77174 Leisynn Mercenary Mage: Lich conversion

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few WIP pics of the head. Basically it is a Wargames Factory, now Warlord, Skeleton head that I added leathery flesh, eyeballs and hair to. The staff was cut off and replaced with a bit of wire, then I sculpted the wood with greenstuff and added a crystal bitz that I had lying around. The chest was cleaned and then resculpted, once more using a skeleton chest as a basis for the visible mummified chest.

img_20190423_131637.jpg

img_20190423_182943.jpg

Edited by Peithetairos
  • Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By veoviscool12
      Overview

I'm working on a conversion for my partner's character in our Swords and Wizardry campaign. She's a half-elf rogue with red hair that dual-wields swords, but unfortunately Reaper doesn't sell an exact figure of that type. There are a couple of other figures that might have worked but we both really liked Lanelle's base, so I took on the task of converting her to wield two swords and carry a shield on her back.

The sword conversion wasn't too difficult; I bought three copies of Lanelle so I could take the sword from one and have a third as a back-up in case I messed something up. I carefully snipped off the sword, and used a pin vise to attach it. I used the baking soda and superglue combo to patch up a few small gaps. The shield was harvested from a 77024 goblin mini, and has a little pin in it which will attach to her back. I'm keeping them separate for now to ease painting.

The original figure; this is the backup.

The successful conversion; the red hair is stained from a previous attempted paint job that was removed with Simple Green.

You can see the gaps a little on this side, but they've very minor and I believe paint will help disguise it later.

There are no visible gaps on the outside.

The shield will be attached right in the center of of her back; if positioned correctly I think it'll
      just reach the sheath on her belt and give the illusion that the dagger is just hidden behind the shield.

The donor shield and unhappy goblin; I think this mini will make a nice battle-scarred goblin with a tragic past.
    • By Citrine
      I finished some townsfolk recently, they snuck into the queue ahead of my halfpainted drow squad. 😮

Fruit seller in metal (SKU 4023):

Farmer and beggar in Bones (SKU 77665):

• By Citrine
      Here are 2 Bones 3 ogres I finished in the last few months, Reaper Ogre Matriarch (SKU 77568) and Ogre Chieftain (SKU 77566) . The detail on the goblin was very soft, and my painting progress stopped for a couple of months.  But now they are finally ready for some tabletop fun.

• By Citrine
      This is the Reaper Bones Familiar from the Stone and Familiar set (SKU 77390).  He will be an important bard NPC in a Savage World game I am hoping to run sometime soon.

• By Metalchaos
      Since even cultists love fashion, I went with purple marble on this one. This is the Bones version of the 77139, Altar of Evil sculpted by Bob Olley.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 4 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)