Knight of the Dinner Table

[SPLIT] 3d printers

Last parts printed fine.

There is a little resin left in the VAT, I wonder if it will be enough to print a mini or something small.

Awaiting new resin probably Friday!

Here are all the parts, last part is the tail, curing.

Five total, huge beastie!

20200628_145743.jpg

20200630_195935.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

Well, tray is done. I guess you can say 50% success rate????

The doc, came out ok but is missing a leg (like the dolgrim) with a splayed out part. Again, just like the dolgrim. Any ideas?

Igor, came out really nice. The detail is allot better then before. It's not perfect but for a NPC that really I didn't need a mini, it'll work

Claw, came out good & hey no missing fingers!!

Feet. ummmm ok those weren't even there, just the supports. I may have made them too small. That one came out allot smaller then I thought it would.

Anyone know if the "plate" in Chitubox has a scale on it (like the squares equal a inch or whatever)? I'm still having scaling problems. Something I really need to read up on or watch on youtube Since my scale guy was 30mm height, I found a 28 mm meter that I like better. Thou it does say too small every time I put it into the slicer. If I scale it up it's way to big. So far, thou it works.

I'm printing up that halfling now (sliced & re-worked correctly this time). I'm gonna see how that one comes out before tweaking the setting again.

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Last parts printed fine.

There is a little resin left in the VAT, I wonder if it will be enough to print a mini or something small.

Awaiting new resin probably Friday!

Here are all the parts, last part is the tail, curing.

Five total, huge beastie!

20200628_145743.jpg

20200630_195935.jpg

That one the minis in AG's offering this month?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, haldir said:

The doc, came out ok but is missing a leg (like the dolgrim) with a splayed out part. Again, just like the dolgrim. Any ideas?

Igor, came out really nice. The detail is allot better then before. It's not perfect but for a NPC that really I didn't need a mini, it'll work

Claw, came out good & hey no missing fingers!!

Feet. ummmm ok those weren't even there, just the supports. I may have made them too small. That one came out allot smaller then I thought it would.

Anyone know if the "plate" in Chitubox has a scale on it (like the squares equal a inch or whatever)? I'm still having scaling problems. Something I really need to read up on or watch on youtube Since my scale guy was 30mm height, I found a 28 mm meter that I like better. Thou it does say too small every time I put it into the slicer. If I scale it up it's way to big. So far, thou it works.

I'm printing up that halfling now (sliced & re-worked correctly this time). I'm gonna see how that one comes out before tweaking the setting again.

That one the minis in AG's offering this month?

Minimonster Mayhem June Bugs.

They're modular, 3 different heads, different body options.

I went for this one

image.png.312196c321d80cce8b922888bbcca6e3.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

NIce! I thought with all the sharp points it was one of those bugs? this month's offering was riding.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haldir said:

NIce! I thought with all the sharp points it was one of those bugs? this month's offering was riding.

That would be the Zeek from Artisan Guild you're referring to.

Got that printed as well.

20200615_204324.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Can you post a photo of the splayed out part - it really sounds like the print isn't releasing from the FEP every layer, then at some point releasing. This may be a support issue, but it may be something else - is it the same location on the print bed or a different location each time?

think the squares in chitubox are 10mm. If I'm not sure of scale of something I'll actually load it into 3d Builder first and measure it, then work out my scaling there. If I am scaling something to fit a specific size I scale in the slicer with the model flat to the plate (in whatever dimension I need to fit it in!)

• Like 4

There is a model in MyMiniFactory called Sgt. Scalesby  The miniature scaling dummy. He is not meant to print but to help you scale you miniatures. He goes from 6mm to 54mm. Kinda handy to be honest.

• Like 2

I'm starting to get frustrated.  I'm printing the 3 pieces of the keel of an airship on my Ender 3.  The front (a1) printed fine.  The back (c1) printed fine.  The middle (b1) I've tried to print 3 times, having sliced it twice, and every time at the end of the first layer it is doing "something" that causes a clog in the nozzle.

All 3 are using the same profile.  All three are oriented the same way on the bed.

I is confused.

The only good thing is it fails after one layer, so it isn't wasting much filament.

I'm going to try rotating it on the build plate, but still leave it oriented flat, since the others printed flat just fine.

It's just weird......

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Standifer said:

There is a model in MyMiniFactory called Sgt. Scalesby  The miniature scaling dummy. He is not meant to print but to help you scale you miniatures. He goes from 6mm to 54mm. Kinda handy to be honest.

This is what Sid Scale is from Printable Scenery, but he's 30mm. You can get him in other scales, but for my purposes 30 is the closest number. Granted that fits with most stl minis I've noticed + doesn't look too bad when compared to Reaper minis as well. I do use prepainted & Nolzur's which are closer to 28mm. I found this one the other day (this is the one that chitubox says is too small every time I insert onto the build plate):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2646818

Oddly, it was the only one that came up last I searched for a 28mm ruler on thingiverse. Tonight I came across this one, I need to download it tomorrow when I get home from work (& on the main computer) & see how it works. I like the base sizes on the bottom of it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3649454

I think that halfling is cursed. Came downstairs after sleeping for a couple hours & the job was done but no halfling?? I drained the vat & there he was! He was a "Flat"ling!! <_< Scrapped him off & cleaned up the vat & re-poured a new batch of resin & decided to print something else. Hopefully, this mini doesn't end up the same. Also, I think I saved the printoff of the Doc, but I may have tossed it after seeing if he details had turned out better (minus the funky no leg spur of course). I'll take a pic of it if I still have it & post it tomorrow.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I'm starting to get frustrated.  I'm printing the 3 pieces of the keel of an airship on my Ender 3.  The front (a1) printed fine.  The back (c1) printed fine.  The middle (b1) I've tried to print 3 times, having sliced it twice, and every time at the end of the first layer it is doing "something" that causes a clog in the nozzle.

All 3 are using the same profile.  All three are oriented the same way on the bed.

I is confused.

The only good thing is it fails after one layer, so it isn't wasting much filament.

I'm going to try rotating it on the build plate, but still leave it oriented flat, since the others printed flat just fine.

It's just weird......

Try running the .stl through a checker. 

Maybe FormWare's free online STL Repair?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I is confused.

It's just weird......

If it's the sintel crusier, I've seen several reports n the discord that Medium FDM B1has some weird geometry and cura's handling it weird.  most of them were around 2 weeks ago so it's possible Benny and Co. have got a fixed version up.  some people have suggested flattening by face and then putting it on a raft as helping but not always.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

If it's the sintel crusier, I've seen several reports n the discord that Medium FDM B1has some weird geometry and cura's handling it weird.  most of them were around 2 weeks ago so it's possible Benny and Co. have got a fixed version up.  some people have suggested flattening by face and then putting it on a raft as helping but not always.

That's the one.  Glad to know it's not just me.  Not really a fan of discord so I haven't gotten around to joining.

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if anything new has been put up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

That's the one.  Glad to know it's not just me.  Not really a fan of discord so I haven't gotten around to joining.

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if anything new has been put up.

No problem. I've asked for confirmation if either the file has been fixed or if a fix was found.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I've always loved Raging Heroes sculpts, just not their cast product..  July's crop looks amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVIcX8vbZ1w&feature=emb_logo

Pretty models.

I do like the centaurs and the Owl Rider and the female pixie!

Pfff, there's too much good stuff out there these days. Weird to say, right?

But how are we going to print and paint all of them?

Gimme a potion of immortality and unlimited funds now!

• Like 2