Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Give Thanks to the Thanks God!(November Hobby Goals)

Yeah, I know its WAY early, but I had an idea for the title and I didn't want "anyone else" to take my job this time! :P

Anywho, what are your Hobby Goals for November! Mine are..

--Finish prep work for online D&D mini campaign "Swinedimples School for Adventures 10th year Reunion of the Class of 1291!"

--Finish Custom Medusa Mini for very late "Box of Many Things" exchange(late due to illness)

--Schedule a [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] Sunday night Online D&D game session!

GF

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I had a personal goal of painting 100 minis for the year of 2019. I passed that goal last night after work. Admittedly, some of those paint jobs were for ReaperCon, high level tabletop and then tabletop speed paints. So now I'm just building on that total and working on stuff for gaming alongside entries for next year!! 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

Yeah, I know its WAY early, but I had an idea for the title and I didn't want "anyone else" to take my job this time! :P

Anywho, what are your Hobby Goals for November! Mine are..

--Finish prep work for online D&D mini campaign "Swinedimples School for Adventures 10th year Reunion of the Class of 1291!"

--Finish Custom Medusa Mini for very late "Box of Many Things" exchange(late due to illness)

--Schedule a [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] Sunday night Online D&D game session!

GF

Come on it's WAaaaayy to early. I haven't even posted my October goals yet. Mainly because I've only managed to paint an hour all month and have no idea if I'll actually finish my Halloween idea. Simple goal for October and November, paint anything to completion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

Anywho, what are your Hobby Goals for November!

Spending ten days in Florida, so I'm not sure much will get done the first half of the month. 

Making up for it with my annual Thanksgiving Paint Binge

Big local game con the week before Thankgiving, still have to get our badges. 

Anything else is too far out to plan. 

• Like 6

I wouldn’t want to jinx October’s remaining work by setting up November goals this early...

But it will probably be “more of the same” when I’m ready.

• Like 6

Close enough, might as well get mine in for the month....

• Paint a gnoll, a minotaur, and a CAV - maybe a murder-rat too
  • Get colours blocked in on my HaqqIslam units
  • Get colours blocked in on hubby's USARF minis
  • Build the second Salvora Governmental Complex I have sitting there waiting for me to get to it
  • Finish modifying the Neon Lotus terrain
  • Modify the Navajo Outpost terrain I have
Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5

Keeping with my 2019 goals, in November I plan to:

1. Paint a ranger from my annual box
  2. Paint a new wizard for Frostgrave Perilous Dark
  3. Paint a large monster
  4. Paint this month's Mithril miniature

My long term goals for 2019:

Paint all the figures in the annual box ( I am down to 1)

Continue my current Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign and perhaps work on two mini campaigns

Paint three entries for miniature painting competitions this year. It has increased to five. (4 down and that is as far as I got)

Run a Call of Cthulhu game for my roleplaying group

Paint character minis for all the players in my D&D group. (on track with seven)

Paint a Mithril miniature each month (on track with eleven)

buckyball

• Like 9

I'm going to try for a Minvember - with 20 figures painted by the end of the month. If I can keep three various states of progress each day I will be happy.

I have already beaten my normal output and finished 102 for the year, up from my consistent  94-98 for the last 3 years.

but I am behind on Dragons.  I have painted 3 per year each of the last 3 years and currently only painted 2.  I am not going to have time with this month's goals. 

Frost Giant Scenic Base.

wait till after Nov. 15th and add the core set to my KS pledge.  

1. Female Antipaladin 

2. Halfling adventuress (metal) 

3. an armored guy with sword and axe 

4-20?

• Like 9

Aight. Well, looking back over the last two months... I painted 42 minis in September and 27 in October, according to my spreadsheet. That puts me at 69 so far this 'year' - I've decided that, for simplicity's sake, my 'year' will be Reapercon to Reapercon, since most of my other hobby goals will be oriented that way. With that said, I'm thirty-one minis away from 100, so I'll make that my zesty goal number for November!

I've got a good list of things to work on, too. Having finished two 'large groups of simular minis' projects and almost completed a third, I think I'll take a break before moving on to Zombies, since they're not immediately something I need for tabletop. Likewise, I'm going to table anything complicated and large - I really do need to do some of my orcs/bugbears/gnolls, but 31 means quantity over complexity, at least for one more month.

So, with that said, November:

8 - Finish the skeletons! Actually done at the time of writing, I had an unplanned day off so I spent all afternoon working on them.

3 - Basilisks! Two of the newer metal one and one of the older. Older is done, newer not. These lead directly into

10 - Stone Statues! What, more? A couple of these planned - I'm going to do one set that's two lizardfolk, a bow one and a club one, and two or three of the raptors, as if a lizardfolk party got ambushed, and one set consisting of a milkmaid, the shepherd from the nativity set, and 3 sheep, as if a basilisk has moved in and is hunting townsfolk... Or it could be something with a lower CR, like...

4 - Cockatrices! Because my FLGS has the pairs for 1.50 a pack.

That stuff aside, there will also be some commission/gameplay stuff to finish too! This stuff is on a time crunch, so...

1 - Grung shaman. Need to paint him up green for another player in my Wednesday night game!

1 - The Reaper Stocking Dragon! Need to finish painting him up as a baby silver dragon for my character in the Wednesday night game - Pleef!

2 - Of Reaper's Pumpkin Golem! I made a deal with my Thursday night DM that he'd buy us both a copy if I painted one for our game this Thursday. That's gonna be priority one as soon as it arrives!

That's got me to... 29 minis! So 30 and 31 will be, lets see...

1 - Diorama based off of Reaper's Sarcophagus, to round out my mummy stuff!

1 - Mummy king on throne (same)

And if I can do that I'll be happy. That said I'll be doing some other stuff also, time and interest permitting:

- Basing and painting my collection of Deep Ones and tribal Dinosaurians.

- Assembling and basing all 18 of my Reptus Warriors

- Basing all of my Veloceraptors and Reptus Lizards

- Working on my 5 centaurs.

Also I'm doing NaNoWriMo based off of my D&D universe so that'll be a thing.

• Like 9

-Start magicpunk centaur cop conversion for my Ravnica D&D PC - really ambitious for me, when I've done very little conversion or sculpting ever, but concept sketch done today, and the horse half mini is picked out. For this month, minimum pick out a mini for the human half and plan the sculpting for the lance and shield.

-Paint Thri-Kreen for Dark Sun game

-Paint any 5 small or medium beasts from stash

-Paint any 2 monsters from stash

-Actually buy myself a decent brush

• Like 7

I started strong this weekend with some terrain work, and I grabbed a handful of human-sized Bones 4 figures.  Beyond that, I don't think I'm planning; just going with the flow this month and hoping to get more done without worrying too much about what's NOT getting done.

• Like 7