tension on the bed but that is a job for the future.  however, since i have to make adjustments, loctite is not an option.

thanks

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for stopping those big bed adjustment dials on the Ender from unwinding during a print?  mine keep unscrewing themselves.  i probably need to lower the z stop so i can put more tension on the bed but that is a job for the future.  however, since i have to make adjustments, loctite is not an option.

thanks

If they thread on enough for a 2nd nut to fit, get 4 and screw them on to block the wheels.
I've never really had that issue.  There is also a general recommendation to upgrade to the yellow springs.  I've them on for most of the time I've had it and only relevel my bed every few months normally.

• Like 2

When I upgraded to a glass bed, I also installed the stronger yellow springs and raised the z-stop enough so I could have the springs half compressed.  I've never had an issue with the adjustment knobs unscrewing.

• Like 3

Hrmph, I printed 4 of the 5 new mummies, worked awesome.

But when cleaning I managed to cut off the tail of both the panther and the jackal mummy.

Need to reglue them, it will work but it's annoying.

Also, instead of IPA I used Mr. Clean this time for the minis.

Works fine, but they get slippery.

Dunked them in hot water after that, as always, staid slippery..

Probably one of the reasons I lost control and cut those tails.

I will use the IPA to clean the build plate and Mr. Clean for the minis for a while.

IPA is like €10 while Mr. Clean is like €2 around here...

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hrmph, I printed 4 of the 5 new mummies, worked awesome.

But when cleaning I managed to cut off the tail of both the panther and the jackal mummy.

Need to reglue them, it will work but it's annoying.

Also, instead of IPA I used Mr. Clean this time for the minis.

Works fine, but they get slippery.

Dunked them in hot water after that, as always, staid slippery..

Probably one of the reasons I lost control and cut those tails.

I will use the IPA to clean the build plate and Mr. Clean for the minis for a while.

IPA is like €10 while Mr. Clean is like €2 around here...

Depending on what the Mr. Clean is, maybe using detergent in the water will help with the slipperyness?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

Depending on what the Mr. Clean is, maybe using detergent in the water will help with the slipperyness?

The Mr. Clean version I'm using is an all purpose cleaner which helps degreasing.

An other alternative is the red methylated spirit I have, will try that on some supports soon to see if it doesn't melt the resin.

All in all I love the 3D printing aspect of the hobby.

Only drawback is my desk is filling with so many minis, I fear I will never be able to paint them.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to restrain myself a bit.

*** Presses Print on the Elegoo Mars, subscribes for a new Patreon***

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh well, I guess I will just have to restrain myself a bit.

*** Presses Print on the Elegoo Mars, subscribes for a new Patreon***

You know you could just press Print less & subscribe to fewer Patreons. I'd say that is restraining. :lol:

That reminds me I need to decide here soon if I wanna continue with Bombshell's Patreon. Great stuff & I love Patrick's work, just not sure I'm getting what I want out of it vs putting it onto anther Patreon. Also, there is anther one I wanna do as well, I just don't want to have too many at a time.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, haldir said:

You know you could just press Print less & subscribe to fewer Patreons. I'd say that is restraining. :lol:

That reminds me I need to decide here soon if I wanna continue with Bombshell's Patreon. Great stuff & I love Patrick's work, just not sure I'm getting what I want out of it vs putting it onto anther Patreon. Also, there is anther one I wanna do as well, I just don't want to have too many at a time.

I get that. I only have one right now but am thinking about a second one, at least for June because I saw what's coming for that month.

But I do want to be careful, I don't want too many monthly fees turning up.

On the other hand, getting what I want for that month will be cheaper than wait for it to hit the stores and buy it then ( if it will be available there at all)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, haldir said:

Personally, I'd say that not subscribing to ALL the patreons already is restraining.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Personally, I'd say that not subscribing to ALL the patreons already is restraining.....

WHAT HE SAID!!!!::P:

• Like 3

Call it 'helping an artist put food on the table during these troubled times'...  

See, you HAVE TO get alle the Patreons. It's your duty!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4