Jump to content

ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

We've never seen him without his helmet...just saying.

For all we know, Sir Forscale is a legendary hero, when he dies another loyal Knight is chosen to fulfill his role.

All in secrecy of course to maintain the legend of him being immortal.

It's considered an honour to be chosen, eventhough it means a certain death.

 

I had painted up Sir Hue Forscale as a brilliantly-created construct by yours truly.

 

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Ugh.

 

Between Pingo's daughter and Grumpy I have the theme from The Mighty Hercules stuck in my head.

 

And I NEVER SAW the show!

 

https://youtu.be/M16jOVC5kpA?list=PLDb22nlVXGgeoPb-HBWwzEeoAwDvckSrC

 

This, I saw.

 

 

You need to watch all of them! That way you get to see the most annoying character, Newton. "Herc! Herc!" ::P:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ironregime said:

...a couple obelisks and ruins, ...

 

2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

How 'bout a 4-inch ring with 9 chevrons and 39 glyph-like symbols on an inner track?

 

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

ooohhhh I like that!

 

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yes please!

 

2 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Talespinner designed a great portal for Bones 4 Fan Favorites.

 

I'm just gonna leave these here:

 

IMG_955.thumb.jpg.ce9fb7d3bf1768c2a75302214487a441.jpg

 

B323A929-E729-41C1-88CC-3560731BF667.thumb.jpeg.ac38b9baca20ac4cf9fc391c554dee1b.jpeg

 

7775C1D2-BA23-4783-A0CE-CAD2DE97F7A8.thumb.jpeg.e08bca4ad2731bafa9b4550114e7326f.jpeg

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Is it just me, or does everyone else see faces in the runes as well?

Yah, I see a few faces:) Quite Halloweeny at that:)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inarah said:

 

I think the object is to get word out about the KS.  Big prize tell your friends, all of them. Some might watch the stream and pledge.  The key is to keep promoting Bones 5. 

 

 

No, the paint set is for the twitch subscriber goal.  While this is tangentially related to the kickstarter, the paint prize itself is for that specific goal and Reaper Justin mentioned the open window for entries specifically to allow viewers from any time zone to get the word and enter.  The problem arises when this prize goes up, for an extended period, with no qualifications except that somebody A:  Be a twitch user and B: show up long enough to type "#free".  With $1500+ of free stuff (actually probably closer to $2000), no qualifications, and an open window that large there is a significant chance it will attract people with no interest in the kickstarter, or the stream, or even the hobby at all to show up and enter.  This is, particularly, a problem because the paint set was a lure to get people to work towards this goal to unlock this reward - and should the winner pool get grossly inflated by entrants who had nothing to do with reaching the goal, or even care that it existed at all, this reduces the chances of every person who DID work to achieve the goal - a fact that I imagine would make a lot of said regular participants pretty damn salty about the whole thing.  

 

I should note here that I'm not planning to even enter for the giveaway, on the grounds that I'm already freshly supplied with lots of paint and thus while it's a nice package it's not as useful to me as it might be to another entrant.  I don't need incentive to promote Reaper, I do it of my own free will because they've been exceptionally good to me.  I note this so it's clear I'm not pointing out the above in order to advance my own odds and self-interest.  This is not a dragon figure or a pack of pathfinder paints.  This is the whole paint line - and that's going to be a lot more attractive, in terms of effort v risk, for somebody who might only want it in order to hock it on eBay.  

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
9 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yay that means I get to bring out all the corny Menhir jokes at the table again ::P:

How many could there possibly be?

 

Mostly one but with different set dressings.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

No, the paint set is for the twitch subscriber goal.  While this is tangentially related to the kickstarter, the paint prize itself is for that specific goal and Reaper Justin mentioned the open window for entries specifically to allow viewers from any time zone to get the word and enter.  The problem arises when this prize goes up, for an extended period, with no qualifications except that somebody A:  Be a twitch user and B: show up long enough to type "#free".  With $1500+ of free stuff (actually probably closer to $2000), no qualifications, and an open window that large there is a significant chance it will attract people with no interest in the kickstarter, or the stream, or even the hobby at all to show up and enter.  This is, particularly, a problem because the paint set was a lure to get people to work towards this goal to unlock this reward - and should the winner pool get grossly inflated by entrants who had nothing to do with reaching the goal, or even care that it existed at all, this reduces the chances of every person who DID work to achieve the goal - a fact that I imagine would make a lot of said regular participants pretty damn salty about the whole thing.  

