ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Too much opportunity for mispronunciations with “t” replacements. :lol:

Only if you've met the skipper.

But it could be worse, it could be The Good Ship Venus. (*WARNING!* FILTHY, FILTHY SONG!)

*EDIT* Or De Vliegende Hollander

The Auld Grump - I'm the only tar what ever jumped ship from Van der Decken's crew,

And that's about the strangest thing that ever a man can do.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Ok, I've heard of the term "gravy boat" but this is getting outta hand.

There is a PDF ship that I am very fond of - but one of my friends printed it up, put shamrocks on the sails, and wore it as a hat. (He won a prize for it at an Irish pub on St. Patrick's Day.)

The PDF model is over twenty inches long, about two feet, including the bowsprit.

Nice as that PDF is, I am so lusting after this....

The Auld grump - She was schooner rigged and rakish,

With a long and lithesome hull,

When we flew the pretty colors,

Of the crossed bones and the skull....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

And - - - - -

Now we need a suitable sized KRAKEN.

L.O.T.S. demands this be made to happen in the name of equality of species.

GEM

Fortunately it is easy to create sea serpents of suitable size. (I am betting that either Pingo or Pingo's Husband is familiar with this documentary...)

The Auld Grump - yes, auld. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

In a bottle?

WHAT bottle? Even a Nebuchadnezzar bottle is only 30" tall!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

We have a new 7 Day painting challenge!

Nooo..... :wacko:

1 hour ago, icestormganon said:

I haven't been painting that long so I haven't tried anything big yet.  I suppose that makes sense though.

Okay, well to be fair, I have practice painting very large things in a short period of time. For less-crazy individuals, probably a few weeks by hand, significantly less if one has an airbrush.

1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

@OneBoot Can you msg me and tell me if they are making an astral dreadnought and a hecatonacheries. I doubt they ever would, at least for the latter , but still. 

No need to message, the 'pirate' ship was the only thing I was told about. Well that and the theme for one of the expansions that hasn't shown up yet, but shouldn't be a huge surprise when it drops.

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

He still hasn't delivered ::P:

I have to admit to laughing out loud when I read that. :lol:

57 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

I feel for @Buglips  and its ear-bristle brushes for the 1 week ship challenge.

@buglips*the*goblin has, as far as I know, officially retired from doing goblin challenges.

I, on the other hand, am considering this.

A little bit.

MAYBE.

It will largely depend on how expensive the thing ends up being, and whether I can convince MrBoot of the practicality of the thing.

Though we do have a lovely big fireplace mantle we could display it on... (don't plan on using the fireplace itself, so that's not a concern).

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Ship names... The Black Pearl is taken...  The grey carbuncle?

Sophie's Pride?

The Reaper?

The Wave Scythe

Reaper of Souls

I'm pretty sure there is a grim reaper on the bow, below the bowspirit. 

• Like 5

Well, there's the ship everyone has been screaming for.  I just happened to remember Reaper Live was on, and stopped in the middle of making dinner to see if they'd revealed anything, and it popped up on screen. Wow!  Wonder how many parts that will come in. 

And.... folks on KS are already complaining that it will cost too much and they won't pledge for it after all.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Well, there's the ship everyone has been screaming for.  I just happened to remember Reaper Live was on, and stopped in the middle of making dinner to see if they'd revealed anything, and it popped up on screen. Wow!  Wonder how many parts that will come in. 

And.... folks on KS are already complaining that it will cost too much and they won't pledge for it after all.  

Meh, in the update there are folks saying they want an Armada, in the main comments people are complaining.  IMHO, this is standard KS.

I am in for two

Edited by turbocooler
  • Like 10

There is definitely a core group of malcontents on the KS page, hoping to get two ships one will be used as table top skirmish scenery in a post apocalyptic game we play regularly think I will mount it up on a frame and have it on land as a base

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Im kinda thinking that same thing.

Yeah, me too.  I would have been all over one about half this size.  I can’t use this.  I’m a little disappointed, but hey, at least that something I’m not going to get.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I think the ship needs to be unnamed by Reaper. Keep it generic. Allow the owner to name it. 

This.

I don't want a distinctive figurehead; I don't want a carved name. I don't want skull finials. I don't want to have to take things off to get to the basic ship.

But for the packaging, call it whatever.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I can't believe it. They actually did it. Now, how many otter pirates will it take to properly handle "Sophie's Scourge"?

• Like 4
  • Haha 6