ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 minute ago, Corsair said:

@Glitterwolf check out the great Photoshops on the trebuchet on pages 147-148 of this thread

Yeah, the siege engines are a must-buy for me as a wargamer. One three engine battery of each, 60$ TOTAL?!! No brainer.

• Like 4

@Glitterwolf they have mentioned that they are currently in talks with some long time friends of, i believe Ron's, in Germany for EU shipping if Brexit makes it bad to ship from the UK.  Nothing set in stone yet and prolly not until after Brexit does or doesn't happen ....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Disserrma said:

@Glitterwolf they have mentioned that they are currently in talks with some long time friends of, i believe Ron's, in Germany for EU shipping if Brexit makes it bad to ship from the UK.  Nothing set in stone yet and prolly not until after Brexit does or doesn't happen ....

Sounds good. Now to see if the US /China conflict will work out well. 

I read something about a Bones A Ford?  That would be fun.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Disserrma said:

Yeah, I was looking at the Royal Mail shipping rates for some Essex stuff (Scaley Orcs, a classic), and I thought "Are you people crazy?!". Then I saw what DHL and others were charging to ship from UK to US. Sadly, my days of buying Brit minis may be over.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

20 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Yeah, I was looking at the Royal Mail shipping rates for some Essex stuff (Scaley Orcs, a classic), and I thought "Are you people crazy?!". Then I saw what DHL and others were charging to ship from UK to US. Sadly, my days of buying Brit minis may be over.

It's the opposite for me.  Shipping from the UK is very affordable, shipping from the US is getting quite pricey.  So my UK purchases have been increasing.  Reaper's US shipping and free ship threshold are still good, so I haven't started using their UK hub yet.  But it's probably a future option, if necessary.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I really hope pulp is not the only Chronoscope related set we see.  I've got no use for pulp.  Steampunk I have no use for too, but I loves me some Steampunk. I'm really hoping for something Sci-Fi (and no, I have nothing to use Sci-Fi for either really.....)

I'm cool with steampunk. It's easy enough to make most of it work for space opera style sci-fi. 

Number Based on 1000-1100 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,728,416
Current Total Backers: 13,635
Next Goal At $1,750,000
To go to Next Goal $21,584
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 7.7
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 6.7

Gain in last Hour: $2,789
New Backers This Hour: 12
Total Gain Today: $15,371
Total Gain 24 Hours: $80,764
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,397
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $3,220
Current Average Pledge: $126.76
Average Hourly Backers Today: 5.7
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 11.6
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,725,627
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,623

Still looking like a dinner time unlock, unless the twitch stream kicks things into higher gear. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skallabjorn said:

As far as where to use pulp/steampunk, this is currently in the works. Minis from, Reaper, system from SJG, art and design from Foglios. This combination could get me back to GMing.

And the GG world/comic is Gaslight/Steampunk FANTASY! JAEGERMONSTERS!!!!

Mmmn, Gurps. Crunchy!  We can wish, but I doubt Reaper has a license do do anything GG/Gurps related. 

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'm cool with steampunk. It's easy enough to make most of it work for space opera style sci-fi.

This.  These days you can put robots nearly anywhere, steampunk, D&D, sci-fi.  

I'm trying to think which chronoscope figures haven't already been done in Bones that could end up along with an automobile.  I'm hoping for an expansion full of new figures, but an encounter set sounds much more likely this time. 

48e1bc6f62d2095bdf128b928247f736.thumb.jpg.8bf21b900ba89f032f68dac33392684c.jpg

Also,  will there be any Pathfinder this time around? 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 9

15 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

....like an IMEF main battle tank.... ::D:

I designed and printed my own, but I'd still like to see something like this.

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I'm hoping the car set is more an encounter add on, and that there's also a dedicated Chronoscope set on top of it. I need some more sci-fi in my life!

Same here. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Skallabjorn said:

As far as where to use pulp/steampunk, this is currently in the works. Minis from, Reaper, system from SJG, art and design from Foglios. This combination could get me back to GMing.

image.thumb.png.366b29cc977e8013f8a052aa12cb2f1b.png

And the GG world/comic is Gaslight/Steampunk FANTASY! JAEGERMONSTERS!!!!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

hoping for some Steampunk this Kickstarter!

• Like 5

Are there any good close up photos of the stained glass golem out there?  I'm thinking about having my wife do one in real stained glass.

• Like 7

Number Based on 1100-1200 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,731,428
Current Total Backers: 13,647
Next Goal At $1,750,000
To go to Next Goal $18,572
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 6.2
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 5.8

Gain in last Hour: $3,012
New Backers This Hour: 12
Total Gain Today: $18,383
Total Gain 24 Hours: $80,297
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,532
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $3,220
Current Average Pledge: $126.87
Average Hourly Backers Today: 6.3
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 11.6
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,728,416
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,635
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Are there any good close up photos of the stained glass golem out there?  I'm thinking about having my wife do one in real stained glass.

don't think so, i think it's just a render

• Like 2