 

I should note here that I'm not planning to even enter for the giveaway, on the grounds that I'm already freshly supplied with lots of paint and thus while it's a nice package it's not as useful to me as it might be to another entrant.  I don't need incentive to promote Reaper, I do it of my own free will because they've been exceptionally good to me.  I note this so it's clear I'm not pointing out the above in order to advance my own odds and self-interest.  This is not a dragon figure or a pack of pathfinder paints.  This is the whole paint line - and that's going to be a lot more attractive, in terms of effort v risk, for somebody who might only want it in order to hock it on eBay.  

 

I keep missing the details in Twitch.  What exactly do we have to do to qualify for an entry?  I'm a relatively new painter and would like to throw my name in the hat for a chance at a ton of paints.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

This kickstarter needs more translucent purple. 

 

Not the Kickstarter, but if you make a $40 order at reaper this month, you get a free Ghoulie bag which has a translucent purple female wraith in it. 

 

5 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yay that means I get to bring out all the corny Menhir jokes at the table again ::P:

 

Examples, please.  I often have menhirs in my game, so...

 

I'm half watching Monday's Twitch stream on YouTube, and they released the concept art for the 15k backer reward that will be added to the core set. It IS a three headed troll, but it is not the joke one with Dave's, Ron's, & Ed's faces. (They DID show concept art for the joke troll over the weekend, and said Monday that it will be cast in metal eventually).

 

Here's the real 15k backer mini:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.8e625492b744027702fdd606fa376a83.jpeg

 

Sorry for the quality; I was watching on the Smart TV, so just took a photo of the screen. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rignes said:

 

I keep missing the details in Twitch.  What exactly do we have to do to qualify for an entry?  I'm a relatively new painter and would like to throw my name in the hat for a chance at a ton of paints.

 

Show up and type "#free" at the appointed time.  On Thursdays (and today, in about an hour) there are regular shows with giveaways.  Show up at any time while it's live before the end draw and type "#free".  That's it, all you gotta do.  

 

This is usually a good system, and I like that it's not limited to subscribers only.  For the big paint set, they haven't officially announced the plan - but presuming it is an announced window then when they say its from X time to Y time then show up and enter "#free" and you're in.  Good luck, and if you win 'em I hope you enjoy 'em!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

 

Not the Kickstarter, but if you make a $40 order at reaper this month, you get a free Ghoulie bag which has a translucent purple female wraith in it. 

yep. I have that one.

I just always want more translucent in these things. you can always paint over to make it solid, but you can't make solid become translucent 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

 

I'm half watching Monday's Twitch stream on YouTube, and they released the concept art for the 15k backer reward that will be added to the core set. It IS a three headed troll, but it is not the joke one with Dave's, Ron's, & Ed's faces. (They DID show concept art for the joke troll over the weekend, and said Monday that it will be cast in metal eventually).

 

hoping it's something that would stay in production or at least have a pretty sizeable production run and not something very limited in availability.....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firstlegion/stunning-75mm-resin-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest
       
      About
      First Legion 75mm Fantasy "Femmes Fatales" Resin Figure Kits
      A new series of provocative 75mm Fantasy Resin Figure Kits, each one beautifully sculpted and cast and a joy to paint.   
      Who We Are
      First Legion has long been a leading producer of 60mm scale superbly hand painted historical metal and resin figures as well as metal and resin figures kits in various scales. We most recently expanded into 28mm Fantasy miniatures with a huge launch of amazing sculpts that will be coming to retail early next year.   Please visit our websites and social media for more information.
      First Legion Historical
      First Legion Fantasy
      First Legion Facebook
      First Legion Instagram  
      The theme of the series is "Femmes Fatales", beautiful but dangerous women characters. Whether by force,  guile, or seduction these ladies are not to be fussed with.    There are 7 figures in total, each one more beautiful than the next and ranging in style from Gothic, to far eastern, nomadic, northern, and even an Aztec.   The commonality to them is that they are all stunning models of beautiful, dangerous women.  
      Those of you who followed our 28mm Fantasy Minis Kickstarter will recognize these figures from the "Femmes Fatales" Core Set.   They were originally sculpted in 75mm scale and reduced in scale to 28mm to be included in that KS as part of our 28mm fantasy series.  We present them here as originally conceived.    
      Unlike our 28mm KS, which had 170+ models, this KS is purposely very simple and very succinct.    Stunning models at great prices with rewards shipping in just 3 months!    
      Pledge Levels
      The first 5 Figures listed below are tied to pledge levels with selections to be made in our pledge manager following funding.   The higher the pledge level, but better deal it is on each figure.  
      Early Bird Pledge Levels are open for the first 27 hours.
      Add-On Sets
      The last two are available as an add-ons only, or as part of the "Drop Dead Gorgeous" Pledge Level.  Finally, there are three more that will be optional add-ons tied to stretch goals. 
      Resin Figure Kits
      All miniatures are produced in high quality resin and provided unpainted and unassembled.
      Mature Audience
      The figures below contain some nudity and are not suitable for audiences under 18.
      If you are offended by such figures, please stop reading and just move on.   They are purposely designed to be risqué, sexy, dangerous, and above all beautiful.    
       
