ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

26 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

I like these as well and will likely get an extra set or two. I have only seen pics of three renders here. Are there pics of the rest somewhere?

Pages 122 and 129 of this thread will give you all the renders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Rainbow Sculptor said:

Pages 122 and 129 of this thread will give you all the renders. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

I found pictures of 10 greek creatures from Reapercon .

Assuming that that one human with a scroll is wearing a toga. 

Titian 

Columns (2)

Harpies (3)

hoplite  (+) 

Iron Golem

Senator

I can't imagine that the set will come with only 1 hoplite/ warrior. 

it may come down to how much I want the titian and how big he is.  buying him retail would be at least 1/3 of the set price 

the Iron Golem is the most impressive after the titan - even if I get the set, I would pick up a second from retail 

We have also seen a Hippogriff, Hydra, Cyclops and Cerberus

Dunno if all are in the expansion though 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, kodiakbear said:

I am so happy we are getting Greek mythology minis

Thank you Reaper

3bf5e98d5a570b96214175ff8d671296_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1570308346&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=1adc63de67a9acecea34c9983baf6e9e

Hail Hydra!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

No he didn't. That was a regular WFB Chaos Warrior. The one from Heroquest is this guy:

heroquest_chaos_warrior.jpg.f33bc5133d85281fb76da3c5bbc421e8.jpg

Similar, but not the same. (Not my picture; found it on the 'net)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm liking A LOT of stuff in this Kickstarter, my plans to cherry-pick are in jeopardy.

Here it is, wasn't this a GW model?

449912411_oldminipic.jpg.c28fb590f99e66374207a0c0de1425ca.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I have this mini, but mine has two axes. Maybe heroquest re-popped it?

I thought mine was GW or partha. He's on a slotta base. (gonna have to find him)

The plastic chaos warrior with two axes is from Talisman. ::): Mum has the version with plastic minis, even a not bad dragon.

2 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

That guy is metal, but looks a LOT like the Talsman version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

DId….did you destroy a chaos knight from HERO QUEST?!....How DARE YOU!

I took an X-acto brand saw blade and carefully sawed through the figure at just the right angle... :devil: ...to fit against that horse. That’s right, sawed him in half, like he was Bones plastic or something. 

(I have never owned Heroquest. The foot Knigget figure was a rescue from a bits bin in a now defunct comics and games store.

The spare head of the horse may or may not have been involved in a Frogcident that resulted in a horse-headed Ork. :ph34r: Investigators are still working to determine if the resulting creature should be designated a “ Hork ” or an “ ‘Orse “.)

Edited by TGP
I might belong to the Frogwartian studies group within House Tabletop.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

11 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Yes it is. That one's metal, where the one I posted is plastic. I'm not sure which version came first, though.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I have this mini, but mine has two axes. Maybe heroquest re-popped it?

I thought mine was GW or partha. He's on a slotta base.

At some point in the way back when from before time GW had some version of the double axe wielding figure nicknamed or officially named Slambo, I think. 

But enough about that company from Nottingham. 

In the way back when from before time Reaper has produced an assortment of Greek, Roman, or Gladiator figures in metal. Maybe some of them could turn up in this Graeco Expansion?  They’d be missing a trick if they did not. 

Edited by TGP
Attack of the Typos
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

In the way back when from before time Reaper has produced an assortment of Greek, Roman, or Gladiator figures in metal. Maybe some of them could turn up in this Graeco Expansion?  They’d be missing a trick if they did not. 

Let's hope if they do, they're reimagined versions... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Why? He asked...

03104_G.jpg

Some of them are kinda bad-broccoli. **

Edited by TGP
**Not what I originally typed but it works with the base.... snerk.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, TGP said:
11 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Why? He asked...

03104_G.jpg

Some of them are kinda bad-broccoli. **

Yeah, but not all of them. 

02694_G.jpg

• Haha 2

That guy could be ditched, he’s Roman. 

Urian, Achilles, Heracles, Aquarius might be worth considering. 

• Like 1