ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

2 hours ago, NecroticDamage said:

Also, as I am new here, does anyone know on average these minis will take to hit retail once all waves of the kickstarter go out and are received? Or even ones from the previous kickstarters if they haven't hit the market yet?

It takes from a year to two years for the stuff to hit market.  Bones 4 was just delivered this past Spring, and very little has been released yet, as they only release 20-25 models a month so as not to flood distribution channels. As the number of total figures grows in these Kickstaters it takes longer to get them all out.    

Also, there are a very small handful of stuff that has either never hit market, or took a few years, from previous Kickstarters; a couple becuase of faulty molding, and some like the Bones 3 Weapon Sprues that they never could figure out a practical packaging system for.   

41 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

I wonder if this deceleration is something Reaper did on purpose. I mean, with Shavinra, the Greek Expansion, Spiders and the Giant things were going quite fast: maybe too fast, considering how early we are. Ruin Wights and Dark Elves aren't the kind of stuff that inspires increased pledges. Wonder if Reaper keeps this kind of stuff to reveal it when a break is needed, or it was really prepared to be revealed now. 

Probably a valid theory. Everything can't be a big "Wow!" reveal, and they tend to keep those to launch the KS and then to wrap it up at the end.    Reaper are experts at managing these Kickstarters and know just how to manage reveals to squeeze the most out of their backers' wallets, and have us enjoy it while it's happening! :lol:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

I like the Darkelfs. They fit with the ones we got from Darkreach, and I really liked those. 

I have 12 or so Elves painted up, so they haven't jumped to the front of my painting queue, but they're a solid addition to the core. 

There were a lot of options and Add Ons revealed recently, so it's nice we're back on to core unlocks. That's money I already spent :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Number Based on 0500-0600 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,856,300
Current Total Backers: 14,262
Next Goal At $1,890,000
To go to Next Goal $33,700
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 26.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 19.0

Gain in last Hour: $1,298
New Backers This Hour: 7
Total Gain Today: $9,110
Total Gain 24 Hours: $42,583
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,301
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,774
Current Average Pledge: $130.16
Average Hourly Backers Today: 6.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 10.2
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,855,002
Previous Hour Total Backers:

Will today be the day without an unlock??

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I see you've typed something there, but I find your words have no meaning to me though! ::P::lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Just now, Chris Palmer said:
4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I see you've typed something there, but I find your words have no meaning to me though! ::P::lol:

Precoffee I never know what my fingers are gonna type. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,857,263
Current Total Backers: 14,269
Next Goal At $1,890,000
To go to Next Goal $32,737
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 34.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 18.3

Gain in last Hour: $963
Total Gain Today: $10,073
Total Gain 24 Hours: $42,864
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,259
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,786
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 10.3
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,856,300
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,262
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,857,263
Current Total Backers: 14,269
Next Goal At $1,890,000
To go to Next Goal $32,737
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 34.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 18.3

Gain in last Hour: $963
Total Gain Today: $10,073
Total Gain 24 Hours: $42,864
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,259
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,786
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 10.3
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,856,300
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,262

Good lord, hours to next goal has only gotten worse....:blink:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

I am really excited still and I wonder what other expansions are coming.  Maybe a pirate one?

I looked through all of the ReaperCon images and it looks like most of those items are in the KS already.  I am really hoping for more giants and demons/devils.  I know another giant is coming, but I don't think I have seen any previews of demons/devils.  Maybe they were just in Bones 4 (which I missed).

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Waka said:

I am really excited still and I wonder what other expansions are coming.  Maybe a pirate one?

I looked through all of the ReaperCon images and it looks like most of those items are in the KS already.  I am really hoping for more giants and demons/devils.  I know another giant is coming, but I don't think I have seen any previews of demons/devils.  Maybe they were just in Bones 4 (which I missed).

There was a succubus trio in the Reapercon photos I think , if you count them as demons...

• Like 6

10 hours ago, GMStuff said:

Super long-time lurker.

Welcome to the Forum!

9 hours ago, fuleng said:

Here's what came to mind when the pirate ship was relieved    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OMlaUnkY1w

Garfield's Halloween Adventure

Garfield Over the Raging Sea We Go

• Sixty men all lost at sea,
  • All of them drunk except for me,
  • 'Twas I who had to face the storm,
  • With nothing in sight to keep me warm.
  • Yo ho ho ho,
  • Over the raging sea we go,
  • Yo ho ho ho,
  • Wherever the four winds blow, hey!

Welcome!

Great Poem!

6 hours ago, TripleH said:

Don't recall seeing this in previous comments here, but over in the KS comments there is discussion of making the Ship in translucent material and Ron & Ed are going to actually seriously research it. It may be a strong possibility if they can do translucent in styrene & abs. If so, we may be able to get a translucent green ghost ship to go with the sailors from the last KS.

Oh please No!

Only if they do it in two versions then, we need at least one generic ship to be able to function as a Navy/Merchant/Pirate Ship.

While I love Undead it would be too specific in translucent.

It might put me off buying it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:
6 hours ago, TripleH said:

Don't recall seeing this in previous comments here, but over in the KS comments there is discussion of making the Ship in translucent material and Ron & Ed are going to actually seriously research it. It may be a strong possibility if they can do translucent in styrene & abs. If so, we may be able to get a translucent green ghost ship to go with the sailors from the last KS.

Oh please No!

Only if they do it in two versions then, we need at least one generic ship to be able to function as a Navy/Merchant/Pirate Ship.

While I love Undead it would be too specific in translucent.

It might put me off buying it.

Translucent wouldn't bother me. It's easy enough to paint over. Plus, you get the benefit of having translucent windows for the captain's cabin! 

• Like 11

A slowdown right now is expected. The middle couple of weeks are all about adding backers slow and steady, increasing social media awareness and keeping everyone tuning in each day to consider upping their pledge. These types of campaigns really only expect about 1 percent of their final total in the middle days. They have said in the last few campaigns that spacing our the goals to try and hit ~1 a day in the middle period see to be their goal from an engagement standpoint. 

I did a quick graph of the last couple of kickstarters

Bones 4 is in Blue.

Bones 3 is in Red ( Extrapolated to equalize the days) 

Bones 5 is Grey

My projections for Bones 5 is in yellow.

image.png.33dbc7d66cb531756e9ed9f384777c47.png

I followed the last two kickstarters very closely and they followed a fairly predictable trend of early jump, slow growth, then big party at the end. There is something different about Bones 5. It got a much bigger jump out of the gate both with backers and money. My estimate is that we are trending to $4.5 million. And we really are to set some new Reaper records they will spring some extra great stuff on us.

* Not on my methodology- I calculated the percentage of total that was pledged by 11 days in Bones 4 and used that to project the total for bones 5. I then used the percentage for each day in Bones 4 to project the per day in Bones 5. Certainly not perfect but I used Bones 2,3 to extrapolate for Bones 4 and it tracked fairly well

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Number Based on 0700-0800 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,858,745
Current Total Backers: 14,280
Next Goal At $1,890,000
To go to Next Goal $31,255
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 21.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.4

Gain in last Hour: $1,482
New Backers This Hour: 11
Total Gain Today: $11,555