       
       
       
    • By Darsc Zacal
      I’m interested in what people here think of this.
      It seems like a great idea, but I’m wondering if there might be some unforeseen drawbacks.
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atlasmundi/immersive-battle-maps-for-tabletop-roleplaying-gam/description
      -
       
       





    • By WhiteWulfe
      EDIT: It's live! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/oathsworn-burrows-and-badgers-anthro-miniatures-mouse-dog-cat
       

      We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers tabletop skirmish game and the accompanying range of miniatures. And our Kickstarter backers have already helped us to grow the range to over 100 miniatures - but now it's time to add some more!

      Some miniatures from previous projects...
       
      Why are we making more miniatures?
      Because we want more characters for our Burrows & Badgers games – my Freebeast warband needs reinforcements, for a start! 
      And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. A lot of people are playing Burrows & Badgers now, and many of them have asked for Massive Hounds and a Massive Raptor, so we've sculpted them! Some will want to use them for other tabletop or roleplaying games, while others love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....
      And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.
      We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.
       
      Why we need your help...
      We've got 17 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the production moulds made, and get the casting process started.
       
      About the miniatures...
      There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.
      Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.

       
      The Pledges
      We’re keeping it as simple as possible; there’s an ‘All-in’ pledge, which gets you all the new miniatures in this Kickstarter, and any bonus bits that may come along… there’s also a ‘Pick’n’Mix’ Pledge, if you just want to get a few of the new miniatures. For the Pick'n'Mix, just total up the prices of all the miniatures you want, and pledge for that amount. There's a minimum pledge of £10. There's only six of the sculpts shown so far, but expect more to be added regularly... I'll probably add two or three a day!
       

      ^Minimum of £10

      Pledge Level: The Great £40
       

      Pledge Level: The Small £64

      Pledge Level: All In £99
       
       
      Original post:
       
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/968660672/fishing-village?ref=discovery_category_newest
       
      About
      -Hi everyone, this time I propose you a Fishing Village:
      5 Houses   7 Footbridges  1 Bridge -A few years ago I did something similar for video games 
      here you can see the video: and I've thought of creating models suitable for 3D printing.
      -The models are in scale for 28 mm miniatures and are divided into components to be assembled without glue only joints.
      -Doors, windows, nets and winches are printed separately.
      -Each house is playable inside, with working doors and on the ground floor there is a fireplace with the pipeline out.
      -The prints you see below have been made with an Ender 3, layer 0.2 mm, infill 5%, Pla Geetech white, the models have been designed to have as few supports as possible, I printed them with an overhang of 80 ° -85 °, support Z distance 0,3 mm.
      -I highly recommend the use of printers with a print bed of at least 20x20x20 cm (for this scale).
      -Paint with cans and acrylic colors.
      -Each house needs about 500-800 grams of filament.
      -I put hooks scattered on the houses to attach cordage or oil lamps 
      -I remind you that only digital models will be sent to you, NOT PHISICAL ONES.
      * Good fishing ... *
      By removing the base you can have houses for a land village.
       
    • By Darsc Zacal
      Now Live, a kickstarter for a  Set of 10 Female Amazons(Queen, Mage, Shaman, Ranger, Bowwomen, Slinger, 4 Warriors)
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/28-mm-fantasy-female-amazons
       
      Tomb Guardians use many of the same sculptors as Reaper so some of the sculpting styles might seem familiar.
       
      Pictured below is a render of the mage.
       
       


  • Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 244 Guests (See full list)

×